3 year old explains why he doesn't want to eat meat - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #16
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 year old explains why he doesn't want to eat meat

Nice script. Amazing co-incidence that the camera just happened to be on and pointed directly at him as he began his discourse.

Kid needs to be sent to his room with no dessert.

When an octopus is trapped it will offer an arm to the hunter, hoping that will be enough. It then grows another one.

Last edited by buddyholly : 06-07-2013 at 11:37 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post

We do not need meat to survive..
Nor the Internet. Nor cars. So if there is anywhere in the world where we know people are suffering by being forced to work in mines to get the metals we put in our unnecessary cars and computers, let us make them free and happy before we move on to assure the happiness of other species. It is our moral duty.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
allowing morals and ethics to get in the way of your diet is really weak. We are stronger therefore we can farm the brainless cattle for meat. Simple as that.
okay, lets eat some babies

BTW: Scientists have compared pigs to three-year-old children in terms of intelligence.

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #19
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
BTW: Scientists have compared pigs to three-year-old children in terms of intelligence.

Those scientists have no business in the domain. They should find some fishing spot and retire there. The world needs answers, not comparisons.

Again, people eat what they wanna eat. No group is allowed to tell the other group what to eat. TSD is not right in saying "not eating meat is an anomaly". Vegetarians here are not right in saying "Let's eat babies than, if ethics is not part of it. Babies are as dumb as pigs anyway".
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #20
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
okay, lets eat some babies

Neither of these sentences is relevant.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #21
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post

Those scientists have no business in the domain. They should find some fishing spot and retire there. The world needs answers, not comparisons.

Again, people eat what they wanna eat. No group is allowed to tell the other group what to eat. TSD is not right in saying "not eating meat is an anomaly". Vegetarians here are not right in saying "Let's eat babies than, if ethics is not part of it. Babies are as dumb as pigs anyway".
I'm not aware of the studies Commander Data is referring to, but what qualifies you to discredit scientists without having even read their findings? I don't think there's anything surprising in that statement, anyway.

And of course they are allowed to say whatever they want. You might agree with what they say or not, but quit the censorship. And while you're at it, try not to put words into other people's mouths (bold).

The key misconception permeating your post is the idea that morality is tied to intelligence. If that were true, what should prevent us from killing an orphaned newborn? After all, babies are pretty dumb.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #22
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not aware of the studies Commander Data is referring to, but what qualifies you to discredit scientists without having even read their findings? I don't think there's anything surprising in that statement, anyway.
My 10 month old baby of course. And the obvious fact that 3 year olds walk and talk (full conversations), which I don't think pigs do at any given moment. What do they quantify intelligence in? Puzzles? 3 y.o. can do them. Labyrinths? 3 y.o. can do them. In any way you can possible think, unless the kid suffers from a genetic anomaly or disease, it is impossible for any animal (not just pigs) to be smarter than a 3 y.o.

Read this for instance, this is a hot topic since 2008.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/.../t-452535.html
Old 06-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #23
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Nor the Internet. Nor cars. So if there is anywhere in the world where we know people are suffering by being forced to work in mines to get the metals we put in our unnecessary cars and computers, let us make them free and happy before we move on to assure the happiness of other species. It is our moral duty.
It most certainly is our moral duty to help other human beings, by fighting against the exploitation of workers in third world countries through the purchase of Fairtrade products, for instance. But nothing prevents us from doing that while helping other living beings as well.

After all, we are not talking about leaving everything behind and starting a new life at the service of animals. We can reduce animal suffering tremendously by simply changing our diet.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Old 06-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #24

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My 10 month old baby of course. And the obvious fact that 3 year olds walk and talk (full conversations), which I don't think pigs do at any given moment. What do they quantify intelligence in? Puzzles? 3 y.o. can do them. Labyrinths? 3 y.o. can do them. In any way you can possible think, unless the kid suffers from a genetic anomaly or disease, it is impossible for any animal (not just pigs) to be smarter than a 3 y.o.

You seem to have a strange view what scientists do . of course scientists compare things. what should be wrong about comparing things? Let me add that I eat plenty of meat and I am a Physicist. And Yes I Do compare things, for example the mass of a car to the mass of 25 pigs, should I retire?

http://phys.org/news/2013-05-techniq...ituations.html

http://www.genome.gov/11511308

http://www.news-medical.net/news/201...m-species.aspx

"And the obvious fact that 3 year olds walk and talk (full conversations), which I don't think pigs do at any given moment."

Pigs don't walk? okay....
and by the way, just because you cannot understand them pigs does not imply they cannot communicate.

- Magnus Carlsen

Last edited by Commander Data : 06-07-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #25
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/.../t-452535.html
Stephen Hawking can't walk or talk. Are 3-year-olds more intelligent than him?

I don't know what measure of intelligent scientists used in their findings, but I'm quite confident they did not base it on the ability to walk on two limbs, speak English or use retractable thumbs to make puzzles.

If a comparison in intelligence between two species is to be even remotely objective, it will have to be unbiased, and not based on the particular manifestations of intelligence in one of the species.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #26
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
It most certainly is our moral duty to help other human beings, by fighting against the exploitation of workers in third world countries through the purchase of Fairtrade products, for instance. But nothing prevents us from doing that while helping other living beings as well.

After all, we are not talking about leaving everything behind and starting a new life at the service of animals. We can reduce animal suffering tremendously by simply changing our diet.
There is lots of evidence that Fairtrade has put small coffee farmers out of business. The trendy moralists only buy Fairtrade products, yet only the big companies can afford the fees to belong to the Fairtrade club.

If we do not draw a line between human and other living beings, should we then get involved when a cat that is not hungry is toying with a mouse?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #27

Quote:
Vegetarians here are not right in saying "Let's eat babies than, if ethics is not part of it. Babies are as dumb as pigs anyway".
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Neither of these sentences is relevant.
Lets not let allow your morals and ethics to get in the way of your diet, it is really weak. We are stronger and they are excellent source of protein, therefore we can use them for meat. Simple as that.

- Magnus Carlsen
Old 06-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #28
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Stephen Hawking can't walk or talk..
When Hawking talks science I listen. When Hawking talks anti-Israeli crap, I pull the plug.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #29
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
. We are stronger and they are excellent source of protein, therefore we can use them for meat. Simple as that.
Yes, it is that simple. Very eloquently put. What other use does a pig have?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #30
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Stephen Hawking can't walk or talk. Are 3-year-olds more intelligent than him?

I don't know what measure of intelligent scientists used in their findings, but I'm quite confident they did not base it on the ability to walk on two limbs, speak English or use retractable thumbs to make puzzles.

If a comparison in intelligence between two species is to be even remotely objective, it will have to be unbiased, and not based on the particular manifestations of intelligence in one of the species.
That's pretty ambiguous. So, let's take away all the things man is clearly superior to pigs, like bipedal walking, talking, ability to read, write, use retractable thumbs, perform calculations and rational thinking. Let's go for the simple tasks. Put a pig in the woods and it finds the road home... AMAZING!!! 3 y.os can't do that, pigs are fuckin smart, ey? Yeah, it's called sense of smell. Pigs are smarter than us because they can use their sense of smell better than cats, dogs and 3 y.o. Wow, pigs are social, 3 y.os no way they're social. Wow, pigs locked inside a box have incredible patience and endurance, 3 y.o. cry for their mommies. That's so smart, Jack, let's publish this crap, we'll make millions.