Madrid R2: Dimitrov def. Djokovic 7-6 (6) 6-7 (8) 6-3 - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #421
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Madrid R2: Dimitrov def. Djokovic 7-6 (6) 6-7 (8) 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
T-Doc logic: Raonic isn't a servebot. Dimitrov is a bit of a servebot.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 PM   #422
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

This match has really blown MTF wide open. All sorts of posters (I am being sooo polite here) are crawling out of the woodwork.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #423
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
I expected it. But not because of some lame excuse of not 'touching' a racket, but simply because he isn't good enough to dominate the greatest surface of all. He was never winning this tournament.
Judging from your definition of "dominate", Nadal is the only player in tennis history to ever dominate clay.
'82 - '91: best decade in tennis

I am a fan of no tennis player.

'Honestly' called my trolling low quality
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #424
country flag NikolaBGD

NikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond reputeNikolaBGD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ok, so, I'm no longer banned and BOY did I miss a lot of action. My hands were itching looking at all the gloatworthy threads and asinine statements being made. My first post was always going to be in the 'Murray favourite for Wimbledon' thread...

HOWEVER.... Djokovic lost to Dimitrov?! DIMITROV? The guy that hits DF's by the dozen in tight situations? The Dimitrov that has zero important wins and titles in his career? Hilarious.

You know Novak, you think you may be up there with Rafa and Roger, but really, you're not in the same league as those two. You finally managed to beat Nadal at Monte Carlo, but following it up with a second round loss to this boy is simply laughable. Andy Murray like consistency. Even the pathetic younger generation is starting to outplay you in your 'prime'. You profited from Nadal and Federer getting old and injured, and now it's time to eat some humble pie.

On the other hand, fucking well done Grisha. Cooked this guy nice and slowly. Predicted you would win 6-4 1-6 6-3 before the match, and you didn't let me down. Keep on improving and prepare to be rewarded with several slams the following year.

Suck it Flukevak. It takes a real player to REALLY control the surface of the gods.

Sleep tight MTF
Just look a picture in you av

Novak won all the matches on clay 2011, and lost in the most important match on RG.

If he won in Paris this year, he complete everything...if he lose, no Masters title will reduce that failure...

What he has to prove... clearly No.1 with several tousand points ahead, 6 GS titles, all Masters except Cincy...beat you favorite guy in his fortress 2 weeks ago...

He cant win every match, he is not a machine, for a years most consistent player on a tour...

I know what hurts...my first sentence

Last edited by NikolaBGD : 05-07-2013 at 11:59 PM.
NikolaBGD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #425
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Oh god, when Nadaltards and Noletards fight, it's better to not pick a side

I'm just happy grigor is breaking through

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #426
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Great win, Grigor Amazing match, quality and drama, Dimitrov was a hero out there. I had watched him play Murray, Djokovic, Del Potro and Nadal earlier this year and I always felt he was quite close to taking the next step in his evoluton and he did so today with a huge win over the best player in the world. Let's hope he can keep it up, he still can improve a lot.

As for Djokovic, I'm sure he will do better in Rome. Due to seeding protection, it's very rare for a top player to face one of the, say, 15 best players in the world (and a player with great weapons) in their first match of a big tournament; generally they are given cannon fodder to work their way into the tournament slowly and find their game. If this was a QF/SF match, I believe Novak would have eventually won. But facing a de facto top 12-15 player in your first match is always a big challenge, although a rare situation these days. He wasn't completely sharp and Dimitrov took full advantage of that.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014

Last edited by Mark Lenders : 05-08-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #427
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, I have no qualms against Novak's conduct today. He tried some gamesmanship at times, but the timeout was well within his rights and (exchanges with the crowd aside) he acted like a great professional today. Nothing but respect.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #428
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
LOL at Dulltards accusing Nole of cheating. Hypocrisy at its finest!

Stupid, classless disgusting crowd! Butt hurt much? Can't wait for Roland Garros to add to their misery.
Nadal has 7 RG titles already Nole is yet to prove himself in Paris.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #429
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have Noletards come to a unified conclusion why the Fakebarian lost today?

Was he generous? Did he have another career threatening injury reducing him to tears? Did he tank? Did he have a sore throat? Was the sun shining? Did someone sprinkle gluten in his breakfast? Which was it?
He was outplayed, that's all. Djokovic is still the best player in the world in general, but today Dimitrov was better than him.

I think Dimitrov's current level of tennis is around 9-15 best in the world (and not through consistency but big weapons), which is definitely a much tougher opponent than top players usually face in their first match in big tournaments. Djokovic can usually use the early rounds to slowly fine tune his game and work his way into the tournament, but due to an unusual draw not here. He needed to be sharp from the get go, he wasn't and so he was punished.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014

Last edited by Mark Lenders : 05-08-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #430
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMarquess View Post
So Madrid is a fantastic clay event this year? Remember me again how did Nadal fare there last year...
It wasn't a clay event last year. And it's still the worst clay tournament from MC/Madrid/Barcelona/Rome/RG

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #431
country flag breezer1

breezer1 has a reputation beyond reputebreezer1 has a reputation beyond reputebreezer1 has a reputation beyond reputebreezer1 has a reputation beyond reputebreezer1 has a reputation beyond reputebreezer1 has a reputation beyond reputebreezer1 has a reputation beyond reputebreezer1 has a reputation beyond reputebreezer1 has a reputation beyond reputebreezer1 has a reputation beyond reputebreezer1 has a reputation beyond repute

loved it...great day, loads of drama...hope tomorrow is as good, makes you realise why you love tennis...

novak was uncharacteristically a bad sportsman today, maybe that's why the crowd were anti him - still thought gregor would've choked, but he didn't - choke/chuck/tank/ by novak, least it gives someone else an opportunity to compete against nadal...go on roger, murray, etc...wouldn't it be great- maybe a fed/nadal for posterity.

and don't be so mean everyone. be grateful, takes us away from credit crunch land (and football)
breezer1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:12 AM   #432
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticaria View Post
by the way, i wasn't able to watch this match.. did 'classy' nole break any racquets or brutalize any courtside furniture today? just curious..

No, but he faked injury and took 10 mins MTO.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #433
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezer1 View Post
loved it...great day, loads of drama...hope tomorrow is as good, makes you realise why you love tennis...

novak was uncharacteristically a bad sportsman today, maybe that's why the crowd were anti him - still thought gregor would've choked, but he didn't - choke/chuck/tank/ by novak, least it gives someone else an opportunity to compete against nadal...go on roger, murray, etc...wouldn't it be great- maybe a fed/nadal for posterity.

and don't be so mean everyone. be grateful, takes us away from credit crunch land (and football)
The most fascinating post of the whole thread.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:16 AM   #434
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
lol a broken leg does not take the longest to heal, but I hope you know that.
the point still stands
'82 - '91: best decade in tennis

I am a fan of no tennis player.

'Honestly' called my trolling low quality
hipolymer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #435
country flag PedroMarquess

PedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond reputePedroMarquess has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It wasn't a clay event last year. And it's still the worst clay tournament from MC/Madrid/Barcelona/Rome/RG
Then why did you came with all those bs when you know that this a shitty event that doesn't really matter for RG preparation?
PedroMarquess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote