What's your pet situation? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2002, 10:57 AM   #1
tazban1

tazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond reputetazban1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's your pet situation?

Me, i have 5 cats and counting. Actually, four of them live with my parents, but I still consider them mine.

We got the first one, Duff, after our dog died when, I think, I was 12. Soon after, we got our second one, Dizzy, because my brother Kevin originally wanted Dizzy but settled on Duff, then later the original owners found Dizzy again (she had a tendency to wander off).

We got the third and fourth ones, Taz and Bandit (that's where I get my sign-in name), from outside when i was about 14. My Dad (who used to always claim to hate cats), feeds the outside cats that wander in and settle on our property. They were born in a litter of four or five, but the whole family got sick. The mother died and then the kittens died.

We started taking care of Taz and Bandit when they were less than a month old. They could eat hard food by then, but they were still used to nursing. I remember, when I fed them milk, instead of lapping it up, they'd slurp it and get milk all over their chins and they still had sort of a bare ring around their mouths from nursing. At first, we'd take them in during the day, and then kick them out because my Dad said that we already had enough cats. But then, one day it was raining really hard and we didn't have the heart to put them outside. Ever since then, they became mainly house cats. They looked hilarious when they were kittens. They had these giant ears, these little heads, and these big baloony stomachs (i spoiled them and fed them evaporated milk. I'm also the one that started giving the cats filtered water). Their ears were almost as big as they are now, but they've grown into them and they don't quite look like little balls anymore.

Now, the fifth one is going to be mine. I had to abruptly move out of my apartment because of roommate troubles so I've been living at home until I can find a place of my own ( want to buy a trailer instead of renting). well, another one of the strays that my Dad's been feeding had 3 kittens. They were all gray tabbys and looked nothing like her (who was Siamese looking). She was a rotten mother. She nursed them when they were really little, but didn't spend any time with them and abandoned them when they were only about 2.5 months old. One was healthy and the other two were sick. One died of sickness pretty early on. That one used to lay around a lot when the other two were playing. It was pretty sad when it died because we were sure that it was turning around and was going to get better (it started moving around more).

The other two lived in the garage. One had a cold and the other one was healthy. The healthy one was fairly tame and would let you pet it if there was food around. The sick one was rather timid and would run away if you got close to it. One day, the healthy one just disappeared. The other one got so lonely, that it actually started going up to us and letting us pet it. Now, she's so hungry for attention that she meows all the time when people don't pet her.

Well, now that it's tame, I've started taking care of it. Every day, I take it in, clean it's eyes and nose, and give it some cold medicine. (Duff was mildly sick and she refused to take the medicine so there's some left over) The first day I took it in, it was so bad that I had to pull apart it's eyelids with my fingers because there was so much gunk gluing its eye together. She really needs a bath, but I don't want to give one to her because it's cold out and my parents don't want another one in the house. I feel terrible making her stay all by herself outside in the cold garage. Anyway, I've named her Sveta and I plan to take her when i find a place to move into.

as for the "and counting", I've always felt that pets would be happier in pairs so they have a playmate for when their human isn't around, so I plan to get a second cat when I move. If it's male, I'll name it either Zoltan or Vakhtung, if it's a female I think I'm going to name it Mekare.

btw, who says cats are too independent and aloof. Every single one of our cats love getting attention all the time and always show affection. Bandit constantly sits in my lap if I'm sitting or on my chest if i'm laying. And if we don't pay attention to them, they force us to pet them (Bandit pushes her head into your hand, Duff just won't leave you alone and meows really loud, Dizzy kneads with her paws, and Taz just makes a lot of noise). In fact, I think the cats get jealous. Each time I've had Sveta in the house, Bandit runs away when i tried to pet her and I had to change into my pyjamas because when she jumped into my lap, she jumped off and ran away when she smelled another cat. The worst problem is with Dizzy. I think for a while, I wasn't paying enough attention to her and spent too much time with the other cats, so she peed on my sweatshirt to, I think, "mark her territory".

Wow, that's a long post. So what are your pet stories?

p.s. the "cat hater" is now the most protective of the cats and spoils them as much as I did. They still get filtered water and always have four different kinds of dry cat food. That, in addition to scraps of meat from the table and a can of wet cat food divided among them as a morning treat - none of them like cat treats for some reason. There's also several cat rugs for them to lay on all over the house. And my Dad is always looking for things to give to the outside cats and he talks to the inside cats affectionately. When we let them out, if they get too close to the street, he gets scared and runs after them, brings them inside, and scolds them.

Last edited by tazban1 : 11-06-2002 at 11:05 AM.
tazban1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2002, 05:44 AM   #2
kazblah

kazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond reputekazblah has a reputation beyond repute

My pets are all dead. I had goldfishes that I've had for four years and now they're all dead
Old 11-07-2002, 04:09 PM   #3
mmm!marat

mmm!marat has a reputation beyond reputemmm!marat has a reputation beyond reputemmm!marat has a reputation beyond reputemmm!marat has a reputation beyond reputemmm!marat has a reputation beyond reputemmm!marat has a reputation beyond reputemmm!marat has a reputation beyond reputemmm!marat has a reputation beyond reputemmm!marat has a reputation beyond reputemmm!marat has a reputation beyond reputemmm!marat has a reputation beyond repute

i had two black cats, but they died
one of cancer and the other one was poisoned..........they were called sooty and ebony...........
mmm!marat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 06:50 PM   #4
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

i once had a black labrador, i called her Ninja, and a black cat named Midnight...

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 02:53 AM   #5
Go Nalby

Go Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond repute

I have a dog, Casey, and a cat, Danbury.

Casey is kind of a "special needs" dog...she has some emotional problems. But she's also a very sweet dog

Danbury we've had for YEARS...in fact, in a couple of months, he'll turn 20! Yes, 20. But he still gets around okay.
Go Nalby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 03:28 AM   #6
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

I have a dog, Nicolas, and three cats, Olin, Dominus, and Mr. Runt.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 04:15 AM   #7
Allie

Allie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond repute

i have 2 doggies......a skye terrier and a samoyed

a persian kitty that loves water for some reason

and a horse *neigh neigh*

"The Vagina is like a car wash, when something goes in, it always comes out clean and smells fresh"
- Allegra
Allie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 05:27 AM   #8
TheGuy

TheGuy

I have a brother, does that count? he's like a big teddy bear lol
TheGuy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 03:52 PM   #9
fcap

fcap has a reputation beyond reputefcap has a reputation beyond reputefcap has a reputation beyond reputefcap has a reputation beyond reputefcap has a reputation beyond reputefcap has a reputation beyond reputefcap has a reputation beyond reputefcap has a reputation beyond reputefcap has a reputation beyond reputefcap has a reputation beyond reputefcap has a reputation beyond repute

I have a dog, Lucy-Rose and shes a boxer.We got her in April of 2000 and we cnat imagine us with out her now even though my dad and sister are allergic to dogs!!
fcap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 04:02 PM   #10
AdriRob

AdriRob has a reputation beyond reputeAdriRob has a reputation beyond reputeAdriRob has a reputation beyond reputeAdriRob has a reputation beyond reputeAdriRob has a reputation beyond reputeAdriRob has a reputation beyond reputeAdriRob has a reputation beyond reputeAdriRob has a reputation beyond reputeAdriRob has a reputation beyond reputeAdriRob has a reputation beyond reputeAdriRob has a reputation beyond repute

me no like pets
Old 11-08-2002, 04:16 PM   #11
country flag ILR

ILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond reputeILR has a reputation beyond repute

I dont have any. my dad wouldnt let us get one.Nasty man! would like a dog

Sami My captain. LFC forever! But John Terry rules!

Best of luck to: Juan Carlos Ferrero, Mark Philippoussis, Carlos Moya and Nico Lapentti. Tommy Haas is finally back! I missed you!
ILR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:40 PM   #12
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

i have 2 dogs, Mikey and Chachie, and 3 cats, Princess, Lolita, and Angel.
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 11:23 PM   #13
Marri

Marri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond repute

my goldfishie Dolce died.... almost a year ago... i got it for my bday (which is nest thursday ) and it dies after one month... i was about to buy a Gabbana.... but it was too late i'm sorry Dolce

Guga Kuerten

I'm still the Queen of the Martians
Marri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 07:41 AM   #14
Go Nalby

Go Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond reputeGo Nalby has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a picture of Casey, asleep on my bed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg casey0001.jpg (49.5 KB, 26 views)
Go Nalby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 05:18 PM   #15
Marri

Marri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond reputeMarri has a reputation beyond repute

awwwwwwwwwwww casey is adorable

Guga Kuerten

I'm still the Queen of the Martians
Marri is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote