I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 11-24-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
country flag ketibeti
Registered User
 
ketibeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 126
ketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond repute
Default I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer

let's put all the questions and answers about gaston in this thread!

Last edited by Action Jackson : 11-25-2005 at 03:58 AM.
ketibeti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-24-2005, 04:03 PM   #2
country flag ketibeti
Registered User
 
ketibeti's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 126
ketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond reputeketibeti has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

to begin with: in that damn match againts federrer the comentator mentioned his big emotional stress years ago. could someone please explain what kind of emotional stress was he talking about?
thanx
ketibeti is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 04:56 PM   #3
country flag Vale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,333
Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketibeti
to begin with: in that damn match againts federrer the comentator mentioned his big emotional stress years ago. could someone please explain what kind of emotional stress was he talking about?
thanx
Hi, I already told the story here recently, so those of you who remember reading it please bear with me!

In 2003 Gastón was going through a bad patch in his career, he'd won nothing and his ranking had dropped steeply. Now Argentina had to play against the dangerous Spanish team in Málaga, and the captain couldn't get either Nalbandian or Coria to play - in Coria's case it's strongly suspected that he was sure he'd lose and he chickened out pretending an injury. So they decided to call Gaudio, in spite of his poor performances throughout the year, because of his incredible record in Davis Cup: 13 consecutive wins and only 1 loss (his last match, against Russia), saying he was "a real DC player". Well, the outcome was that Gastón choked badly in his two matches against players ranked #1 and #6 in the world. He went off court, apologized to his team-mates and burst into floods of tears!
The president of the Argentine Tennis Association, Morea, said very harsh things about him, and the Captain, Luza, didn't stand up for him either. A real nightmare!
When he returned to Argentina he was derided, victimized and persecuted, he was the laughingstock on non-sports TV programmes and booed by his ex-supporters when he played the BA Open.
The outcome was that he had almost decided to give up professional tennis, seeing as how he hadn't won anything in six months, but Davin and those around him convinced him to give it another try. He started going to a sports psychologist, had a long pre-season getting into top shape, and ended up winning Roland Garros!
This is why his great win is such a triumph of the spirit against tremendous obstacles. He's a symbol of how one shouldn't ever give up trying.
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:37 PM   #4
country flag ReturnWinner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Age: 31
Posts: 6,051
ReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond reputeReturnWinner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

do not post bullshit please coria was injured so was nalbandain
both players got injured in the usopen
they were about two or three months injured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
Hi, I already told the story here recently, so those of you who remember reading it please bear with me!

In 2003 Gastón was going through a bad patch in his career, he'd won nothing and his ranking had dropped steeply. Now Argentina had to play against the dangerous Spanish team in Málaga, and the captain couldn't get either Nalbandian or Coria to play - in Coria's case it's strongly suspected that he was sure he'd lose and he chickened out pretending an injury. So they decided to call Gaudio, in spite of his poor performances throughout the year, because of his incredible record in Davis Cup: 13 consecutive wins and only 1 loss (his last match, against Russia), saying he was "a real DC player". Well, the outcome was that Gastón choked badly in his two matches against players ranked #1 and #6 in the world. He went off court, apologized to his team-mates and burst into floods of tears!
The president of the Argentine Tennis Association, Morea, said very harsh things about him, and the Captain, Luza, didn't stand up for him either. A real nightmare!
When he returned to Argentina he was derided, victimized and persecuted, he was the laughingstock on non-sports TV programmes and booed by his ex-supporters when he played the BA Open.
The outcome was that he had almost decided to give up professional tennis, seeing as how he hadn't won anything in six months, but Davin and those around him convinced him to give it another try. He started going to a sports psychologist, had a long pre-season getting into top shape, and ended up winning Roland Garros!
This is why his great win is such a triumph of the spirit against tremendous obstacles. He's a symbol of how one shouldn't ever give up trying.
ReturnWinner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 06:43 PM   #5
country flag reiko
Registered User
 
reiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,400
reiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond reputereiko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnWinner
do not post bullshit please coria was injured so was nalbandain
both players got injured in the usopen
they were about two or three months injured.
Wht's the matter with you? You sound rather harsh here.
Please, would you mind your tongue?
I'm not very happy seeing someone talking to Vale like that...
Thanks.
reiko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 07:12 PM   #6
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiko
Wht's the matter with you? You sound rather harsh here.
Please, would you mind your tongue?
I'm not very happy seeing someone talking to Vale like that...
Thanks.
I agree with you Reiko..............just because ReturnWinner doesn't agree with Vale's post, - there is no need to be so rude. Yes - it is true that Nalbandan was injured in the US Open and could not play DC - although he would not have been the first choice on clay at that time anyway. He did not play again until Basel about a month after the DC tie we are talking about, and in fact, even there he was not cured from the injury and had to withdraw from the Final and the Paris Masters the week after that. I am not so sure about Coria......in fact I seem to remember him playing quite a lot around that period including Basel and Paris...... but - I am not here to talk about Nalbandian or Coria. Whatever the rights and wrongs of their decisions at the time, - the Press were vitroilic towards Gaston and treated him badly - what Vale is saying is the truth and there is documented proof of that. And anyway, ReturnWinner - even if you don't agree with her - please mind your tongue and your manners. Thanks.
__________________
AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 10:18 PM   #7
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 43
Posts: 36,083
sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnWinner
do not post bullshit please coria was injured so was nalbandain
both players got injured in the usopen
they were about two or three months injured.
Erm, 'scuse me, pal. This forum is not about Nabs and Coria-or even their injuries. It's about Gaudio. If you must be a wise ass, do it elsewhere. Thanks.
__________________
Talk to the hand because the ears don't hear you.
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:17 AM   #8
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,469
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnWinner
do not post bullshit please coria was injured so was nalbandain
both players got injured in the usopen
they were about two or three months injured.
What is your problem here? First of all Vale said it was suspected that Coria faked an injury, there is a huge difference between alleged and whether he was injured or not, irrespective that is not the point of this discussion.

Basically Gaudio took the fall for his bad performances and copped all this shit because of it, pissed on for ages afterwards by plenty of people, but conveniently forgotten about by some cause he happened to win RG.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:19 AM   #9
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 43
Posts: 36,083
sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
What is your problem here? First of all Vale said it was suspected that Coria faked an injury, there is a huge difference between alleged and whether he was injured or not, irrespective that is not the point of this discussion.

Basically Gaudio took the fall for his bad performances and copped all this shit because of it, pissed on for ages afterwards by plenty of people, but conveniently forgotten about by some cause he happened to win RG.
That's what usually happens.
__________________
Talk to the hand because the ears don't hear you.
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:35 AM   #10
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio
 
Action Jackson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 124,469
Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl91
That's what usually happens.
True, most people only care about winners.

ketibeti, I thought you said you were a journalist, if that was the case, then this should have been very familiar to you about Gaston.
__________________
On Nadal bumping him on the changeover, Rosol said: "It's ok, he wanted to take my concentration; I knew he would try something".


Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:09 PM   #11
country flag bluegueber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19
bluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale
in Coria's case it's strongly suspected that he was sure he'd lose and he chickened out pretending an injury.
It is strongly suspected ... by whom? by you? by Gaudio? If you do not have proof and someone asks a question, please avoid giving misleading messages.
bluegueber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:50 PM   #12
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor
 
*Ljubica*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 52,208
*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegueber
It is strongly suspected ... by whom? by you? by Gaudio? If you do not have proof and someone asks a question, please avoid giving misleading messages.
If someone "suspects" something - there need not be any "proof" - suspicions are normally in peoples' minds and discussed in private amongst friends - that is why they are just "suspicions" and not "cast iron" facts. As it happens - I know for a fact that the "suspicions" Vale spoke of were rife in Argentine tennis circles at the time we are speaking of, so she was not giving any misleading messages - just writing what was being said and thought at the time - whether is was true or not. And please remember - just because you happen to think the "misleading messages" were untrue doesn't mean they are - you have your right to an opinion, Vale has hers, I have mine etc. And - no - before you ask - I am not going to talk about how I know the suspicions were rife ...........I do not intend to "reveal my sources" or talk about my private life on MTF - but remember just becase I don't live in Argentina doesn't mean I am ignorant of what is being said there
__________________
AJDE SRBIJA


Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more

Last edited by *Ljubica* : 11-25-2005 at 03:59 PM.
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 05:21 PM   #13
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang
 
sigmagirl91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Big Blue Nation
Age: 43
Posts: 36,083
sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer

Has someone gotten out the retractable claws or something, because someone's a little touchy in here.
__________________
Talk to the hand because the ears don't hear you.
sigmagirl91 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:38 PM   #14
country flag bluegueber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19
bluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond reputebluegueber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]I HAVE A QUESTION,AND I'D APPRECIATE TO HEAR AN ANSWER![/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
If someone "suspects" something - there need not be any "proof" - suspicions are normally in peoples' minds and discussed in private amongst friends - that is why they are just "suspicions" and not "cast iron" facts. As it happens - I know for a fact that the "suspicions" Vale spoke of were rife in Argentine tennis circles at the time we are speaking of, so she was not giving any misleading messages - just writing what was being said and thought at the time - whether is was true or not. And please remember - just because you happen to think the "misleading messages" were untrue doesn't mean they are - you have your right to an opinion, Vale has hers, I have mine etc. And - no - before you ask - I am not going to talk about how I know the suspicions were rife ...........I do not intend to "reveal my sources" or talk about my private life on MTF - but remember just becase I don't live in Argentina doesn't mean I am ignorant of what is being said there
I agree that everyone has his own opinion. Consequently, when you express your point of view, you say I believe that ... or In my opinion,...

If you say "it is suspected" or "It is said" or "My sources (which I will not name) indicate that ...", you are behaving cowardly.
bluegueber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 12:59 AM   #15
country flag Florencia
Registered User
 
Florencia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 75
Florencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond reputeFlorencia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Have a Question and I'd Appreciate to Hear an Answer

Another debate, but this time the topic is ... Coria ??? To be honest, I must admit that this is not one of my favourite subjects.

Bluegueber, you are exaggerating. Vale has kindly answered a question and, in my opinion, she gave an accurate description of facts.

Rumours did actually exist at the time the events took place (you must have heard about them). I mean, you are trying to convey the idea that Vale and Rosie have made them up just to "mislead" other posters, which is totally ridiculous.

If you are trying to explain something to somebody, you should not limit to mention cast-iron facts, but also you can refer to other aspects that contribute to achieve a complete understanding of the situation.

Let's forget this issue and talk about Gaston.
__________________
Big fan of Gastón Gaudio, the best !!!
Florencia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios