Vote to select the new appeal moderator - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Please select from among the following members

Freak3yman84 26 11.56%
viruzzz 78 34.67%
Jverweij 22 9.78%
The Bulldog 40 17.78%
djokovicgonzalez 35 15.56%
Mark Lenders 68 30.22%
Punky 44 19.56%
Goldenoldie 84 37.33%
Prodigy. 21 9.33%
Wing Man Frank 9 4.00%
orangehat 31 13.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #46
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vote to select the new appeal moderator

People are so stupid at times . I just can't...

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #47
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Ok people, we all seriously need to relax a bit here.
Lenders is a little trolly in GM and sometimes yeah, we can consider him a poster who can be a little "un-reasonable" with some topics like Del Potro's secret love-relationship with Ferrer.

But he doesn't deserve so much of this "anti-hype", if you want to vote for me because you consider me a good option for an appeal mod, fine, i'm glad and i'm happy about that.
But don't vote for me for beeing the "Anti-Lenders", I like him, he's a great guy, and yeah, I agree with (I think it was Joe) who said that Lenders is a really reasonable poster off-forum.
We've talked sometimes (I think we should do it more, because of what I said before, he's a great and cool guy) and he's a senseful and mature person.

If you want to do this kind of "campaign", fine, I won't say anything negative about that (I think this isn't a pop-con thing and this is a little out of order tho) , but if you do so, do it because you think i'm a good thing for the forum and you consider I'd do this job properly, not because of Lenders not beeing the app-mod, he'd do great here.

So, do whatever you think it's better for the forum, i'm going to sleep now, I only logged in because one of my friends sent me a Facebook message saying "DOOOD, YERRR WINNIN'" and I seriously don't want to win because of "making someone lose". There are GREAT people here appealing for this thing.

Off to sleep, I couldn't watch Fed's match but it wasn't exactly a good thing returning here and see Tommy Haas lose and realising Fed lost in R3, god damnit.

Well... It seems nobody's gonna stop Ra...Tsonga now.
Ok. This post shows why you shouldn't win. You are trying go play both sides of the fence. How are you ever going to make hard decisions? Who are you going to try to please? Because that's what you are doing now. You sound like a freaking politician talking soothing pablum. If you win, others will lose. That's how it is.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #48
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Viruzzzzzzzzzzz!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #49
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

I hope this is round 1 because I'd be annoyed to have voted for viruzzz. Lenders obviously can take impartial decisions if need be. Anyone who himself is trying to be objective can see that. Not that it matters, but this is turning into a shitty popularity contest. Judges and their decision are often incomprehensible for most people but it does not mean they're wrong.

Lenders for mod.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #50
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute

The two posters intelectually and mentally ready to take this position are Lenders and Wing Man Frank, both seem to boast a nice moral compass as well.
gaitare is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #51
country flag gaitare

gaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond reputegaitare has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, can we make it a one year term and organize a contest every December? Shit has potential.
gaitare is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #52
country flag vpmrosulate

vpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Ok. This post shows why you shouldn't win. You are trying go play both sides of the fence. How are you ever going to make hard decisions? Who are you going to try to please? Because that's what you are doing now. You sound like a freaking politician talking soothing pablum. If you win, others will lose. That's how it is.
Someone saying "don't vote for me out of hate for someone else" is being a politician? Can anyone actually feel good when his votes come that route? I mean yeah, in real life successfully bashing an opponent sometimes leads to successful campaigns, lesser of two evils and all that, but isn't it reasonable for anyone to want to be voted in for his own merits, and not the "demerits" of another? To stand for a positive "good" and not simply as the alternative to "evil"?

I somehow voted for both of the front-runners a while back. Didn't realize the discussion would turn to this...

del Potro/Nalbandian/Safin
Gulbis/Monfils/Dolgopolov/Tursunov/Giorgi
Davydenko/Janowicz/Verdasco/Lopez
Soderling/Cilic/Blake
vpmrosulate is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #53
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

If Lenders wins this pool he'll be perfect asset to perfect crew. Like Stockton and Malone
Old 05-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #54
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

It is becoming obvious that high-profile candidates get the most votes. Is this really what most people want? Me, I'd want quietly competent person for the job. Someone who does it well but without drama. Someone without favourites, who doesn't antagonize anybody in the outset. That's why my only vote went to Goldenoldie. I believe he is the best available candidate.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #55
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Not all politicians are evil, and not everyone who tries to please is incapable of making harsh decisions.

I voted for both viruzzz and Mark Lenders, and I think either would do an excellent job, but I am sad to see opinion becoming polarized either for or against.

In these circumstances perhaps it is time to look at a candidate who is not many people's first choice, but could be most people's second or third choice? A candidate who could bring peace to the differing factions before concentrating on doing the actual job? A candidate who actually has more experience of life and a longer time on MTF than the two front-runners put together?

Me.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #56
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

I thank all those that voted me. I knew I wouldn't win but it's nice to know that more people than I thought would trust me in a position of responsibility on here. Thanks.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #57
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

After reading this, I'm very glad that there's oceans of votes between myself and the two front-runners. I don't think everyone is going to be happy, no matter who is elected, which in hindsight, was probably expected. Good luck to whoever gets in, and thanks to those who voted for me. I don't forget people who are kind to me.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #58
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

We need to do a second, maybe third round I think

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #59
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
It is becoming obvious that high-profile candidates get the most votes. Is this really what most people want? Me, I'd want quietly competent person for the job. Someone who does it well but without drama. Someone without favourites, who doesn't antagonize anybody in the outset. That's why my only vote went to Goldenoldie. I believe he is the best available candidate.
Well, if they're high-profile and post a lot, people will know who they are . If they are low profile, then a majority of posters won't know who they are. People vote for those who they know or have heard of, even if they don't like them. It's a human nature thing.
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #60
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Punky is obviously by far the one who should get the job, sad that they won't.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread