It's nice to have you Carsten. - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2010, 02:45 AM   #226
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

Hewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's nice to have you Carsten.

He is playing in Delray Beach qualies, first round against a player that he has a 3-4 record against, they played 4 times last year, Ball won the first then DeHeart won the rest. Last time they played Ball won the first then lost the next to pretty convincingly.

Other then Riley he has an alright draw so good luck.
Hewitt2010 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2010, 12:41 PM   #227
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

Carsten Ball will lose to Ryler DeHeart first round of qualies in Del Ray. This in effect will cost him a singles place in the Davis Cup team.

Carsten will also make the quarters of the doubles in Del Ray if he bothers to sign up.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #228
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

A loss here should and will not cost him a singles place in the team. Him and Tomic should have a playoff match right before the tie and a decision to award a singles spot to Tomic without this would be idiotic. Ball's form historically has fluctuated wildly from week to week. Tomic will be going into the Davis Cup with such little match practice will raise doubts over his ability to go five sets. Plus if Tomic turns up with the pushing game he had at the AO he will be easy pickings and a perfect matchup for Lu who will dominate Tomic in the rallies. It will just be like the Dolgopolov Match in Brisbane for Tomic. And currently IMO a switched on Ball is better than Tomic.

And this tie is not a given win for Australia without Hewitt and should not be seen as an easy opportunity to blood Tomic. Lu is more than capable of winning both matches and Tsung Hua Yang is a 2008 French Open Juniors winner who has been steadily maiing inroads on the senior tour and has been playing some good tennis this year. Qualified for Chennai (Kindlmann, Ghedin, Brown) then went to Auckland and beat Jan Minar then lost a three setter to Evans which would have qualified him for another ATP tournament. After that he went to Honolulu and defeated Krajinovic and King Turner in straights and then beat Levine in the main draw before flopping at Burnie.

As for Carsten's draw it is hard to predict. There is fair bit of talent in his qualifying section. Harrison, Bhambri and Young. Then Deheart is pretty handy. Gregorc has had some impressive performances against good opposition in the past. Hopefully Carsten can do it.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
jmf07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #229
country flag jmf07

jmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond reputejmf07 has a reputation beyond repute

Beat Deheart 7-5 6-3. Next opponent looks like it might be Harrison at the moment.
Baker (USA) - Bedene (SLO) - Bellucci (BRA) - Berta (SWE) - Cuevas (URU) - Domijan (USA) - Ebden (AUS) - Estrella (DOM) - Grigelis (LTU) - Guccione (AUS) - Heliovaara (FIN) - Kavcic (SLO) - King (BAH) - Kontinen (FIN) - Kubler (AUS) - Lajovic (SRB) - Matosevic (AUS) - McGee (IRE) - Millman (AUS) - Mitchell (AUS) - Nielsen (DEN) - Nieminen (FIN) - Paire (FRA) - Udomchoke (THA)
Old 02-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #230
country flag Hewitt2010
Banned!

Hewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt2010 has a reputation beyond repute

What are use talking about there is 4 places in the Davis Cup team, the players that should get in are Luczak, Ball, Tomic and that is the position we should be talking about. Ball is clearly our second best player now that Hewitt is out so he is straight in.

Tomic should be in too, because he played some really tough back to back matches at Burnie, plus he beat Lindahl who is one of a couple of players fighting for that last spot, also do people think Guccione will play im not sure if he will can someone please tell me the answer of that one. What about if he brought in a doubles player like Huss, Hanley or Kerr why not, maybe Huss would be the better one cause he played with Ball at the Australian Open, San Jose and Memphis.

But good luck Carsten with his match against Harrison, that will be a great match for both players, so good luck.
Hewitt2010 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:54 AM   #231
country flag jmf07

Don't be surprised to see Tomic playing singles and not Ball. IMO you can't justify a selection like that but there seems to be talk about it.

The fourth spot will be interesting. I suppose it comes down to Guccione's recovery and if Gooch can't make it then a question of whether or not they want to go with the experience and higher ranked Hanley or Huss who like you say has been playing with Ball. I don't think anyone else. They don't need another singles player and I don't think Kerr would be selected over Hanley for doubles.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:30 AM   #232
country flag ace ventura

ace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond reputeace ventura has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt2010 View Post
What are use talking about there is 4 places in the Davis Cup team, the players that should get in are Luczak, Ball, Tomic and that is the position we should be talking about. Ball is clearly our second best player now that Hewitt is out so he is straight in.

Tomic should be in too, because he played some really tough back to back matches at Burnie, plus he beat Lindahl who is one of a couple of players fighting for that last spot, also do people think Guccione will play im not sure if he will can someone please tell me the answer of that one. What about if he brought in a doubles player like Huss, Hanley or Kerr why not, maybe Huss would be the better one cause he played with Ball at the Australian Open, San Jose and Memphis.

But good luck Carsten with his match against Harrison, that will be a great match for both players, so good luck.
Lindahl also beat Tomic, and under the pressure of gaining Aus Open w/c , so it is one all head to head.
I think Luczac , Ball or Lindahl should get singles , yes they have to look at Tomic , however
it is also important to pick a team that will get along , that is hugely important in team events.
If there has been problems between Tomic and Luczac as reported in papers, that cant help.

The doubles should be selected very carefully and is the most important selection , after all it could well be what it all comes down to in the end.
ace ventura is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #233
country flag Tenys4r

Tenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace ventura View Post
it is also important to pick a team that will get along , that is hugely important in team events.
If there has been problems between Tomic and Luczac as reported in papers, that cant help.

The doubles should be selected very carefully and is the most important selection , after all it could well be what it all comes down to in the end.
So true. If Tomic is not popular within the team could be a disaster.

Also about the dubs - it amazes me that they don't cultivate a couple of great doubles combinations - we have a few good ones coming through the ranks - as you say it often is pivotal for Davis Cup.
Tenys4r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:07 AM   #234
country flag jmf07

Unfortunately Carsten lost a three setter.

Worth noting that Tsung Hua Yang defeated Kevin Kim 64 64. Another good win for him ahead of the DC Tie.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:11 PM   #235
country flag Tenys4r

Tenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond reputeTenys4r has a reputation beyond repute

Lindahl has to play Yang next as well. Should do ok one would think as Matt Reid defeated Yang in straight sets in Burnie.
Tenys4r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #236
country flag tennis2018

tennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond reputetennis2018 has a reputation beyond repute

Carsten was fun 2 watch in Delray where the Florida sun was shining on a large group of Aussies...hope he & the rest come back next year...great stuff!!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1235.JPG (160.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1236.JPG (139.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1237.JPG (97.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1240.JPG (164.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1326.JPG (176.9 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg ball.JPG (198.8 KB, 1 views)
tennis2018 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #237
country flag Audacity

Audacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond reputeAudacity has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pics
Audacity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #238
country flag Matchu

Matchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond reputeMatchu has a reputation beyond repute

I would be pretty angry if I were Carsten, not being selected to play singles against Taiwan this weekend. To be fair though Carsten's singles results are very inconsistant. One week he will make the final of an ATP tournament and then another week he will lose first round of a challenger.

A lot of factors were playing in Bernard favour for this match, the last match Bernard played he won, he plays well on Margaret Court and he has a very good winning record against Yang. All things considered it was probably always going to be Bernard playing number two in this tie.

For Carsten there is good news though, he will play the doubles with Hanley which they should win and would most likely have Australia go up 3-0 and see Carsten play a singles match on Sunday which again he would most likely win. So Carsten should keep his undefeated Davis Cup record alive which is good.
Matchu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 AM   #239
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Carsten's qualifying draw for IW:

(8) BALL, Carsten AUS v MILLOT, Vincent FRA
(WC) SPADEA, Vincent USA v (13) ALVES, Thiago BRA

Good chance to make main draw here.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #240
country flag jmf07

Inconsistency hurting him again