Guga in Challenge Brazil VS Argentina - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-04-2002, 08:15 PM   #1
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Guga in Challenge Brazil VS Argentina

Meligeni opens Challenge against Gaudio in this terça
04/11/2002 to 16h27
São Paulo (SP) - Twirled double, worthy of a match Grand Slam. Thus Challenge Brazil x Argentina starts in this tuesday the Spectacular Tennis -, in the Gymnasium of the Ibirapuera, São Paulo. Fernando Meligeni, number 75 of the world, opens the event to 19h, facing Gastón Gaudio, number 22. To follow, for return of 20h30, Gustavo Kuerten , 37° of the world, make its first match against David Nalbandian, 12° and vice-champion of Wimbledon this year. The two departures have transmission to the living creature for the Sportv and Canal 21 shows, also to the living creature, the game of the Guga.

"we are prepared for a spectacle, as it says the name of the event", it informed Meligeni. "Without a doubt, they will be left very disputed. The Argentines come of an excellent season, mainly the Nalbandian, that was runner-up in Wimbledon. But we play in house, with twisted all the our favor. We want to make the Ibirapuera to tremble ", added Fininho.

In retrospecto in official games, Meligeni and Gaudio are tied up to in 1 the 1. The last time that if had faced was in 2000, in Rome, with victory of the Argentine. Already Guga and Nalbandian had never played in the circuit. But in the Challenge, this will be as the confrontation between the two. In Rio De Janeiro, the Brazilian beat to the Argentine adversary for 2 sets the 0, partial ones of 7/6 and 6/4.

The Brazilian team, still without Guga, trains in the afternoon of this monday, the Ibirapuera. The Argentine delegation already is in São Paulo and, in the end of the afternoon, it makes the recognition of squares, in the gymnasium.
Already complete, the Brazilian team - with Gustavo Kuerten, Fernando Meligeni, Andres Sá and captain Jaime Oncins - participates of a press conference, in this terça, to 11h, in the Unique Hotel (av. Brig. Luiz Antonio, 4.700), that also he will count on the presence of the team of Argentina, formed for Nalbandian, Gaudio, Luis Wolf and captain Ricardo Rivera.

The Challenge Brazil x Argentina continues in the Wednesday. The programming starts to 18h, with an game-exhibition between youthful the Bruno Rosa and Andres Miele. From 19h, they play Guga/Sá x Lobo/Nalbandian.

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2002, 01:31 AM   #2
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute

GO BRAZIL!!

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.
Dissident is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 08:52 AM   #3
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond repute

Go Brazil !!!
Wojtek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 08:36 PM   #4
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute

Meligeni and Gaudio are playing now.

Nice flag, Wojtek!

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:40 PM   #5
country flag Dissident

Fino just won the first set 6-3 over Gaudio.

Guga plays Nalbandian next.

TWENTY!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:30 PM   #6
country flag Dissident

Second set tiebreak.

Gaudio had a break, but Fino got it back.

TWENTY!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:30 PM   #7
country flag Dissident

Meligeni leads the breaker 4-1 and serves

TWENTY!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:33 PM   #8
BrasilianAtHeart

BrasilianAtHeart

GOOD LUCK BRASIL!!

Love,
Liz

"Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides, gravity, we shall harness for good the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, humanity will have discovered fire."

GUGA
FERNANDO
ANDRE
FLAVIO

BrasilianAtHeart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:34 PM   #9
country flag Dissident

Fernando just beat Gaudio 6-3 7-6(1)
Guga next!

TWENTY!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:37 PM   #10
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

GO BRASIL GO

GO GUGA GO

Hope Guga is not too tired from his trip!
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:42 PM   #11
country flag Dissident

Meligeni´s interview was great. He is so funny!

Guga is NEVER tired when he plays in Brazil. The energy he gets is enormous.

TWENTY!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:50 PM   #12
country flag Dissident

Guga is in the court.

Theres a live scoreboard if someone is interested.
go to www.guga.com.br
then click on
DIRETO DA ARENA
Acompanhe o jogo de Guga contra Nalbandian hoje...

Its on your right. Enjoy

TWENTY!
Old 11-05-2002, 10:03 PM   #13
country flag Dissident

Guga broke already with an outstanding backhand winner down the line. Guga-style.

He is laughing, and joking. Very good atmosphere overall.

TWENTY!
Old 11-05-2002, 10:06 PM   #14
country flag Dissident

Gee! Guga is punishing the ball!
I guess Ive never seen him hitting so hard!

3-0. David is stunned.

TWENTY!
Old 11-05-2002, 10:11 PM   #15
country flag Dissident

David holds and breaks Guga. 2-3 and serves.

TWENTY!