Vote to select the new appeal moderator - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Please select from among the following members

Freak3yman84 26 11.56%
viruzzz 78 34.67%
Jverweij 22 9.78%
The Bulldog 40 17.78%
djokovicgonzalez 35 15.56%
Mark Lenders 68 30.22%
Punky 44 19.56%
Goldenoldie 84 37.33%
Prodigy. 21 9.33%
Wing Man Frank 9 4.00%
orangehat 31 13.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #16
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vote to select the new appeal moderator

Nothing personal, but guys like WMF, Prodigy and Lenders have had way too many 'fights' and disputes with members of this board. It would be very awkward whenever they need to deal with an appeal from a poster they just had an intense trolling match with.

Viruzzz, Punky and The Bulldog are by far the only valid choices imo (keep in mind that there are 2-3 people in the poll I'm not really familiar with). Viruzzz takes it in no time if it was up to me.

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #17
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer in 2 View Post
Nothing personal, but guys like WMF, Prodigy and Lenders have had way too many 'fights' and disputes with members of this board. It would be very awkward whenever they need to deal with an appeal from a poster they just had an intense trolling match with.

Viruzzz, Punky and The Bulldog are by far the only valid choices imo (keep in mind that there are 2-3 people in the poll I'm not really familiar with). Viruzzz takes it in no time if it was up to me.
Thank you

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

Lneders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is online now View My Blog!  
Old 05-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #18
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

i see this becoming a popularity contest with a great candidate lenders being shunned and viruzzz promoted .

Last edited by Thanos : 05-09-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #19
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

I would have preferred it if everyone could only pick 1 person, instead of loads tbh. Also people should not be able to vote for themselves. I disagree with posters saying candidates should be excluded. We get the appeal moderator that gets the most votes. Purely democratic, no need to filter anyone out in advance.

"a place for vultures and mugs to express their opinions about other vultures and mugs"
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #20
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
i see this becoming a popularity contest with a great candidate lenders being shunned and viruzzz promoted .
Not shunning Lenders, I just realize that he has some issues he may need to iron out before he should become a mod.

And I'm promoting Viruzzz because he would make a good mod, not because he is popular.

Lneders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #21
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
I would have preferred it if everyone could only pick 1 person, instead of loads tbh. Also people should not be able to vote for themselves. I disagree with posters saying candidates should be excluded. We get the appeal moderator that gets the most votes. Purely democratic, no need to filter anyone out in advance.
That's why i have voted for you, coz you have common sense.

fully agree with the remarks. what is the point of having guys voting for 8 out of 10 options? it's ridiculous.

You chose one, the one you believe is the best among the listed and at the end we count the votes.

p.s. thank God there weren't election campains prior to the vote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #22

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post

fully agree with the remarks. what is the point of having guys voting for 8 out of 10 options? it's ridiculous.

You chose one, the one you believe is the best among the listed and at the end we count the votes.

Oh I think there were.

ROGER FEDERER

Quote:
Quote:
#NoBiasTho
Old 05-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #23
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

NID that this would turn in to a popularity contest. Federer in 2 should be banned for disrupting the poll campaign. I'm sure if Viruzz wants to campaign he can do it himself.

I'm sure whoever gets the appeal mod position won't judge each poster who appeals based on the Tennis players they support. Whilst Lenders might 'hate' Ferrer, normally users being banned will have nothing to do with Ferrer and Lender's is an intelligent enough guy to see past who an appealer supports. Trust me, I talk to him outside of MTF and he is an intelligent objective guy, don't let his GM posts try and put you off.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #24

Well then, if I'm gonna get banned, surely I should appeal that ban. Now who should I send my appeal to? Probably not Prodigy, he is the one who got me banned in the first place

Let's have viruzzz as the appeal mod!

ROGER FEDERER

Quote:
Quote:
#NoBiasTho
Old 05-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #25
country flag Kowchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
NID that this would turn in to a popularity contest. Federer in 2 should be banned for disrupting the poll campaign. I'm sure if Viruzz wants to campaign he can do it himself.

I'm sure whoever gets the appeal mod position won't judge each poster who appeals based on the Tennis players they support. Whilst Lenders might 'hate' Ferrer, normally users being banned will have nothing to do with Ferrer and Lender's is an intelligent enough guy to see past who an appealer supports. Trust me, I talk to him outside of MTF and he is an intelligent objective guy, don't let his GM posts try and put you off.
I'm still campaigning for Viruzzz. Well it is nice Lenders is a good person outside of GM, who can be objective...but he doesn't show it when he posts . It's his choice to put himself out their as a Ferrer hater. That is all I think of, when I think of you Lenders.

If I actually got to see objective Lenders maybe I would change my sig. But for now Viruzzz is most certainly the best option.

Edit: honestly the only two others who could get it are Jverweij and Punky. My chap Jverweij is really mature and has a psychological background so obviously he can be waaaay more objective then most. Also Punky because she is active and also is really keyed into emotions and is great at asking questions!

Last edited by Kowchi : 05-09-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #26
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
I just checked the votes and you voted for 8 out of the 10 candidates - surely, unless you voted for the sake of it, it means that you can't be that displeased with the list, seen as how it contains no less than 8 people (80%) that you consider 'fit for the job'.

By the same token, there are people who consider some of those 8 'not fit for the job', while they consider the other two fit. That's why it'd have been highly illogical to 'weed out' unfit posters, because that's a highly subjective opinion - I'm sure you could find at least one person (probably more) who'd consider each of the 10 candidates 'unfit'. Each different voter has different parameters of what they consider 'fit for the job', hence why including every applicant in the poll is the right decision.
I would say that my votes are not endorsements for anyone, but rather votes of no confidence in the two posters I didn't vote for.

I don't know a lot of these posters and they might not be fit for the job. You have a higher profile than most of them and based on the lack of even-handedness and seriousness in your posts (at least in GM) I don't think you should have been considered. This is not to say that I think your contributions are nil. But posters with a track record of disruptions and infractions should have been barred from running (and I imagine this will include some of the people I voted for).

Anyways, you are a main contender in the poll, so you may get to allay my concerns.

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #27
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

I think Lenders, Viruz, Jverweij and the Bulldog are all good options.

But I vote for Lenders.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #28
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post

thanks

"a place for vultures and mugs to express their opinions about other vultures and mugs"
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #29
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Ok people, we all seriously need to relax a bit here.
Lenders is a little trolly in GM and sometimes yeah, we can consider him a poster who can be a little "un-reasonable" with some topics like Del Potro's secret love-relationship with Ferrer.

But he doesn't deserve so much of this "anti-hype", if you want to vote for me because you consider me a good option for an appeal mod, fine, i'm glad and i'm happy about that.
But don't vote for me for beeing the "Anti-Lenders", I like him, he's a great guy, and yeah, I agree with (I think it was Joe) who said that Lenders is a really reasonable poster off-forum.
We've talked sometimes (I think we should do it more, because of what I said before, he's a great and cool guy) and he's a senseful and mature person.

If you want to do this kind of "campaign", fine, I won't say anything negative about that (I think this isn't a pop-con thing and this is a little out of order tho) , but if you do so, do it because you think i'm a good thing for the forum and you consider I'd do this job properly, not because of Lenders not beeing the app-mod, he'd do great here.

So, do whatever you think it's better for the forum, i'm going to sleep now, I only logged in because one of my friends sent me a Facebook message saying "DOOOD, YERRR WINNIN'" and I seriously don't want to win because of "making someone lose". There are GREAT people here appealing for this thing.

Off to sleep, I couldn't watch Fed's match but it wasn't exactly a good thing returning here and see Tommy Haas lose and realising Fed lost in R3, god damnit.

Well... It seems nobody's gonna stop Ra...Tsonga now.
Harrison - Soderling - Wawrinka - Dimitrov - Davydenko - Russell - Andreev - Stebe - Haas - Schwank - Kuznetsov - Goffin

THE STRONGAWAGON
MTF BIOS

Want to talk tennis or random stuff? Add me to the tennis-related Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnny.viruz
viruzzz is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #30
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

It's ridiculous giving people the option to vote for EIGHT!! users. This gives people the capacity to avoid voting for someone they don't like instead of voting for the one they think it's the right choice. No common sense whatsoever.

Joke of a poll.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread