Peter Lundgren glorification thread - Page 51 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-24-2006, 11:47 PM   #751
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peter Lundgren glorification thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Addams View Post
Peter *sigh* We love you, big guy, stay close by to Marat, please! And good luck with coaching the GB DC team
ditto

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2006, 11:54 PM   #752
country flag atheneglaukopis

atheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond reputeatheneglaukopis has a reputation beyond repute

We miss you, Peter. Good luck with the rest of your life.

I still like my idea of Peter and Sasha sharing better.

"I couldn't even tell you who the No. 1 ranked tennis player in the world is right now," Federer said. "It's probably me, still. It is, isn't it?" The Onion

Russophilic member of the MTF Perv Squad--objectifying Tarpischev, Kafelnikov, and Volkov like whoa.
atheneglaukopis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:14 AM   #753
country flag MarieS

MarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond reputeMarieS has a reputation beyond repute

Peter.
It's just you don't want to have a lot of expectations, because when you start to have a lot of expectations you just end up losing in the third round to God knows who. ~Marat Safin, summarizing his career

No comment:
Mawie: he kinda reminds me of me, he feels obligated to have every sentence be a joke
Maggie Tulliver: and he takes his clothes off when he sees a camera
Maggie Tulliver: it's a little pathetic
Maggie Tulliver: it's like his first reaction
MarieS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:56 AM   #754
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Peter is gone!!!! Not fair...but very nice words indeed from Marat! It's good that they are still friends because he can always call him when he has problems, right????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:22 AM   #755
country flag rmb6687

rmb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond reputermb6687 has a reputation beyond repute

ugh, well there goes that.

I still don't understand if he was such a great a guy/coach, why they had to split up. I mean, I guess sometimes good friends don't make good coaches, and vice versa...but it didn't appear to be the case here. Ugh, I dont know.

roddick, hewitt, berdych, muller, tursunov, grosjean, djokovic
rmb6687 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 08:36 AM   #756
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
Having recently split with ex-coach Peter Lungren, Safin revealed that he had received a call from the Swede after he had accepted a Davis Cup coaching position from the British LTA.

"He called me a couple of days and told me; I'm totally cool, we are still friends. It's been the nicest break from each other when business-wise things didn't work. But as for the relationship, I still love him. I still think that he is a great coach, a great person which is the most important quality. Difficult to find great people in such an ugly world. I was very pleased to work with him, spending two years of my life with him and I wish him all the best. We are still going to see each other next year; I've invited him to come with me to Moscow for the Davis Cup final, so we have a good relationship. Unfortunately we have to separate our ways."

http://www.inside-tennis.net/index.p...n=news&id=2173
Awww, Marat is such a sweet guy.
And all the best to Peter!
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:11 PM   #757
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

bye peter......
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #758
country flag maria_marie

maria_marie has a reputation beyond reputemaria_marie has a reputation beyond reputemaria_marie has a reputation beyond reputemaria_marie has a reputation beyond reputemaria_marie has a reputation beyond reputemaria_marie has a reputation beyond reputemaria_marie has a reputation beyond reputemaria_marie has a reputation beyond reputemaria_marie has a reputation beyond reputemaria_marie has a reputation beyond reputemaria_marie has a reputation beyond repute

Marat just can't settle down with one coach-he kinda gets the best of each one of them and after a while their cooperation doesn't bring in any success. I think he should employ a 'part-time coach' like Rogelio. He doesn't listen too much to what the coaches say anyway so at least he's not gonna spend his money on getting advices he doesn't take.
maria_marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:21 PM   #759
country flag Vass

Vass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria_marie View Post
He doesn't listen too much to what the coaches say anyway so at least he's not gonna spend his money on getting advices he doesn't take.
You don't know that.

Anastasia Myskina, Marat Safin thank you.
Vass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:49 PM   #760
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria_marie View Post
Marat just can't settle down with one coach-he kinda gets the best of each one of them and after a while their cooperation doesn't bring in any success. I think he should employ a 'part-time coach' like Rogelio. He doesn't listen too much to what the coaches say anyway so at least he's not gonna spend his money on getting advices he doesn't take.
Hopefully Volkov will be his part-time coach next year.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:35 PM   #761
country flag Bibir

Bibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond repute

Old 10-25-2006, 10:46 PM   #762
country flag Pomat

Pomat has a reputation beyond reputePomat has a reputation beyond reputePomat has a reputation beyond reputePomat has a reputation beyond reputePomat has a reputation beyond reputePomat has a reputation beyond reputePomat has a reputation beyond reputePomat has a reputation beyond reputePomat has a reputation beyond reputePomat has a reputation beyond reputePomat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
Difficult to find great people in such an ugly world. I was very pleased to work with him, spending two years of my life with him and I wish him all the best. We are still going to see each other next year; I've invited him to come with me to Moscow for the Davis Cup final, so we have a good relationship. Unfortunately we have to separate our ways."
if Peter fly to Moscow I will believe in their good relationship
otherwise it's only two intelligent and well behaved men
Old 10-26-2006, 08:02 AM   #763
country flag Shadow

Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute

Peter I will miss you. Its sad that their business relationship didn`t work out at the end.
I`m glad that they are good friends and close to each other. You could always see that. peter is indeed a great person.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:10 PM   #764
country flag summer09

summer09 has a reputation beyond reputesummer09 has a reputation beyond reputesummer09 has a reputation beyond reputesummer09 has a reputation beyond reputesummer09 has a reputation beyond reputesummer09 has a reputation beyond reputesummer09 has a reputation beyond reputesummer09 has a reputation beyond reputesummer09 has a reputation beyond reputesummer09 has a reputation beyond reputesummer09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Addams View Post
Peter *sigh* We love you, big guy, stay close by to Marat, please! And good luck with coaching the GB DC team
summer09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:53 PM   #765
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Lundgren's itw after DC (in russian)
http://www.atptour.ru/viewtopic.php?t=906&start=60

Interesting. He said if Marat asks he is ready to help him in future. Marat has a special place in his life
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote