Vote to select the new appeal moderator - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Please select from among the following members

Freak3yman84 26 11.56%
viruzzz 78 34.67%
Jverweij 22 9.78%
The Bulldog 40 17.78%
djokovicgonzalez 35 15.56%
Mark Lenders 68 30.22%
Punky 44 19.56%
Goldenoldie 84 37.33%
Prodigy. 21 9.33%
Wing Man Frank 9 4.00%
orangehat 31 13.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #31
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vote to select the new appeal moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I just checked the votes and you voted for 8 out of the 10 candidates - surely, unless you voted for the sake of it, it means that you can't be that displeased with the list, seen as how it contains no less than 8 people (80%) that you consider 'fit for the job'.

By the same token, there are people who consider some of those 8 'not fit for the job', while they consider the other two fit. That's why it'd have been highly illogical to 'weed out' unfit posters, because that's a highly subjective opinion - I'm sure you could find at least one person (probably more) who'd consider each of the 10 candidates 'unfit'. Each different voter has different parameters of what they consider 'fit for the job', hence why including every applicant in the poll is the right decision.
I agree with both points. If someone volunteered for the position and most of MTF agrees they are unfit for mod, 99% of the time they will be voted out.

But why did RagingLamb say that every person that volunteered deserves only praise? Certainly just volunteering is not such a difficult job. And constructive criticism is always better than lying to make others feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Nothing wrong with my serve technically
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #32
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
It's ridiculous giving people the option to vote for EIGHT!! users. This gives people the capacity to avoid voting for someone they don't like instead of voting for the one they think it's the right choice. No common sense whatsoever.

Joke of a poll.
Why? Most of these posters are very good posters and evenly matched. If there were 7 posters I could not decide on, and one clown, I would vote everybody but the clown. It makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Nothing wrong with my serve technically
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #33
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
Why? Most of these posters are very good posters and evenly matched. If there were 7 posters I could not decide on, and one clown, I would vote everybody but the clown. It makes sense.
No it doesn't. You're supposed to vote for the one you think will do the role better.

Not vote for everyone on the poll except for somebody you dislike just so he doesn't get it.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #34
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
No it doesn't. You're supposed to vote for the one you think will do the role better.

Not vote for everyone on the poll except for somebody you dislike just so he doesn't get it.
I don't have any reason to think some of these posters will do a better job than others, since I don't know them well and none of them have give me a reason to doubt their competence. But there are two posters that I believe have particularly pronounced and unbalanced viewpoints, which I feel would compromise their ability to fulfill this position. (This does not mean I dislike them as posters in general, but it does mean that I consider them to be ineligible.) I don't care tremendously about this, so I am not going to research the other candidates in order to pick one over the other. But no research is needed to separate the wheat from the chaff.

This seems like fair and sound reasoning to me. But thank you for enlightening me about the evidently incontestable fact that there is only one correct approach to voting.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #35
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

mark lenders
Tag is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #36
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

People wonder why we usually don't vote on mods... Let's all calm down a bit

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 05-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #37
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooCooCachoo View Post
I would say that my votes are not endorsements for anyone, but rather votes of no confidence in the two posters I didn't vote for.

I don't know a lot of these posters and they might not be fit for the job. You have a higher profile than most of them and based on the lack of even-handedness and seriousness in your posts (at least in GM) I don't think you should have been considered. This is not to say that I think your contributions are nil. But posters with a track record of disruptions and infractions should have been barred from running (and I imagine this will include some of the people I voted for).

Anyways, you are a main contender in the poll, so you may get to allay my concerns.
You must be confusing me with someone else. I've been on the forum for more than a year now and almost 10k post and I've never been banned and I have one infraction during this period - when I and another poster were insultng each other in a thread in jest (not even a legit infraction). If I had to take a guess, I'd say this is a better 'disciplinary' record than most other candidates here, not to mention people jumping on high horses claiming that me being a moderator would be the end of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
I'm still campaigning for Viruzzz. Well it is nice Lenders is a good person outside of GM, who can be objective...but he doesn't show it when he posts . It's his choice to put himself out their as a Ferrer hater. That is all I think of, when I think of you Lenders.

If I actually got to see objective Lenders maybe I would change my sig. But for now Viruzzz is most certainly the best option.

Edit: honestly the only two others who could get it are Jverweij and Punky. My chap Jverweij is really mature and has a psychological background so obviously he can be waaaay more objective then most. Also Punky because she is active and also is really keyed into emotions and is great at asking questions!
And here lies the problem. You think Viruzz is the best candidate? Great, vote for him. But you and 'Federer in 2' have basically turned this into a campaign-driven popularity contest. By doing that, you ensured that only Viruzz and I are potential winners, you basically ended the chances of the other eight contestants. I can keep up with Viruzz with no campaigning (for now at least, probably won't last long), the other 8 contestants can't.

This is not supposed to be a popularity contest and you turned it into one. Atm, there are 58 people who haven't voted for Viruzz, do you see any of them campaigning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Ok people, we all seriously need to relax a bit here.
Lenders is a little trolly in GM and sometimes yeah, we can consider him a poster who can be a little "un-reasonable" with some topics like Del Potro's secret love-relationship with Ferrer.

But he doesn't deserve so much of this "anti-hype", if you want to vote for me because you consider me a good option for an appeal mod, fine, i'm glad and i'm happy about that.
But don't vote for me for beeing the "Anti-Lenders", I like him, he's a great guy, and yeah, I agree with (I think it was Joe) who said that Lenders is a really reasonable poster off-forum.
We've talked sometimes (I think we should do it more, because of what I said before, he's a great and cool guy) and he's a senseful and mature person.

If you want to do this kind of "campaign", fine, I won't say anything negative about that (I think this isn't a pop-con thing and this is a little out of order tho) , but if you do so, do it because you think i'm a good thing for the forum and you consider I'd do this job properly, not because of Lenders not beeing the app-mod, he'd do great here.

So, do whatever you think it's better for the forum, i'm going to sleep now, I only logged in because one of my friends sent me a Facebook message saying "DOOOD, YERRR WINNIN'" and I seriously don't want to win because of "making someone lose". There are GREAT people here appealing for this thing.

Off to sleep, I couldn't watch Fed's match but it wasn't exactly a good thing returning here and see Tommy Haas lose and realising Fed lost in R3, god damnit.

Well... It seems nobody's gonna stop Ra...Tsonga now.
Great post I know you didn't promote it but this 'campaign' has destroyed the voting process basically. The other 8 posters have been left with no chance whatsover, and it's basically I against you as a sort of representative of non-Lenders. That said, I doubt I'll be able to keep up. I'm sure you'll do a great job though

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #38
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, come on Len... The only one who is losing here it's me, they'd start calling me "Captain of Team Vulture".
Old 05-10-2013, 01:43 AM   #39
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

It's not that important to get all wound up about it...?

ps. I voted for Viruzzz because he seems out of all the options to be the most balanced, level-headed poster.

Last edited by Han Solo : 05-10-2013 at 01:45 AM. Reason: reason
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 03:32 AM   #40
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I didnt realise you could vote for more than one. Some people I don't know, so no offence to those I didn't vote for.
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #41
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Of course Lenders would dramatize over this.
I'm sure no one saw Kowchi's or Federer in 2's signature and just said "Oh look, they want me to vote for viruzzz, so I'm just gonna do that without even thinking if I want to do it."
If anything, their campaigning might have brought more people in this thread, who then probably all looked at the list and chose the option that's best for them. But yes of course, having an excuse ready is never a bad thing, eh Lenders?

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #42
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, I voted for viruzzz and was encouraging people to do the same in my sig because I think he is the right man for the job. He is very involved in the forum, and at the same time he has always been very balanced and wise. Would love to see him as a moderator.

Secondly, so what if the other reason I'm doing it is to prevent Lenders from winning? Everybody acts like it violates the 'rules of sportsmanship' or something, but it's completely legitimate. Doesn't a member have a right to be against somebody in the elections?
I should also point out that it's extremely naive to think that the fact I recommended viruzzz in my sig really makes any difference. The people who were informed about this poll via my sig would have voted for the same person they did vote for, regardless of what I wrote. It is simply a tool to make GM posters actually know about the existence of this election, which would make this whole thing more legitimate.

I would be very happy to know that Lenders is a real stand up guy, but bottom line is I don't want someone with his posting history running a board where I'm a member. Someone who has been hating on a player to the highest extent that has ever been seen on MTF, who has hinted about him possibly doping, and who's posts have been biased and often disrespectful for god knows how long now, is simply not qualified.

And last two things I just wanna point out to avoid unnecessary questions:

1. Lenders is not the only one in the poll who cannot be considered a legitimate contender by my standards. In fact, there is at least one person who's candidacy is by far more ridiculous than Lenders' (he knows who he is). The reason Lenders was getting all the attention is because he was leading the poll.
2. A lot of the things that I said about Lenders are certainly valid for me too, since my posts have been biased and filled with hate on many occasions. The difference is, I had enough self respect not to apply for this poll.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #43
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Of course Lenders would dramatize over this.
I'm sure no one saw Kowchi's or Federer in 2's signature and just said "Oh look, they want me to vote for viruzzz, so I'm just gonna do that without even thinking if I want to do it."
If anything, their campaigning might have brought more people in this thread, who then probably all looked at the list and chose the option that's best for them. But yes of course, having an excuse ready is never a bad thing, eh Lenders?
Beat me to it. Exactly the same words:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer in 2 View Post
First of all, I voted for viruzzz and was encouraging people to do the same in my sig because I think he is the right man for the job. He is very involved in the forum, and at the same time he has always been very balanced and wise. Would love to see him as a moderator.

Secondly, so what if the other reason I'm doing it is to prevent Lenders from winning? Everybody acts like it violates the 'rules of sportsmanship' or something, but it's completely legitimate. Doesn't a member have a right to be against somebody in the elections?
I should also point out that it's extremely naive to think that the fact I recommended viruzzz in my sig really makes any difference. The people who were informed about this poll via my sig would have voted for the same person they did vote for, regardless of what I wrote. It is simply a tool to make GM posters actually know about the existence of this election, which would make this whole thing more legitimate.

I would be very happy to know that Lenders is a real stand up guy, but bottom line is I don't want someone with his posting history running a board where I'm a member. Someone who has been hating on a player to the highest extent that has ever been seen on MTF, who has hinted about him possibly doping, and who's posts have been biased and often disrespectful for god knows how long now, is simply not qualified.

And last two things I just wanna point out to avoid unnecessary questions:

1. Lenders is not the only one in the poll who cannot be considered a legitimate contender by my standards. In fact, there is at least one person who's candidacy is by far more ridiculous than Lenders' (he knows who he is). The reason Lenders was getting all the attention is because he was leading the poll.
2. A lot of the things that I said about Lenders are certainly valid for me too, since my posts have been biased and filled with hate on many occasions. The difference is, I had enough self respect not to apply for this poll.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #44
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Federer in 2 has too much time on his hands. The fact that he thinks Lenders would ruin the forum is laughable.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #45
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

That the 2012 ACC contender Lenders has 48 votes here is an absolute disgrace, the guy is not only very biased tennis wise but is also deliberately trolling 70% of the time. (And if you call him on it, he starts whining and desperately defends his nonsensical trolling posts.)

I do hope the moderation team takes into account user personality and posting history when making their decision.
Quote:
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread