Peter Lundgren glorification thread - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-30-2005, 04:27 PM   #121
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peter Lundgren glorification thread

Maria, I remember the particular clowns calling for his head just after he took over and he wasn't winning. I don't forget things like that.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2005, 04:33 PM   #122
country flag Bibir

Bibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond repute

GWH "the walking encyclopedia".
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
There is plenty of Lundgren info, it depends on what you want to know.
Everything...anything we don't know.

Quote:
Good to see I haven't heard people calling for him to be sacked.
Because of Marat's recent bad losses?

Well, Peter is great for Marat...but he's not God "unfortunately"....The coach can't go on the court and play, he just can give him good advices.

Marat has grown up but he will never change...Even if he listens to Peter, there will always be up and downs....and as a real fan it's difficult to admit it sometimes.

Marat doesn't like IW, Miami, Olympics, he hates grass, and the list goes on...What can Peter do?

I don't know what to think about the clay season..we'll see..

Anyway, Peter is doing a great job, teaching him how to keep his head in the game and he knows that Marat plays at a higher level at big events (especially RG).
Old 03-30-2005, 04:35 PM   #123
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

I know he is doing a good job and I knew he would from the start that's not the issue. I just remember the calls from Safin fans wanting him to be sacked just as soon as he took over coaching him.

I don't have a problem with what Peter is doing.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-30-2005, 04:42 PM   #124
country flag Bibir

Bibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know he is doing a good job and I knew he would from the start that's not the issue. I just remember the calls from Safin fans wanting him to be sacked just as soon as he took over coaching him.
After Wimbledon?...or after US Open?

I don't know...I joined MTF at the end of july 2004...I only remember people wanting him to quit tennis and open his own night club after the USO tragedy.

Quote:
I don't have a problem with what Peter is doing.
Who said you had a problem with that?

Last edited by Bibir : 03-30-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Bibir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:50 PM   #125
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

After Wimbledon and for sure after the US Open.

I think Marat should spend more time in the nightclubs before he opens one.

It's just that I get irritated when people expect instant results like Chesnokov got when he won 2 titles in the first 3 weeks they were together, it doesn't happen like that.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-30-2005, 05:06 PM   #126
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Erm, I was just a bit shocked after the US Open, like Marat himself I guess. But I've never questioned Lundgren.
And like Bea I don't remember the people who wanted him to sack Lundgren. But yeah, I remember some angry people calling him to quit tennis and open a night club. As I said then and say it now - it's completely up to Marat what to do. He himself also said something like "It's my life and my career" in his recent interviews. It seems to me that sometimes he listens even too much what other people say, gets too easily influence, sometimes again he seems to be too stubborn. A complex person as he is.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:16 PM   #127
country flag Bibir

Quote:
After Wimbledon and for sure after the US Open.

I think Marat should spend more time in the nightclubs before he opens one.

It's just that I get irritated when people expect instant results like Chesnokov got when he won 2 titles in the first 3 weeks they were together, it doesn't happen like that.
I don't know who they are and don't want to judge them...but being a player's fan doesn't mean you know a lot about tennis.

I understand your feeling and I agree.

Fans expect instant results, players expect instant results...You know nowadays in sport, coaches are hired to be fired.

Last edited by Bibir : 03-30-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Bibir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:21 PM   #128
country flag Bibir

Marat had great coaches before Peter...There's no miracle...almost everything is in his hands.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:40 PM   #129
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute

I never expected results immediately, but hearing Marat talk about the USO non-stop all season long and then failing to deliver I was pissed. Yes I was one of those people asking questions at the time. And no offense, but we all know it took longer for Marat and Peter to get it going then between other players and coaches so are the comments really that surprising? I don't think so!

Just my humble opinion.

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub
maratski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:47 PM   #130
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Well Chesnokov and Volkov are Russian for a start so that immediately gives them an advantage in understanding Marat more than an outsider and Mensua helped bulid the base.

How long did it take with Federer? The results speak for themself, if it wasn't for Lundgren finishing the product then Federer wouldn't have come to be at the stage that he is now as quickly.

Anyone with a brain knows that the individual has to take some responsibility. It's not like Marat has suffered from bad coaches, he hasn't had Gilbert or Bolletieri.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-30-2005, 05:49 PM   #131
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not like Marat has suffered from bad coaches, he hasn't had Gilbert or Bolletieri.
Thank GOD!
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:23 PM   #132
country flag Bibir

Boo Boo Ilhame.

We were very sad after the USO...and we all vented...Marat was playing really bad and not happy at all on the court...But it was not because of Peter's inefficiency...he's not a magician.

I was very disappointed in Marat because of his attitude...Do you remember Wimbledon, Olympics, Sopot... and the comments "Safin takes the appearance fee"...tanking...tanking.

Peter tried and tries to give him more fighting spirit.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:04 PM   #133
country flag Bibir

Andrea!

Puschkin would like to read the longer version of the Interview for the Swiss Newsmagazin "Facts"....Do you know where to find it?
Old 03-30-2005, 07:46 PM   #134
country flag foul_dwimmerlaik

foul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond reputefoul_dwimmerlaik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How long did it take with Federer?
Marat doesn't have all that much time though. I admire what Peter did with Marat so far, he's a top-notch coach, but situations are not really comparable. Roger was a junior when Peter started to work with him, his game and personality was still building (as far as I know - I have no in-depth knowledge of Peter-Roger relationship); Marat is an established player and person already, all that Peter can do is some tweaking. Maybe it'll prove enough.

Peter did fine thus far, despite recent bad losses, and I admit, those losses were hard to take for me as a fan, especially after the AO. But Marat won a slam, the only really important tournament so far this year. He won it in a very convincing fashion. I have to remind myself that.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:43 PM   #135
country flag Bibir

Quote:
There is plenty of Lundgren info, it depends on what you want to know.
I would like to know what exactly happened between Roger and Peter?

And how was his relationship with Rios? How long did it take with him?