Moving forward (not leaning backward) into forehand - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
country flag mwburne

mwburne is on a distinguished road
Default Moving forward (not leaning backward) into forehand

Any tips to help with this?
mwburne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving forward (not leaning backward) into forehand

Get into position early and lean in.

Keep it simple.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely want to typically shorten your swing because remember you are taking time away from yourself when moving towards the ball. You will also want to brush the ball a little more since you are obviously closer to the other side of the court so you need to make sure the ball dips in time before landing out.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
country flag T.C

T.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond repute

are you talking about hitting off the front foot?

if so, you'll want to hit with a closed stance first to get a feel of the weight shift. the easiest way to do this is to make sure to step towards the ball with your front foot as you're hitting. you'll need to get into position early (i.e. stay balanced), but have someone feed you balls where you're just stepping in at first (during your rotation, let your back foot step forward - this tells you that you've shifted all your weight onto your front foot). slowly feed wider making you run to your forehand.

Last edited by T.C : 05-07-2013 at 08:45 PM.
T.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #5
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, just step into/toward the ball to get used to the weight transfer. Gradually should feel the same from the open stance (your leg opposite the hitting arm should still be further out in front than the other).
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote