Madrid R2: Dimitrov def. Djokovic 7-6 (6) 6-7 (8) 6-3 - Page 44 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #646
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madrid R2: Dimitrov def. Djokovic 7-6 (6) 6-7 (8) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Imo Djokovic's actions are good for the sport. Whilst his behaviour might not have been acceptable it has certainly created a lot of talk and heated debate.
That's right! We all have something to talk about on MTF now.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #647
country flag Chair Umpire
Banned!

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Imo Djokovic's actions are good for the sport. Whilst his behaviour might not have been acceptable it has certainly created a lot of talk and heated debate.

Oh well, then I guess that John Tomic punching a trainer is also good for the sport.

I mean since it has bring a lot of talk and controversy.
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #648
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Only thing I'm concerned about (besides a not fully healed ankle), is the negative energy that Djoker may now carry around like an albatross around his neck. Worst case scenario is that he mopes around like he did after his run-in with the USO crowd (he looked down after telling Roddick where to go), and does not train, or play at the level he should in Rome. Why did he have to run into this kind of crowd so close to RG? It's not fair. Mind you he did shrug off Miami quite well and really got his stuff together for MC, so as usual, all bets are off. Ahhh, second thought, I'd still bet for DjokoKing to have it together for RG--Pierre and Jelena will do their jobs well. Time to forget about the lynch mob and inquisitor-like crowd in Madrid.

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 05-08-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #649
country flag Dougie

Dougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond reputeDougie has a reputation beyond repute

What a great match. I went to bed after the second set thinking Djokovic would cruise to victory because of Dimitrov´s cramps. How wrong I was...I know I won´t be able to bring anything new to this discussion but still, a few things come to mind..

1. Good for Dimitrov to pull through this one. Great fight, but seriously, no professional player should be cramping in less than two sets, no matter what the conditions. He needs to work this issue out, it might be some very simple issue with his diet or whatever. But you cannot cramp in less than two sets. ANd that backhand still lands way too short, Djokovic just wasn´t able to make him pay for it.

2. What a bizarre crowd. I can understand the crowd cheering for Dimitrov, nothing wrong with that, just the opposite. But Djokovic did nothing to deserve the boos and whistles. It´s no wonder he was pissed.

3. Having said that, a player of his calibre should be able to handle it, no excuses there.

But good to see DImitrov finally getting a really big win. Let´s hope he grows mentally as well, and we won´t see him doing any of those tank jobs showed at the beginning of the year.
Dougie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #650
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
What a great match. I went to bed after the second set thinking Djokovic would cruise to victory because of Dimitrov´s cramps. How wrong I was...I know I won´t be able to bring anything new to this discussion but still, a few things come to mind..

1. Good for Dimitrov to pull through this one. Great fight, but seriously, no professional player should be cramping in less than two sets, no matter what the conditions. He needs to work this issue out, it might be some very simple issue with his diet or whatever. But you cannot cramp in less than two sets. ANd that backhand still lands way too short, Djokovic just wasn´t able to make him pay for it.

2. What a bizarre crowd. I can understand the crowd cheering for Dimitrov, nothing wrong with that, just the opposite. But Djokovic did nothing to deserve the boos and whistles. It´s no wonder he was pissed.

3. Having said that, a player of his calibre should be able to handle it, no excuses there.

But good to see DImitrov finally getting a really big win. Let´s hope he grows mentally as well, and we won´t see him doing any of those tank jobs showed at the beginning of the year.
How dare you say the truth?
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #651
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Especially for my M8 rocketassist who's fascinated by mystical word:Kurac.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:45 AM   #652
country flag anticaria

anticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond reputeanticaria has a reputation beyond repute

how are rafa and nole different on clay this year?

1. rafa actually won a match at the 2013 madrid open..

2. rafa's never lost to dimitrov..

Old 05-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #653
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

It's matches like these that make you think Djokovic would have been a great character in the 80s along with Borg, Connors, and Mac.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:29 AM   #654
country flag Mr. Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
It's matches like these that make you think Djokovic would have been a great character in the 80s along with Borg, Connors, and Mac.
Connors and Mac were enough for those times, especially in the non hawkeye era where they'd go wild because of bad calls...and then harbour a grudge for the rest of the match which was equally as funny...one drama begetting another one. Those were the days.

Today, most players have become lobotomized because the human error has been removed. Djoker has to work extra hard to find things to be dramatic about!

Perhaps he uses these medical timeouts on purpose to rope-a-dope the crowd. IDK.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:25 AM   #655
Banned!

Quote:
No1e is much bigger than that.He even has an educational dimension, world is learning Serbian thanks to him.
:wors hip:
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBB BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRR.
Old 05-09-2013, 02:36 AM   #656
country flag Depeche

Depeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Absolutely. It's a shame that today's players all have to act as blandly "classy" as possible at all times in order to be considered marketable. I don't even think Novak ever would have been a real villain or heel, that's not really in his personality anyway, but it would have been fun to see him able to actually be himself.
Depeche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #657
country flag Rafa#Uno:-)

Rafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond repute

Why was the crowd so much against nole? they were cheering on double faults and it was kind of unreal. Dymitrov have a dynamit forehand straight.
Nole We will see how this is going to affect Nole. For Rome and RG

The best player spin and speed together

Rafa#Uno:-) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #658
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #659
country flag Rafa#Uno:-)

Rafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond reputeRafa#Uno:-) has a reputation beyond repute

ok have seen the replay of the match..........watch nole in the first set at his setpoint.........marking the ball to be out...........so clearly touched the line>>>after that the crowd disliked him.............rightly so. Karma is a bitch and it follows nole on that.

The best player spin and speed together

Rafa#Uno:-) is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #660
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depeche View Post
Absolutely. It's a shame that today's players all have to act as blandly "classy" as possible at all times in order to be considered marketable. I don't even think Novak ever would have been a real villain or heel, that's not really in his personality anyway, but it would have been fun to see him able to actually be himself.
today we have hawk eye

ppl might think it's not so big of a change, but it's actually a huuuuge one

90% of the tantrums were based on dodgy calls and now it's gone, except for the places they don't use it and we have the seldom Jerzy version of what was an average situation in the past
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote