Peter Lundgren glorification thread - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-31-2005, 04:58 PM   #151
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peter Lundgren glorification thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibir
Can you understand GWH that we have emotions and that it's difficult sometimes....When you support and really like a player you suffer with him...You try to understand the guy...but it's not that easy...I was really perturbed after Sopot because of his attitude.
I follow a guy who is considered and still considered a loser in the tennis world by many people. Considering this guy got the biggest pile of crap and accused of tanking when playing for your country, the most serious offence.
Your loyal and have put up with a lot, but still it's not good to justify excuses when he plays like a fool.

Quote:
I don't remember who said that love was not only blind but stupid too...I'm not as smart as you.

Speaking about poor excuses, I think that Safin has surpassed his fans.
It's not a question of intelligence at all, that's not important. There are days when things don't happen, sometimes Marat can get out of them and others he can't. It's fine having talent, but if he puts in a bad performance, it's because the other guy was better on the day and the way it's made out unless he plays Santoro he is unbeatable and I have a problem with that.

There is support and then there is the next level.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 05:00 PM   #152
country flag Bibir

Bibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin
I did not say that Lundgren had no hand, but some posts and even articles at that time almost read as if Lundgren himself had played the matches and not Marat.
Marat needs support and Peter is there for him, always looking at him during matches...he probably senses that his coach cares about him.

When he talks about Peter he uses the words "He explains" , "I learn"...It's like a teacher-Student relationship.

I don't think that Marat talks that much about Peter..But the media are very interested in their relationship and always ask about him, his influence, ...Marat is honest and answers them.

When he admits that he never believed in himself before Peter...What can we say?...Thank you.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:35 PM   #153
country flag Bibir

Bibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond reputeBibir has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Your loyal and have put up with a lot, but still it's not good to justify excuses when he plays like a fool.
I was not talking about me...You probably don't know me and don't read my posts, but I don't take things too seriously in life...I don't make excuses, on the contrary I make fun of him and of his bad excuses (that's not better ). I always take the funny side of him.

Once again, I don't remember People on Marat forum making excuses when he plays like a FOOL.
But I know that sometimes I didn't admit when he was outplayed.

Quote:
It's not a question of intelligence at all, that's not important. There are days when things don't happen, sometimes Marat can get out of them and others he can't. It's fine having talent, but if he puts in a bad performance, it's because the other guy was better on the day and the way it's made out unless he plays Santoro he is unbeatable and I have a problem with that.
It's not a question of intelligence...It's a question of emotion and personality...People react differently in the heat of the moment.

Quote:
There is support and then there is the next level.
I think that at their best Safin is better than Federer...I suppose that I'm at the next level.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:41 PM   #154
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibir
I was not talking about me...You probably don't know me and don't read my posts, but I don't take things too seriously in life...I don't make excuses, on the contrary I make fun of him and of his bad excuses (that's not better ). I always take the funny side of him.
You're the Hippo queen so I do know you lack seriousness and that's good, but there are few too many excuses justifying his sometimes foolish performances.

Quote:
Once again, I don't remember People on Marat forum making excuses when he plays like a FOOL.
But I know that sometimes I didn't admit when he was outplayed.
I remember the RG when the gamesmanship was used taking timeouts when not necessary and no I am not talking about the Starace match.

Quote:
It's not a question of intelligence...It's a question of emotion and personality...People react differently in the heat of the moment.
Sport is not that serious or ever should be.

Quote:
I think that at their best Safin is better than Federer...I suppose that I'm at the next level.
That's what Lundgren is for there, can't make a living off potential.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 06:21 PM   #155
country flag Bibir

Quote:
You're the Hippo queen so I do know you lack seriousness and that's good, but there are few too many excuses justifying his sometimes foolish performances.
Tell me when I did that?...and I'll correct...i'm not stuborn, I admit my mistakes.

Quote:
I remember the RG when the gamesmanship was used taking timeouts when not necessary and no I am not talking about the Starace match.
I joined MTF later...But I watched the match on TV (Safin vs Nalbadian)...I don't blame him for the first 3 sets...in the 4st set, he was desperate...AND THEN COMES BEA'S EXCUSE.

Quote:
That's what Lundgren is for there, can't make a living off potential.
We'll see.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:29 PM   #156
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Bea, if you do a search in the archives around that time, then you'll see what I am talking about when it comes to excuses, only do this when bored.

I never specifically said yourself, it's the same when someone tried to pull the I am being hypocritical crap and had to put them in their place.

Lundgren is the man and he has the job at the moment.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 06:47 PM   #157
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

George, what do you mean if NOT the Starace match re gamesmanship???? Marat is usually a pretty good sport.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:12 PM   #158
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

I also don't know what you're talking about. I didn't see the match. All I remember from the forum were those huge blisters.

Quite the conversation going on in here. (that's a good thing, many interesting things have been said )
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:16 PM   #159
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV
George, what do you mean if NOT the Starace match re gamesmanship???? Marat is usually a pretty good sport.
Starace match was indeed bad gamesmanship. I didn't like it and don't defend him on that. Also didn't like the Sopot-debacle.
I even thought that the time-out with the massage during this year's AO final was . Of course when Hewitt did it a couple games later it got really ridiculous
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:19 PM   #160
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
There have been others as well.

Waffle has explained themselves very well.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 07:28 PM   #161
country flag maratski

maratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond reputemaratski has a reputation beyond repute

It must have been the Mantilla match...GWH always knows when it's a match in which one of his faves is involved. I've never justified Marat's gamesmanship and am honest enough to admit he lost to the better player, but not always. At the end of the day I'm just human.

Member of the unofficial international Mohamed Lahyani fanclub

Last edited by maratski : 03-31-2005 at 07:30 PM.
maratski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:55 PM   #162
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Well, yeah Ilame - Mantilla. Marat himself said at the press conf after the match that that Mantilla must be mad at him (and not only for the mooning). OK, admitted. He wasn't the best sport at RG last year in general. Too much pressure perhaps. OK, OK George, I'm not going to justify his behavour there.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 11:36 PM   #163
country flag Bibir

Quote:
I never specifically said yourself, it's the same when someone tried to pull the I am being hypocritical crap and had to put them in their place.
When you said "you"...I understood "me"..and not "you all"...but I'm not that egocentric usually.
Old 04-01-2005, 12:19 AM   #164
country flag Bibir

Quote:
There have been others as well.

Waffle has explained themselves very well.
You see, we are not that blind..we don't live in Denial Land.

But we are human beings, we are fans and sometimes we are biased...when someone is critisizing your player, you always defend him..it's a natural instinct.

And it's not like I was trying to defend a bad guy...Marat is a very fair player no?
Biased or not when I think about him..I first think about his sportsmanship.

But that was not your point..You know that he's fair...You just wanted us to admit his gamesmanship ....and we did!
Old 04-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #165
country flag Bibir

Quote:
Well, yeah Ilame - Mantilla. Marat himself said at the press conf after the match that that Mantilla must be mad at him (and not only for the mooning). OK, admitted. He wasn't the best sport at RG last year in general. Too much pressure perhaps. OK, OK George, I'm not going to justify his behavour there.
What happened during the match?

You're talking about this part of the itw...it doesn't mean much.

Quote:
Q. Did you talk to Mantilla in the locker room afterwards?

MARAT SAFIN: No. He wants to kill me probably, so...

About what?

Q. "Good match."

MARAT SAFIN: No. He said everything on the court. It was a great match. Unlucky.

Q. He said that to you?

MARAT SAFIN: No, he was unlucky. I told to him.

Q. What do you think the fine is for pulling down your pants?

MARAT SAFIN: I don't care. I doesn't really care. Has no price for this.

Last edited by Bibir : 04-01-2005 at 12:37 AM.
Bibir is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote