"Tenis Pro" (Zabaleta's show!) - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-09-2005, 08:48 PM   #91
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Tenis Pro" (Zabaleta's show!)

I´ve just finished watching Gastón in Tenis Pro again, and I couldn´t stop laughing: he never acts for the camera, but here they filmed him while the others are having a massage. Gastón is standing, wearing crazy clothes: baby-pink shirt that says “TAKE YOUR TOP OFF” (and underneath there´s a drawing of a convertible) combined with orange trunks. He´s got hold of a Tenis Pro script and he stands up there and reads it to them:

“Hello, my beautiful people of Tenis Pro!”. He chortles. (There´s a caption saying: Will Gastón be the next host of Tenis Pro?)
He continues making fun of the indications in the script: “PLANE, TRIP, INDIAN WELLS. HAS TO BE TAPED BY THE HOSTS THEMSELVES”. “COPETE” (title) OF THE PROGRAMME”
Then he repeats “COPE TE” as if it had a lewd meaning.
“OPENING TITLES, AND WELCOME”, laughing like mad and giving everything exaggerated emphasis.
Chela groans and says “Oh, this is so embarrassing, boludo!!! Go on, go on!”.
Then Gastón can hardly speak for laughing and says: “Now listen to this because it´s really something!!: “Hello my beautiful people of Tenis Pro!”” and he flings the script into the air as if he was a diva. “How are my “Chelitos?” (howling with laughter). “How are my “Zabaletinhos”?” (he can hardly continue...). “And then it says: “HA, HA, HA”, which means “LAUGH!” (making the sign for “brackets” with his hands).
Chela, suffering, says to him “That´s the way it´s done on TV...”.
But Gastón continues reading: “CHAUUUUUUÚÚÚ” (meaning goodbye), doubling up with laughter. “CHAUUUUUUÚÚÚ! I just can´t believe there can be people as idiotic as you two”.

At the beginning of the programme the two guys said they were being taken off the air! This would be really bad news! There´s nothing like it to be seen, and even though I sometimes complain because it´s so childish, we would all really miss it. Their e-mail is tenispro@foxsportsla.com. We could try writing to them to offer our support.

In these programmes one sees a side of Gastón that you who just see his matches never get a glimpse of, unfortunately. He has this tremendous capacity for enjoyment, he´s a glutton for fun. He laughs like crazy, full of vitality and energy. All I can compare it with, of his public figure, is when he won RG, throwing his racquet in the air and running around the court high-fiving everybody!

Of course there´s his other side too. Zabaleta in a Q&A session chose as his favourite book “El Alquimista” (The Alchemist, a very good book that occurs in the Middle Ages, quite a literary event here), and he said the Gato gave it to him. I remember in an interview after RG Zabaleta said Gastón used to recommend him books to read.

Adri, I´m not going to describe the rest of the programme. It´s all yours...
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2005, 09:07 PM   #92
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Wow Vale, how I envy you and all those who can witness that! It seems to be so much fun each time. And this one doesn't miss the point it seems...Now, I just can't wait for Adri's review!
Do you think we could suggest having the show on dvds on the site you've given. If so, it must be written in Spanish I suppose...
Old 04-09-2005, 09:25 PM   #93
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the review, Vale

I really want to write an e-mail to them as well, my only problem is that I cannot speak Spanish good enough To take Choupis question: Do you think it would make sense to write in english as well?

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #94
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, if you wanna see Gastón's pink shirt I've uploaded a pic in the other forum
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:53 PM   #95
country flag Adri

Adri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond reputeAdri has a reputation beyond repute

!!!

There was also the part of the boat, Gastón was driving it and Mariano was skiing but on some sort of lifesaver... Gastón made a move and Mariano fell, and whoever was filming remarked: "here he is, happy about the falling of his partner"

And the q&a thing, I don't remember all the questions but for example they were asking each other: "which has been the longest match on court and outside the court?" and Chela said something like "15 outside the court" and then they showed his girlfriend with a face like: and below a caption saying "girlfriend in love"

I was thinking on writing to them too, I could tell them they're watched (in some way) in many more countries and that they should release the DVDs

Jazz - thanks for the screencaps once again! !

| Barcelona 2002 | Mallorca 2002 |
| ROLAND GARROS 2004 |
| Viña del Mar 2005 | Buenos Aires 2005 |
| Estoril 2005 | GSTAAD 2005 |

Venezuela

My LJ --- My Space
Adri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 08:28 PM   #96
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri
I was thinking on writing to them too, I could tell them they're watched (in some way) in many more countries and that they should release the DVDs
Oh yes Adri, if you could write them that we're desperatly looking to be able to see that show! That would be great...
Old 04-11-2005, 12:01 AM   #97
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Vale, thanks for your translation! These guys crack me up, they are SO hilarious and I wish I could see these shows! They are all obviously such close friends that they feel completely comfortable being silly with each other!

I w love to see Gaston say: “Hello, my beautiful people of Tenis Pro!”

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:05 AM   #98
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and one of the funniest part is when Mariano asked Juan, who was the player with the ugliest girlfriend, and he said: Federer! He's right!
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:15 AM   #99
country flag basil333

basil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommarsverige
Thanks for the review, Vale

I really want to write an e-mail to them as well, my only problem is that I cannot speak Spanish good enough To take Choupis question: Do you think it would make sense to write in english as well?
Hi

If you write the email in english and it actually gets read by Mariano, then there is no problem, his reading English is perfect... - send the email...

OR... write the email in English and give it to him direct at a tournament... that could work....
basil333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:32 AM   #100
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think the email goes to the Zabaleta/Chela or to the TV channel???
For Fox Sports I think it should be in Spanish (I humbly offer my services to any inspired writer to translate it ). But the main point to get across is that there are hordes of anxious fans of many players eager to see these programmes: DVDs of past shows, and Tenis Pro to continue!
Old 04-11-2005, 12:33 AM   #101
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil333
Hi

If you write the email in english and it actually gets read by Mariano, then there is no problem, his reading English is perfect... - send the email...

OR... write the email in English and give it to him direct at a tournament... that could work....
Wonderful...thanks, basil.
Old 04-11-2005, 12:39 AM   #102
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
Oh, and one of the funniest part is when Mariano asked Juan, who was the player with the ugliest girlfriend, and he said: Federer! He's right!

y en espanol? mas fea o mas gorda??

Más vale maña que fuerza -- proverbio español
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:40 AM   #103
country flag basil333

basil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond reputebasil333 has a reputation beyond repute

Serious post

I am going to Barcelona on 17th (and meeting Sommarsverge ) I am in process of preparing a Fan-pack for Mariano - if anyone wants to include any questions for him regarding his show - and the request for DVD - I will gladly add these to my parcel (plus any other things you may wish to send).

This will go directly from my hand to Gaston's Beautiful Person

Without being too "big-headed" I know he reads the packs I give him. His understanding of the English language is perfect - and his written English is beautifully unique...

I have already passed on Tenis Pro messages regarding David Nalbandian from the David fans ... (too scared to say in shower...) - response... (laughing) I will see what I can do...

My email address is louise@sportfiles.com

I am only posting this post to be helpful.... not to be bigheaded - I hope this comes over the right way....

best wishes (and thanks for ALL the translations and show reviews...)

Louise
www.sportfiles.com/zabaleta (unofficial but very very much known about by subject).
basil333 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #104
country flag Vale

They asked "Quien es el jugador mas bagayero?" meaning: "Who is the player who goes in for the ugliest girls?"
Old 04-11-2005, 12:44 AM   #105
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil333
Serious post

I am going to Barcelona on 17th (and meeting Sommarsverge ) I am in process of preparing a Fan-pack for Mariano - if anyone wants to include any questions for him regarding his show - and the request for DVD - I will gladly add these to my parcel (plus any other things you may wish to send).

This will go directly from my hand to Gaston's Beautiful Person

Without being too "big-headed" I know he reads the packs I give him. His understanding of the English language is perfect - and his written English is beautifully unique...

I have already passed on Tenis Pro messages regarding David Nalbandian from the David fans ... (too scared to say in shower...) - response... (laughing) I will see what I can do...

My email address is louise@sportfiles.com

I am only posting this post to be helpful.... not to be bigheaded - I hope this comes over the right way....

best wishes (and thanks for ALL the translations and show reviews...)

Louise
www.sportfiles.com/zabaleta (unofficial but very very much known about by subject).
Thanks much, Louise.