--*The Formula 1 Thread*-- - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #1
country flag Nikki♥

Nikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond repute
Default --*The Formula 1 Thread*--

Only a few weeks to go until the kick off of the 2005 Formula 1 season and I can´t hardly wait, the beginning of the season is usually very exciting. It´s a true pleasure for me to get up early in the morning just because I don´t want to miss one single one of the races, not even the ones in Australia and Asia. I´ve started this thread to see how many other MTF´ers are interested in Formula 1 (obviously no one is as interested in it as me because I would consider myself as a true addict in the early stages of the season...just when Schumacher keeps on winning and winning and taking the title, like, 6 or 8 races before the end of the season I somehow start losing my interest in it. Let´s admit it, with such a kind of domination motorsport gets really boring). I really hope we can keep this thread going throughout the year. Feel free to share pictures, results and your opinions.
Will the new rules slow down Ferrari? How will Michael´s little brother do in Toyota? And what about the new Red Bull team? Do you think they will be able to score some points in their first season? Will Montoya and Raikkonen be able to give Schumacher a run for his money? And what about Barrichello? How many tears will he shed this year? (crybaby ) Who will be the underdogs this year? Will Button win his first race this season? And was it probably the wrong decision for BMW to sign Heidfeld? What do you think about the new drivers? Who will you be rooting for this year? And so on and so on. The most important question probably is: Which top model will Flavio get preggers this year? But...hehehe, just kidding. Feel free to discuss whatever you want as long as it has to do with Formula 1, bashing Juan Pablo Montoya is strictly forbidden by me, Princesa. I´m the starter of this thread which means I can make the rules. No one bashes my favorite rambo driver JPM or he/she will be thrown in the dungeon.

Monty is the man.

Have fun peeps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Bičuj me mamita!
Nikki♥ is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2005, 08:02 AM   #2
country flag lizzieh

lizzieh has a reputation beyond reputelizzieh has a reputation beyond reputelizzieh has a reputation beyond reputelizzieh has a reputation beyond reputelizzieh has a reputation beyond reputelizzieh has a reputation beyond reputelizzieh has a reputation beyond reputelizzieh has a reputation beyond reputelizzieh has a reputation beyond reputelizzieh has a reputation beyond reputelizzieh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: --*The Formula 1 Thread*--

I used to be a massive fan of Formula 1 back in the good old days of Prost, Senna, Mansell etc, but even though I can't say I care as much as I did back then, I still keep a watchful eye over proceedings.

As for this year.... answer to "can anyone keep Schumacher on a leash.." the answer is no. If he wants it bad enough.. which he still seems to, he'll win again.

I'm going to be interested to see how this Indian guy does.... sorry can't remember his name off the top of my overworked head.

Barrichello... good driver, but I fear he's nothing more than Eddie Irvine used to be, a journeyman whose sole purpose in life is to be Schumacher's whipping boy... unless he moves.

Button... like him, want him to win a race, it's about time us Brits had someone good to cheer, and I really do think that he has a chance if BAR build on the good progress they made last year.

Montoya and Raik konen... hmmmm. Still yet to see how they're going to get on as teammates.. you couldn't get more chalk and cheese as personalities. Still touting Raikkonen as a future champ..... always have done since he first came on the scene.

As for Montoya... boy he's got some talent, but he needs to learn how to harness it properly... then I believe he will really give Schumacher a run for his money. (am I allowed to say this?!!)
Old 02-13-2005, 08:58 AM   #3
bad gambler

good idea, i'm a HUGE F1 fan and am going to the Melbourne GP this year as well to see my two fav drivers Mark Webber and Narayen Karthikeyan

Really hoping Webber can challenge for victories this year given his move to Williams and hope the Indian can get points thorughout the year

Hmm.....I'm actually not a fan of JPM princesca so i could be at odds with you throughout the whole year!

Can't wait, only a couple of weeks to go!
View My Blog!  
Old 02-13-2005, 09:09 AM   #4
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Actually the real motor racing season has started. I will keep on eye on the F1 results, but will be at best blase about it.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-13-2005, 09:44 AM   #5
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute

I like Kimi and have followed McLaren for a few years now. I miss Mika.

I'm interested to see how JPM will do with McLaren. He's ok, but has too much of a big mouth for my liking.

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub
maratski is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-13-2005, 10:26 AM   #6
country flag Nikki♥

Nikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond reputeNikki♥ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzieh
I used to be a massive fan of Formula 1 back in the good old days of Prost, Senna, Mansell etc, but even though I can't say I care as much as I did back then, I still keep a watchful eye over proceedings.

As for this year.... answer to "can anyone keep Schumacher on a leash.." the answer is no. If he wants it bad enough.. which he still seems to, he'll win again.

I'm going to be interested to see how this Indian guy does.... sorry can't remember his name off the top of my overworked head.

Barrichello... good driver, but I fear he's nothing more than Eddie Irvine used to be, a journeyman whose sole purpose in life is to be Schumacher's whipping boy... unless he moves.

Button... like him, want him to win a race, it's about time us Brits had someone good to cheer, and I really do think that he has a chance if BAR build on the good progress they made last year.

Montoya and Raik konen... hmmmm. Still yet to see how they're going to get on as teammates.. you couldn't get more chalk and cheese as personalities. Still touting Raikkonen as a future champ..... always have done since he first came on the scene.

As for Montoya... boy he's got some talent, but he needs to learn how to harness it properly... then I believe he will really give Schumacher a run for his money. (am I allowed to say this?!!)
I miss Senna a lot, he was simply the best. If he was still alive, Schumacher would have never won so many titles.

I used to like Eddie Irvine a lot, he was never able to show his real talent but in my opinion he rather spent lots of time with the parties and glamour the F1 circuit had to offer instead on focusing on his driving.

I also think that Schumacher is hard to be kept on a leash, this guy is the Roger Federer of Formula 1, obviously he´s got his weak spots as well but the combination of his and Ferrari´s experience is something that´s hard to be beaten. Sad but true. I just hope that the championship won´t be decided too early this year.

Montoya and Raikkonen are both aiming for the top, I mean...they probably respect each other as team mates (or maybe not , with JPM you never know) but when it comes to scoring points for the championship the respect soon becomes less and less important and turns into a competition where neither of them are willing to give in. Hopefully that doesn´t lead to too many crashes. It´s interesting to see 2 fiery heads battling over who´s the number 1 in the team but that´s definitely not good for the championship. 2 DNF´s on the race weekend means 0 championship points for McLaren Mercedes which really sucks as I think they´ve got what it takes to be a top team and it would be terrible if their chances would be destroyed by their 2 drivers fighting over who´s the boss.

Quote:
Bičuj me mamita!
Old 02-13-2005, 10:28 AM   #7
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Actually the real motor racing season has started. I will keep on eye on the F1 results, but will be at best blase about it.

rally u mean?
View My Blog!  
Old 02-13-2005, 10:30 AM   #8
country flag Nikki♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
good idea, i'm a HUGE F1 fan and am going to the Melbourne GP this year as well to see my two fav drivers Mark Webber and Narayen Karthikeyan
I also want to attend a F1 race again this year. I don´t know which one yet and somehow the ticket prices have become ridiculously expensive. Maybe I´ll just go and try to get some autographs and pictures again like it did last year. It was a lot of fun.

Quote:
Hmm.....I'm actually not a fan of JPM princesca so i could be at odds with you throughout the whole year!
No problem, I know how to fight back.

Quote:
Bičuj me mamita!
Old 02-13-2005, 10:31 AM   #9
country flag Nikki♥

Quote:
Rally fan?

For me the best part of the motorsport season starts on April 17 with the kick off of the European F3 series. I´ve received my tickets for the race 3 weeks ago, can´t hardly wait. Hehehe. To tell the truth I actually prefer F3 to F1 but I hardly know anyone who thinks the same, it doesn´t seem too popular.

Quote:
Bičuj me mamita!
Old 02-13-2005, 10:34 AM   #10
country flag Nikki♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerleader #1
I like Kimi and have followed McLaren for a few years now. I miss Mika.

I'm interested to see how JPM will do with McLaren. He's ok, but has too much of a big mouth for my liking.
I like Montoya´s big mouth, if he was able to make all of his promises come true sooner or later it would be a lot better though. He´s definitely got lots of potential, with the right team and lots of hard work (and a little less crashes) he´ll sooner or later be a real threat for the title.

Mika´s got a great personally. Too bad that he said that he will never race in Formula 1 anymore, he´s definitely missed by many. This year he´s going to race in the German Touring Car Championship (DTM) for Mercedes, I have heard.

Quote:
Bičuj me mamita!
Old 02-13-2005, 10:42 AM   #11
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesa!
Rally fan?

For me the best part of the motorsport season starts on April 17 with the kick off of the European F3 series. I´ve received my tickets for the race 3 weeks ago, can´t hardly wait. Hehehe. To tell the truth I actually prefer F3 to F1 but I hardly know anyone who thinks the same, it doesn´t seem too popular.
Yes, I am a rally fan and those guys will always have the greatest respect me and not these pampered jockeys that are F1 drivers.

I mean they actually have to deal with real changeable conditions and the perfect example I saw when McRae drove a F1 car and handled it very well, but the F1 driver struggled like a blind man driving a Volvo.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #12
country flag Nikki♥

Quote:
Yes, I am a rally fan and those guys will always have the greatest respect me and not these pampered jockeys that are F1 drivers.

I mean they actually have to deal with real changeable conditions and the perfect example I saw when McRae drove a F1 car and handled it very well, but the F1 driver struggled like a blind man driving a Volvo.
That´s true. My friend is always telling me that, he´s a Rally co-pilot in Portugal and when I hear about all the injuries he has had already and all the accidents I really start respecting these guys and their achievements.

Quote:
Bičuj me mamita!
Old 02-13-2005, 10:53 AM   #13
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesa!
That´s true. My friend is always telling me that, he´s a Rally co-pilot in Portugal and when I hear about all the injuries he has had already and all the accidents I really start respecting these guys and their achievements.
I know this is true and the fact they aren't as arrogant as the F1 guys and what they do is in many ways more challenging.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-13-2005, 12:02 PM   #14
bad gambler

pampered agreed but what really attracts me about the F1 circus is the level of fitness of the drivers - their fitness is extremely underestimated and when you are dealing with the types of G forces they are.

i have a passing interest in the rally world championship but that has more to do with the lack of coverage it gets in australia as opposed to my actual interest in it. i know the boys from finland are awesome, i was able to meet gronholm a few years back when he came down under as part of a promotional stop with mikka.
View My Blog!  
Old 02-13-2005, 12:08 PM   #15
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Well bg, I have to say Foxtel is one of my best friends since I have been in Australia. Rally the only motor sport I watch and the Super 9 tennis events that is good enough for me.

The one in Perth is a good race and most of the Finns are pretty cool, man they can suck down the piss that is for sure.

As for F1 guys yes their fitness is very good and Schumi plays football for the village team where he lives in Switzerland and kills the other guys in the fitness.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Closed Thread