Player Bashing Rule: No Change Will Be Made At This Time - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #61
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player Bashing Rule: Feedback

Not only posters who seem to be unable to write anything but one-liners filled with insults would be forced to leave - posters who know what they talk about, have a strong opinion on things and express said opinion would leave, either voluntarily or forcably. Take a look at all the people that are complaining about the rule - do you think your definition of ´useless´ posters fits all of them?
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #62
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

i think any definition of useless posters is tantamount to baiting
Tag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #63
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
I really can't see what's to miss about someone who can't even write a sentence or any kind of a short post without insulting someone but you are entitled to your opinion of course.
And as far as I know, from experiences, nicknames isn't really that effective anymore when bashing other players.

With that regards, a well crafted shade can result into a even more heated debate as the others will have to come up with something just as well thought of just to trump the basher

As far as nicknames, I do use them (I love sexy nicknames), and I don't mind not using them because like I said, nicknames can be over repetitive and over used as the effect of it isn't as fume-inducing anymore.

WTA Royalties
Queen Maria Sharapova 1-2-1-1-S-32 | Princess Petra Kvitova 2- 12

Last edited by Mong Mong : 06-03-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Mong Mong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #64
country flag Julián Santiago

Julián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond repute

This rule is terrible and it doesn`t matter if 95% of MTF is against it, they will implement it.

Julián Santiago is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #65
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollicki View Post
Not only posters who seem to be unable to write anything but one-liners filled with insults would be forced to leave - posters who know what they talk about, have a strong opinion on things and express said opinion would leave, either voluntarily or forcably. Take a look at all the people that are complaining about the rule - do you think your definition of ´useless´ posters fits all of them?
Of course not, which is why I am surprised with the general response to this rule. IMO people hate restrictions and that's the main reason for such response. All the 'North Korea' stuff is most probably coming from the fact that something is forbidden, there is censorship and that bothers people.
Well, it is what it is, but I'd like it if people would look beyond the censorship and see that the purpose of it is not to restrict posters to express themselves or whatever but rather to make them do it in a more civilized way. No one can tell me that you can't express yourself without insulting someone. If there are such people here, well then I really pity their real social life.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #66
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

And I say that MTF does not need to fulfill that civilising purpose. And furthermore, that it will harm the forums when people are being censored, as you say. The means are too heavy and the ends are uncertain. So, I´ll go even further: despite it being excessive in my taste, I will don the North Korea flag myself. Because I prefer a volatile forum over a neutered one.

And one more thing: if the response of so many people surprises you, perhaps you should delve deeper in what motivates them. Surely, we can´t all be this deluded? Or can we?
Old 06-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #67
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And I say that MTF does not need to fulfill that civilising purpose. And furthermore, that it will harm the forums when people are being censored, as you say. The means are too heavy and the ends are uncertain. So, I´ll go even further: despite it being excessive in my taste, I will don the North Korea flag myself. Because I prefer a volatile forum over a neutered one.

And one more thing: if the response of so many people surprises you, perhaps you should delve deeper in what motivates them. Surely, we can´t all be this deluded? Or can we?
Mate, where did I say you guys were deluded? I said I believe some, if not most people are just pissed off by being censored, or having something forbidden rather than being mad about not being able to insult players anymore as more than a few of your 'comrades' are not really the type that insults anyone anyway.
That's just my opinion, no need to get tetchy about it.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #68
country flag Trollicki

Fair enough. I - and my ´comrades´ with me - dispute the way said rule´s application will come about. I do not think we are going to agree on this though, so let us leave things at that.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #69
♤23♤

Quote:
Fair enough. I - and my ´comrades´ with me - dispute the way said rule´s application will come about. I do not think we are going to agree on this though, so let us leave things at that.
No problem there, we agreed to disagree on Heineken already, so why not this too?

Old 06-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #70
country flag Trollicki

Belive it or not, I actually feel stronger on the Heineken issue
Old 06-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #71
country flag viva-rafa

viva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond reputeviva-rafa has a reputation beyond repute

I support this rule fully. Hopefully, we'll see some civilized conversations in GM. Surely, it's possible to express your dislike/hatred of a player without name-calling (if that's what worries the most of you). I don't see how it's limiting the freedom of expression/speech.
viva-rafa is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-03-2013, 10:16 PM   #72
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

users are what make the forum be what it is actually

i cant agree with this censorship rule because it goes too far, in my opinion(i think some trolling must be stopped out there, though)

but i think a rule which has more than 90% of the people against it, should be stopped as soon as possible. because as i said, users make MTF, not 10 or 12 mods

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-04-2013, 12:48 AM   #73
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Whoever had the idea of splitting the GM make-up into a 'normal discussion forum' and a 'banter forum section' had it spot on. Keep the former extremely civil and insightful, with analysis, and the latter for the banter, the nicknames, the tard wars and the roastings. I'd visit both myself. That's an ideal solution.
This is the best solution. I've seen a board infested by asshole trolls before, but they were pretty much limited to one area so the board as a whole remained enjoyable. The market will decide which subforum is more popular, the job of the moderators will be much easier and fewer decent posters who like to use this kind of language will feel the need to leave.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #74
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

Why is everyone so bloody sensitive these days, nobody can speak without some over sensitive wimp taking offence and claiming mental trauma.

I am all against insulting players but suggestions like that

Quote:
"b) Player nicknames that are derogatory toward the player, used to ridicule a player or to get under the skin of a player's fanbase. (ex. Nadull, Federina, Mugray, Gruntollers, Fakerovic, Noserer, Vulture, etc.)
are just ridiculous. Why so serious? Why not poking some mild fun on players and posters alike?

All those rules that are being enforced lately just come to show mods' inability to handle the forum and provide proper moderation without being too intrusive. This is a sport site, sport is all about adrenalin, emotions and entertainment. Fans get heated up, start fighting in results threads, some arguments are exchanged, names are called etc. So what? It happens, human nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
There is some plausible ground on which to ban statements like "Player x is a piece of shit", but to ban nicknames like noserer, nadull, fakervic, mugray is going a bit too far.

Have to make a distinction between malicious bashing and humourous banter.
I support this opinion. And I am against mods banning left and right just because they are unable to deal with some of this board users.

Last edited by Aenea : 06-04-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Aenea is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #75
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly this is not well supported.

Moderators will again discuss based off of the new feedback. Thank you for the feedback, especially to those who were polite enough to keep it in this discussion thread and did not make it about themselves.
Closed Thread