It's nice to have you Carsten. - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-16-2009, 12:36 AM   #106
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's nice to have you Carsten.

My mistake. That challenger is on during the first week of the FO which means Kim won't play. The most disappointing thing is that Carsten could have entered FO Qualies and in his current form he would have had a good hope of qualifying but instead he didn't enter.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2009, 06:45 AM   #107
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

He didn't enter FO Qualies? Don't know what he's thinking.

Carsten has jumped 13 places to find himself inside the top 200 once again after an impressive run to the final of a 50k challenger this week.
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:15 AM   #108
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

After a shock first round loss last wek Carsten has defeated Pavlovs in the first round at Yuba City. If he plays well at this tournament he could go very far. Plays the South African qualifier Wolmarans next and then is drawn to meet Young who was trounced by Lindahl recently or Cook. If as expected he gets through there in the semis he will have a winnable match as the two seeds are gone from the other quarter. The only threats would be Felder who beat him last week and Yani who has been in alright form and I think is defending champion.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)

Last edited by jmf07 : 06-04-2009 at 01:21 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-05-2009, 06:03 AM   #109
country flag jmf07

Carsten is into the semis after he defeated Wolmarans in the second round and the his QF opponent withdrew. Now he will probably face Yani who should beat Nunez. Yani looks to be in ominous form and it wont be easy for Carsten if he has to face him.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:18 AM   #110
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Yani has been in excellent form lately, and it would be an upset if Carsten won. Good luck to him though - I would love to see him make the final here.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #111
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmf07 View Post
Carsten is into the semis after he defeated Wolmarans in the second round and the his QF opponent withdrew. Now he will probably face Yani who should beat Nunez. Yani looks to be in ominous form and it wont be easy for Carsten if he has to face him.
Carsten better hope he beats who ever it is he faces in the semis because he has to make the final here to gain 45 points so he can defend the 48 points he gained in this tournament last year otherwise he risks falling out of the top 200 again. If Carsten continues to match his peroformances each week this year that he did last year (points wise) then he will easily make the top 150 by the end of the year as most other players in that region wont be able to defend all the points they gained from 2008.

I'm just hoping Carsten breaks his drought here and finally wins a challenger event, must be killing him now.

oh and by the way Cartsen is not playing Wimbledon qualifying instead opting to play American future events for the next couple of weeks. Unless he wins these future tournaments in American its really disappointing that he is not in Europe playing an ATP qualifying event or even a European challenger, I hope Carsten grows a sack next year and plays the full tour instead of just the American challengers/futures.

Last edited by Matchu : 06-05-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #112
country flag Audacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
Carsten better hope he beats who ever it is he faces in the semis because he has to make the final here to gain 45 points so he can defend the 48 points he gained in this tournament last year otherwise he risks falling out of the top 200 again. If Carsten continues to match his peroformances each week this year that he did last year (points wise) then he will easily make the top 150 by the end of the year as most other players in that region wont be able to defend all the points they gained from 2008.
Top 150 is a very exciting prospect. Carsten does need to win these futures events however, otherwise it would be a huge wasted opportunity.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #113
country flag jmf07

I honestly cannot understand what is so attractive about staying in America. If he went overseas he could play at some of the greatest tennis venues such as Roland Garros and Wimbledon and have half a chance of making it into the main draw whilst also getting to see some famous places. Would be much better than constantly travelling around America. I think Fitzy should tell him his DC spot will be jeopardized unless he starts going to these qualies. May be tough but something or someone needs to do something to make him start playing elsewhere because of he keeps this up it will prove detrimental to his career.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #114
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I honestly cannot understand what is so attractive about staying in America. If he went overseas he could play at some of the greatest tennis venues such as Roland Garros and Wimbledon and have half a chance of making it into the main draw whilst also getting to see some famous places. Would be much better than constantly travelling around America. I think Fitzy should tell him his DC spot will be jeopardized unless he starts going to these qualies. May be tough but something or someone needs to do something to make him start playing elsewhere because of he keeps this up it will prove detrimental to his career.
The issue of playing in the greatest tennis venues and seeing countries would not appeal to Carsten very much I would because as a successful junior player (top 10) he played all the Grand Slams and has probably already done the tours of the countries so thats not an issue. He actually travels everywhere with his dad (Syd, former pro) and I would say his dad is telling him to stay in the US and the fact that he has lived in America his whole life would have something to do with it (he is an American citizen after all).

Tennis Australia would definetly be telling him that he should try to qualify for the Grand Slams but I think anyone would listen to their parents over an oganisation espically when your father has done it himself. If you look at Carstens results in the US so far they have been encouraging and I think he really wants to be in the top 120 before he commits to playing in Europe.

Just as an off subject does anyone know anything about Carstens mum or mom? is she Australian or American? I'm going to guess American but I haven't heard anything what so ever about her.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #115
country flag Matchu

Carsten has made into another final with a straight sets victory over Yani 6-1 7-5. He will face Ryler De Heart. I really want him to win this title to give himself some confidence. Hes also made the final of the doubles event where he will play two other aussies in the final, Nathan Healey and Adam Feeney.

What ever happens Carsten shouldnt have to worry about ranking points again until next month. He better take out these next couple of American futures.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:03 AM   #116
country flag jmf07

A brilliant win. Hopefully he can finally take out a challenger final. Will probably be his best chance yet. Good to see him in the doubles final against two other aussies and it is particularly good to see Healey playing decent even if his singles performance wasn’t that great.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:27 AM   #117
country flag Audacity

Ball lost to Alejandro Gonzalez, a ranked 516 qualifier at a $15k futures event in the 1st round...
Old 06-13-2009, 01:42 AM   #118
country flag jmf07

he should give up on these futures. He would be better off training at home in between the challengers.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:18 AM   #119
country flag Matchu

Quote:
he should give up on these futures. He would be better off training at home in between the challengers.
Problem is home (California) is where these future tournaments are being held, it would be pretty dumb to not play them considering all factors even if he doesn't win that many matches. Anyway good news this week Carsten has made the final of the future tournament and has a unranked opponent in the final which he should (I use that term loosely) win.

This coming week he is playing in another future in Cali and then its back to challengers and I hope he never plays a future tournament again after this week. In terms of ranking points if he can win this future and then the next future and make a semifinal in one of the challengers in July he shouldn't have to worry too much about ranking points for a while.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:03 AM   #120
country flag Audacity

He's versing number 2 seed, good luck!