the memphis belle er...fish! - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-17-2005, 10:23 PM   #76
country flag aceit

aceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the memphis belle er...fish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rue
It has been tough so far for Mardy and it is sad that he is losing early, but none of us should give up hope in him. It is just like Alicia Molik who out of the blue discovered her game at the age of 24 and broke into top ten. He is only 23 by the way and he knows that he still has got lots of work ahead of him. I'll support you Mardy all the way.
I'm not losing faith. Well, I'm used to these losses by now. And I wouldn't even compare the mens and womens game at this point.
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2005, 10:57 PM   #77
country flag aceit

aceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks rue! I'll check it out after I'm done with my essay.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:03 PM   #78
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rue
You can listen to a part of an interview he did after playing James on Monday night.
I think he is heading in the right direction and taking the right approach, but it will not happen over night. It will take time.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/T...h_memphis1.wma
:retard: This isn't what Mardy talks like... This couldn't be Mardy.... no, this is JMG I think... Mardy and James didn't play in Asia last year

Stupid ATP site

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 01:08 AM   #79
country flag aceit

Yeah, that's not Mardy.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:03 AM   #80
country flag rue

rue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond reputerue has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, it really is JMG. The ATP website made a mistake, though I did think that his voice did not sound like it usually does. Besides the part about the knees and being beaten in Asia, you would think that it was Mardy talking about getting himself fit and faster. I thought it was really odd.

Go Federer, Nadal!!!
rue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 05:42 AM   #81
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

yeah.... darn ATP. Not your fault, theirs

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 02-18-2005, 10:29 AM   #82
country flag Dinkie

Dinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond reputeDinkie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
Huh? Are you seriously insulting James? after all he has been through it's amazing he can WALK let alone play tennis again... speaking of unfair.

And, it's unfair that Mardy has been ingnored and dropped from Davis Cup? I love Mardy, but his game has been in the crapper lately. He hasn't made it out of the second round since the Olympics, that's pretty abysmal. He has to prove himself again before he deserves a lot of attention. I really hope he can do that, but until he does I think he's getting what he deserves. As for the "second tie" - we haven't even won the first tie yet, no one has said anything about the potential second tie.
Debstah, you don't get what I wrote. I am not insulting James, I was joking about him retiring from the game (Dutch humour I guess). And about Mardy, I meant that everyone was talking about Andre joining the team and nobody was mentioning that the consequence would be that Mardy was dropped. His performance has not been ok lately but I only revered to the fact that Mardy seemed to be ignored by PatMac and the media while covering the Davis Cup Andre thingie. And by second tie I mean second match of the first round, not second round. All clear?
Dinkie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 02:40 PM   #83
country flag Deboogle!.

gotcha

Only thing is - Mardy had already been dropped. It was going to be Taylor if not Andre (and since Taylor just lost to Ancic, PMac is probably thanking his lucky stars)

I hate hate hate seeing Mardy having these kinds of problems. But nothing seems to be working. Todd saw him lose in the first round of San Jose which is why he went to Memphis (according to the Memphis paper) to help. That obviously didn't work. It's time for a sports psychologist, IMO.

Old 02-18-2005, 03:49 PM   #84
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisreporters.net/scoop_021705.html
Quote:
Martin No help yet to Mardy
After Mardy Fish lost in the first round of San Jose, his new coach, Todd Martin, headed to Memphis to give him a helping hand. Not many positives happened in the results department as Fish fell 7-5, 6-1 to Robby Ginepri.
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:48 AM   #85
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

Mardy will get there peeps have faithin him he'll do us proud evetually he just needs a lil more time! maybe a lot more but he'll do something!

funning how none of these articles can simply say robby played better damn them!
~~Feli~Daniele~Arnaud~Fernando~Seb~Andy~~
~Taylor~Mike & Bob~Marat~Julien~
and to my girls
~~Sanja~Daniela~Ana~Dinara~~

You're kind of like the blonde chick in the Munsters
http://www.menstennisforums.com/imag...ine=1151095902

Proud to be a Sparette
Éowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:12 PM   #86
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceit
Yeah, that's not Mardy.

Yeah I was going to say...believe me that is not Mardy Fish talking...nor James Blake....
sophia_c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:16 PM   #87
country flag sophia_c

sophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond reputesophia_c has a reputation beyond repute

You know it seems to me that we all expect so much all the time.....the life of a pro tennis player may seem great to us but it isn't....if you are sitting and watching it can be but the daily toll of just existing takes it out of them....and if you are not right there mentally or physically it can result in exactly what Mardy is going through right now. Have a bit of faith in him please....
Old 02-20-2005, 02:38 PM   #88
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute

that is very true
ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:47 PM   #89
country flag sophia_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataptc
that is very true
Thanks...I am not used to people sharing my point of view on this one.....