Madrid R2: Dimitrov def. Djokovic 7-6 (6) 6-7 (8) 6-3 - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-08-2013, 02:27 AM   #466
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madrid R2: Dimitrov def. Djokovic 7-6 (6) 6-7 (8) 6-3

Congrats to Grisha a very good win, I hope that he jumps start with this. He still has fitness issues that will show at Slams in a 5 setter much like Gasquet.

I think Djokovic fans has to be a bit worried on his game, it just has nothing. Djokovic was hitting the ball short and with no purpose in most of the match and this is not the first time i have seen it this year. I really don't know what he is doing, he is basically just pushing the ball.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 02:30 AM   #467
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
How?

Murray is more relevant than Federer nowadays and is right up there with Djokovic.
I think wrong time to go for this statement as we are in the clay season.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:30 AM   #468
country flag Gallace..

Gallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond reputeGallace.. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Grigor nice to see your potential shining through
Nick Kyrgios
Gallace.. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:31 AM   #469
country flag forehandluva

forehandluva has a reputation beyond reputeforehandluva has a reputation beyond reputeforehandluva has a reputation beyond reputeforehandluva has a reputation beyond reputeforehandluva has a reputation beyond reputeforehandluva has a reputation beyond reputeforehandluva has a reputation beyond reputeforehandluva has a reputation beyond reputeforehandluva has a reputation beyond reputeforehandluva has a reputation beyond reputeforehandluva has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
There you go good people of MTF. Now just change your avatar, come up with fancy signatures, and start trolling for Dimitrov. He has done nothing. zilch. He won a match. Let him back it up.
this guy is correct, i for one hope this isnt a fluke but he has to back it up now and continue to do so, and he should be in the top 20 by french open hopefully and mabye top 15 after wimbledon, his progression this year has been impressive, however he has been woeful at the slams so lets hope this changes.
forehandluva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:40 AM   #470
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
Ok so honest to god.

Let us all hope this breaks the mental barrier for Dimitrov, much like Murray and US open.
If the mental barrier is down, all that is holding him back is fitness.

Once he gets that together, then.....????

Really hope he doesn't go out in the next round.

Also MTF spoke in the poll and WE were right!! HAHAHA
Winning the US Open =/= winning a big match against a big name in the early round of a Masters.

If that's all it took to overcome mental barriers, Murray would have won a Major years ago.

This is probably one (albeit big) step in a larger process toward's Grigor's mental improvement.
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:50 AM   #471
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by forehandluva View Post
this guy is correct, i for one hope this isnt a fluke but he has to back it up now and continue to do so, and he should be in the top 20 by french open hopefully and mabye top 15 after wimbledon, his progression this year has been impressive, however he has been woeful at the slams so lets hope this changes.
Exactly. I like his playing style. I am a Fed fan. How can I not. But really. He won a 2 out of 3 set match. Cramped all over the place. Sure. He pushed Rafa two weeks ago but again ran out of energy there too. He is simply not fit enough to be a "contender" right now. Good for him that he won the big one. He could have a bright future but he needs to get better, fitter, and stronger mentally.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports
*Proud hater of the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, the fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire and ...
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:16 AM   #472
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

good result for both of them.

it should put nole back to earth where he belongs, and make him focus on RG.

madrid would have been unnecessary trouble. it's not real clay anyway, therefore totally irrelevant for the weeks ahead.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.

Last edited by finishingmove : 05-08-2013 at 03:19 AM.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #473
country flag swisht4u

swisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond reputeswisht4u has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic played just like he said, without practice for 12 days.
It looked that way.
Dimitrov played a solid game but still hasn't shown strong potential that some are looking for.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXÈ

Federer

Del Potro

Gulbis

Janowicz
swisht4u is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:30 AM   #474
country flag chenx15

chenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond reputechenx15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenx15 View Post
oh shyte. not this again. this must be how Ringo feels when the beatles are mentioned
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
That.

Murray is like the Ringo of the Beatles. He's currently the second best player in the world, but in terms of overall stature two of his rivals are legends and the third is on his way to becoming one.
we said exactly the same thing
Fed ... don't F this up. You got the break. Just finish this. I got work tomorrow, I got kids... wife needs affection. Give me a break man.
chenx15 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #475
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I cannot believe Grigor won! What a great win for him.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #476
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Gave up on the the thread at about page 18. The Fedtards who came back because of his return are the only reason I regret seeing him at Madrid. Why are you spamming a thread that didn't involve your man, and why are you repeatedly mentioning another player who wasn't involved? The world does not revolve around Fedal.

Regarding the match, some beautiful play here from Dimitrov. His running forehands and defensive slices were very impressive. I hope he maintains this form for the rest of the tournament and, one can pray, maybe for the next ten years or so too. Gotta work on the fitness though. Cramping after two sets is ridiculous.

I must have been alone in this, but I thought Djokovic was having trouble pushing off for his shots after the ankle roll. Either that, or his footwork and shot placement just abandoned him. It reminded me a bit of his Miami Haas match; he didn't seem to have the confidence to go for his shots and ended up getting plain out-rallied quite a bit. And I can't help but wonder how he'd look against Federer on clay right now. If it was purely a match-up problem for Djokovic tonight, I suspect he might be particularly vulnerable to the Swiss atm.

So congrats to Dimitrov's fans and commiserations to Djokovic's. If I was playing on the tour, I'd still be preparing for peak Djokovic to return in Rome.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #477
country flag Aloimeh

Aloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond reputeAloimeh has a reputation beyond repute

You can bet Djokovic's mom just screamed "Another king is dead" right about now - in the remotest corner - of her bathroom - followed by "The other one is buried." (from tennisplanet.me, following Madrid 2011 Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-4)
Aloimeh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:57 AM   #478
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

What's interesting is that since 2009 when the Madrid masters changed to clay, the winner of Madrid also won Wimbledon that year.

2009 Madrid winner Federer won RG and Wimbledon
2010 Madrid winner Nadal won RG and Wimbledon and the USO
2011 Madrid winner Djokovic won Wimbledon and the USO
2012 Madrid winner Federer won Wimbledon

All Time

Roger Federer 17
Pete Sampras 14
Rafael Nadal 14
Roy Emerson 12
Rod Laver 11
Björn Borg 11
Bill Tilden 10

Last edited by Roy Emerson : 05-08-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:05 AM   #479
country flag PiggyGotRoasted

PiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond reputePiggyGotRoasted has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Emerson View Post
What's interesting is that since 2009 when the Madrid masters changed to clay, the winner of Madrid also won Wimbledon that year.

2009 Madrid winner Federer won RG and Wimbledon
2010 Madrid winner Nadal won RG and Wimbledon
2011 Madrid winner Djokovic won Wimbledon and the USO
2012 Madrid winner Federer won Wimbledon
So you are saying Dimitrov will win wimbledon this year? If so then I will quote this post if he does
PiggyGotRoasted is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:08 AM   #480
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiggyGotRoasted View Post
So you are saying Dimitrov will win wimbledon this year? If so then I will quote this post if he does

In the past few years Madrid has been a better predictor for the Wimbledon winner than Queen's or Halle. Funny sh*t.

All Time

Roger Federer 17
Pete Sampras 14
Rafael Nadal 14
Roy Emerson 12
Rod Laver 11
Björn Borg 11
Bill Tilden 10
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote