Player Bashing Rule: No Change Will Be Made At This Time - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #16
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Player Bashing Rule: Feedback

Banning posters Like Lenders the way you did, was horrificaly bad! This new rule is TERRIBLE! You are killing the forum. Stop with this nonsense b4 is too late.

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 03:22 AM   #17
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
Banning posters Like Lenders the way you did, was horrificaly bad! This new rule is TERRIBLE! You are killing the forum. Stop with this nonsense b4 is too late.
The banning of Mark Lenders has nothing to do with this thread.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:26 AM   #18
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
The banning of Mark Lenders has nothing to do with this thread.
Hmm, it seems that the compromise further created a divide between the members and the authority. I really do agree with the administration's newly implemented rule - as it really shows that administrators are stepping up to their designated tasks, but I also understand where the members are coming from.

May I give a thoughtful proposal though email?

WTA Royalties
Queen Maria Sharapova 1-2-1-1-S-32 | Princess Petra Kvitova 2- 12
Mong Mong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-03-2013, 03:26 AM   #19
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abel-o-matic View Post
Hmm, it seems that the compromise further created a divide between the members and the authority. I really do agree with the administration's newly implemented rule, but I also understand where the members are coming from.

May I give a thoughtful proposal though email?
Sure.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:26 AM   #20
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Interesting point.

Feedback like this will be seriously considered.

Sidenote: Feedback like 'This is a dumb rule, I want to continue bashing players' will not really be considered.
Stop pretending you care about what we have to say. Many of us did a lot of valid points against this new rule, in the feedback thread and we all know what that mean... You did not had the balls to open a poll like I asked. I wanted to continue my arguing, but I am afraid it will be considered as moderating bashing. If this stalking campaing keeps on rolling, I give 2 months to the forum. This was a great forum, it's really a shame, but I guess there are more around. And I hope you realize that MTF community is together in other places, so many of us can decide to do some action together, as (again) a community that we are.

Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fútbol Club Barcelona, Newcastle United Football Club, FK Vilniaus Žalgiris
Old 06-03-2013, 03:29 AM   #21
Snowwy

Quote:
Stop pretending you care about what we have to say. Many of us did a lot of valid points against this new rule, in the feedback thread and we all know what that mean... You did not had the balls to open a poll like I asked. I wanted to continue my arguing, but I am afraid it will be considered as moderating bashing. If this stalking campaing keeps on rolling, I give 2 months to the forum. This was a great forum, it's really a shame, but I guess there are more around. And I hope you realize that MTF community is together in other places, so many of us can decide to do some action together, as (again) a community that we are.
Every rule change is from the user suggestions.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:37 AM   #22
country flag Sauletekis

Quote:
Every rule change is from the user suggestions.
A small minority suggests a change of rule, the majority stands up AGAINST it. Mods decide to approve that change of the new important rule, which about ( I will be nice here) 70% posters of the forum are against. Way to go . (can I use Irony or this means I will be banned?)

Old 06-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #23
Snowwy

Quote:
A small minority suggests a change of rule, the majority stands up AGAINST it. Mods decide to approve that change of the new important rule, which about ( I will be nice here) 70% posters of the forum are against. Way to go . (can I use Irony or this means I will be banned?)
Check your reputation.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:54 AM   #24
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute

My proposal is almost done. Sorry for making it too formal.

By the way, have my request for a name change been taken into consideration yet? I apologize for asking.

Edit: It is sent.

WTA Royalties

Last edited by Mong Mong : 06-03-2013 at 04:17 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:22 AM   #25
country flag moon language

moon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond repute

This is a good rule. My only concern is that not everyone will be aware of it. Maybe send out a blanket message to all users informing them of this change? Either that or have a grace period of a month or so with warnings informing offenders of the rule. My apologies if all this has already been suggested and I missed it.
moon language is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #26
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

What about if people in chat threads are engaging in casual banter with their mates and referring to their favourite players by so called "negative" nicknames? Will you enforce the rule then?

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #27
country flag Mong Mong

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon language View Post
This is a good rule. My only concern is that not everyone will be aware of it. Maybe send out a blanket message to all users informing them of this change? Either that or have a grace period of a month or so with warnings informing offenders of the rule. My apologies if all this has already been suggested and I missed it.
I believe that the jurisdiction is still an ongoing process, but it seems like it is going this path.

WTA Royalties
Old 06-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #28
country flag Mong Mong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
What about if people in chat threads are engaging in casual banter with their mates and referring to their favourite players by so called "negative" nicknames? Will you enforce the rule then?
This is actually supposed to be a part of my proposal to Snowwy, but it's 12:30AM, so I forgot to include it.

Yeah, I think it is a viable proposal to also isolate the usage of a player's nickname into their respective Chat Threads, regardless of connotation.

Nadull/NIDall/Dulltards isolated in Rafa's Chat Thread.

Nose(rer)/Old(erer)/FedEx isolated in Roger's Chat Thread.

WTA Royalties

Last edited by Mong Mong : 06-03-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:34 AM   #29
country flag Ivelina_P

Ivelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond repute

This will strip away at least 20% of this forum's appeal and charm so to say.Since I joined rules that are tried to get enforced would chnge the forum completely and many would stop visiting.Face it.

Washington = unofficial 5th Slam
http://ivelinacp.tumblr.com/image/55430905367
Mark Lenders = Gospel of Objective Unbiased Analysis
Topspindoctor = Pillar of MTF
Abel = GOAT
Ivelina_P is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-03-2013, 04:36 AM   #30
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon language View Post
My understanding is only warning will be issued before June 10 instead of temporary ban for offenders.
Lee is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread