Fill-In-The-Draw (FITD) Roland Garros| No more picks! - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-03-2013, 02:18 PM   #136
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fill-In-The-Draw (FITD) Roland Garros| No more picks!

The Rocket fizzles!

Try asking for your draw to be "corrected".
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #137
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jean* View Post
Could you update the title of the thread, please, so that we know when an update has been posted?
I didn't create the thread it was DjokerFan3, I am only updating results. But I'm trying to update every day
bry17may is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #138
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #139
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Richie's loss took me from 8th to 19th. Icing on the cake for a heart-breaking loss.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:14 AM   #140
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

hyperren
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:13 AM   #141
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
I really understand the reason behind all your strict rules and everything, but it was my first time playing, and it really made a huge impact, enough to not ever try playing again.

Thanks but no thanks, see around the "serious" part of MTF.
Wow, we had an awesome opportunity for someone to help make a better spreadsheet, and we just let him walk away.

GS's are when we get the majority of new players coming in. Some common sense needs to prevail here. Alienating the new players is very unfriendly and reduces the opportunity on gaining new managers, or in this case, someone with exceptional spreadsheet skills. By the way, the spreadsheet that is being used is one i created. I took some time to learn from evita's TT spreadsheet and took elements from other seasoned managers structure. It took me about 2-3 weeks to get it to where it is. It's definitely not perfect, but without it, there'd be a tonne more manual work involved daily in updating the scores. And to have a spreadsheet that can eliminate spaces! My god, managing would be at least 50% easier.

I see the simple solution here was to allow him to re-post his entry in the correct format. As long as there were no alterations to his picks, it's not a problem.

We do have to be fairly consistent from week to week, and support the managers for the Large draws. But this shows why taking an Absolute approach will kill these games. I baulk at managers who refuse spelling mistakes, it happens to the best of us and the statistics page of the spreadsheet is an effective tool to assist picking these up. Find/replace also helps. As manager I tend to send a PM to people if they've been really poor and requested they repost their draw if necessary.
The formatting is crucial for the spreadsheet to work. Otherwise we go back to manual calculations of scores.

As I've said to people before, if you can't manage a tournament, don't put your hand up for it. For FITD, the majority of the labour is in the first 24-48hours of the draw being available. Once all the picks are in and corrections made (yes, that's part of the role for managers, not just getting the glory for copying and pasting the occasional update), its fairly easy for the rest of the tournament.
The same managers who enforce their own stricter variety of rules tend to be lazier in their approach to do anything more than they want to. How about we bring in a rule that says if a manager posts an update with the wrong winner being counted, then that manager has their score reduced for the tournament? I've been quite critical the last few weeks about the draws being posted by managers. I do understand why it's happening, to eliminate mistakes from people who can't follow the instructions, whether due to language, cultural or intellectual barriers (which won't change). However, by dumbing down the draw, not indicating who the seeds or wild cards or qualifiers are, and not showing which players are playing ( when surnames are same as other players), the draw only becomes a guide. The onus is then on all players to look up the official draw elsewhere, and then remember who's who before posting in FITD. A simple solution is to have a detailed draw, and then the formatted draw for players to copy from.

Ok enough of my ranting.
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #142
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervisjames View Post
Wow, we had an awesome opportunity for someone to help make a better spreadsheet, and we just let him walk away.

GS's are when we get the majority of new players coming in. Some common sense needs to prevail here. Alienating the new players is very unfriendly and reduces the opportunity on gaining new managers, or in this case, someone with exceptional spreadsheet skills. By the way, the spreadsheet that is being used is one i created. I took some time to learn from evita's TT spreadsheet and took elements from other seasoned managers structure. It took me about 2-3 weeks to get it to where it is. It's definitely not perfect, but without it, there'd be a tonne more manual work involved daily in updating the scores. And to have a spreadsheet that can eliminate spaces! My god, managing would be at least 50% easier.

I see the simple solution here was to allow him to re-post his entry in the correct format. As long as there were no alterations to his picks, it's not a problem.
Don't worry, I have been allowed in the game, and I have not walked away. I am available to start working on a more helping spreadsheet. I can even import the method I use in the live rankings to have the spreadsheet update itself by downloading the draw from the tournament website every day.

I'm gonna let you know when I'll have the time to start working on it.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #143
country flag tenniscreep

tenniscreep has a reputation beyond reputetenniscreep has a reputation beyond reputetenniscreep has a reputation beyond reputetenniscreep has a reputation beyond reputetenniscreep has a reputation beyond reputetenniscreep has a reputation beyond reputetenniscreep has a reputation beyond reputetenniscreep has a reputation beyond reputetenniscreep has a reputation beyond reputetenniscreep has a reputation beyond reputetenniscreep has a reputation beyond repute

If my picked final becomes reality, this could be my best FITD ever
tenniscreep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #144
country flag bry17may

Old 06-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #145
country flag bry17may

Old 06-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #146
country flag bry17may

We have only 4 possible winners

These are the scenarios

Old 06-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #147
country flag bry17may

Old 06-08-2013, 01:11 AM   #148
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

finally out of the basement. 55th aint looking so bad, thanks Ferrer

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:25 AM   #149
country flag Javi

Javi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond reputeJavi has a reputation beyond repute

Top 10 in my first time playing here
Javi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #150
country flag Matthew2408

Matthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew2408 has a reputation beyond repute

Me (Ferrer) VS RNW (Nadal)
Matthew2408 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote