the ultimate question! lets hear the theories - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-29-2005, 10:41 AM   #31
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the ultimate question! lets hear the theories

Andy's verbal praising & clapping thing causes him not to try to go for
seemingly-impossible-to-get shots, and he missed some stretch volleys because he was already preparing himself to clap for low passing shots.

Perhaps he should stop trying to be everything to everyone in the media and audience.
He should change by working all day on his game instead of partying at night.
He's deeply humiliated and the matches showed his low pain tolerance.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2005, 11:59 AM   #32
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ
They said on ESPN that he had a pretty bad argument with the tournee referee --- anyone know what that was all about?
did he? all i know is he said something to the umpire about the person in the crowd who shouted out as he was serving

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

It is your turn to help - The "Save A Muppet Foundation" needs you!
roisin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 03:38 PM   #33
country flag k-rod83

k-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond reputek-rod83 has a reputation beyond repute

cos he was taking his time in the lockerroom, they asked him to hurry up and he didnt like it
k-rod83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 03:44 PM   #34
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterQ
They said on ESPN that he had a pretty bad argument with the tournee referee --- anyone know what that was all about?
From the descriptions all the ESPN people gave both during his match and last night during the women's match, Andy told the ump he was going to take his break or whatever, he was taking a very long time so the tournament referee had to go in and get him and I guess when he found him, he was sitting there without his shoes and socks. We have Andy's side of the story from his press conference, but according to the ESPN people he was extremely rude and they considered fining him for it. It's extremely disappointing

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:25 PM   #35
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

This gets more and more bizarre!

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:40 PM   #36
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why I'm saying this as it sounds stupid even to me but he might need a steady girlfriend now. He was probably better off when in a relationship, more confident and generally less frustated...if it means that Andy can play better, bring that candy moore or whoever back.

I wonder what would happen to Roger if he breaks up with his girlfriend. Do you think it would affect his game?
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:42 PM   #37
country flag roisin

roisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond reputeroisin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
From the descriptions all the ESPN people gave both during his match and last night during the women's match, Andy told the ump he was going to take his break or whatever, he was taking a very long time so the tournament referee had to go in and get him and I guess when he found him, he was sitting there without his shoes and socks. We have Andy's side of the story from his press conference, but according to the ESPN people he was extremely rude and they considered fining him for it. It's extremely disappointing
someone in GM said that when the tournament ref came in andy didnt have his shoes on and andy was told to hurry and he said something like u put on my other shoe and it'll be quicker or something.

One muppet, who wishes to remain anonymous, has this to say: "You know, I uhhhh cannot stay all the time at the you know, base of the line. Too much uhhhh pression."

Old 01-29-2005, 05:07 PM   #38
country flag graceless

graceless has a reputation beyond reputegraceless has a reputation beyond reputegraceless has a reputation beyond reputegraceless has a reputation beyond reputegraceless has a reputation beyond reputegraceless has a reputation beyond reputegraceless has a reputation beyond reputegraceless has a reputation beyond reputegraceless has a reputation beyond reputegraceless has a reputation beyond reputegraceless has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everybody - this is my first post...been lurking a little. I want to say first that ya'll crack me up!! Now to the posting...

I've never been so disappointed in a Roddick performance. I've followed his career since he turned pro, and he's had his moments, but what the hell happened last night?? Usually after a loss he has the ability to say he left it all out there - that he gave it everything he had. But he stopped giving it about halfway through the third. Makes me want to grab his his ears and shake him.

Why is it that he has the talent, the potential to get better, a serve that still beats most of the tour, and yet no belief in his own abilities? What is it that undermines his mental state? Tennis is mostly a mental game - you can be the most talented person out there, but if you don't think you can make the shot, you won't. Period.

I wondered at points during the AO if Brad's presence as an ESPN commentator would be an issue - his USC/Oklahoma comment made me boil. It obviously shouldn't be an issue - as an athlete, Andy should be above such petty things, but I could understand if it was a problem. Brad obviously has the right to take whatever job he wants, but he should refrain from making comments re: Andy like that. None of us are stupid; we know there was more to the end of that relationship than we were privy to - don't exploit it. Not only is it unfair, it's juvenile.

Speaking of juvenile, I agree with Debstah. What up with the shoes and socks? And his comment to the tourney ref about him helping Andy by tying one shoe to save time?? He'd better never pull that crap again - he's never resorted to such antics before - I'd like to never see it again. I'd agree wholeheartedly if they did fine him.

The thing about Andy that made me a fan of Andy was his love of the game...that all consuming passion on the court. I didn't see it last night - I haven't seen it in a while. Is it gone? Is it hiding? Maybe he spent it all that first summer with Brad. Perhaps Dean can find it...I hope so. I miss it.

Anyway - sorry for all my words...I talk a lot!!
graceless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:39 PM   #39
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
Call me a freak or whatever but, what if you or anyone were in his place?
Sorry, but I would be very dissapointed, sad and angry at myself. I'm sure Andy was aswell. Okay, now you're gonna tell me that you NEVER EVER were rude to someone just because you were in a bitchy mood? Because I did. And maybe you don't really mean it but you just say it. I won't believe anyone that tells me that they have never been through that before.
If anyone is nice enough could you tell me how does it feel afterwards? When you get to think about it?
Andy is human. It was certainly not the most appropiate (sp?) thing to do, I know, but give the guy a break. The loss is dissapointing enough itself. Do we really need to go on over THIS now? Please.

I know you will not agree but I just had to say it.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:50 PM   #40
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

lol Carito. I know I've been bitchy. Maybe other's haven't.

Anyway, this started out as a fun loving thread. I don't know how people got so damn serious.

Maybe the ultimate questions is: Why couldn't Andy get his shoes and socks on all by himself?

Or....... Why don't they change the rules to let players take as long as the goddamn well want to change their clothes?
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:51 PM   #41
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Graceless. Welcome.

That was a nice first post.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 05:54 PM   #42
country flag roisin

Quote:
Maybe the ultimate questions is: Why couldn't Andy get his shoes and socks on all by himself?
maybe he couldn't reach over the beer belly

or maybe it took him longer cos dean wasnt there to do it for him

Old 01-29-2005, 05:57 PM   #43
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roisin
or maybe it took him longer cos dean wasnt there to do it for him
Man, I thought I had read "it took him longer cos dean wasn't there to do him" Me and my naughty mind
Old 01-29-2005, 06:06 PM   #44
country flag roisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carito_90
Man, I thought I had read "it took him longer cos dean wasn't there to do him" Me and my naughty mind
ok well that could also be an option

Old 01-29-2005, 06:11 PM   #45
country flag Carito_90

Quote:
Originally Posted by roisin
ok well that could also be an option
Dean and Andy? I love dean but what about Mardy? I like that one better