John Tomic allegedly arrested for breaking nose on Bernie's HP - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #121
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Tomic allegedly arrested for breaking nose on Bernie's HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
A fracture vertebrae in result of this, it's some serious brute force. I can imagine him losing consciousness on impact and fell to the floor, we know how dangerous that can be, hitting your head on a concrete floor. If he didn't get a concussion out of this, he's lucky. I feel sorry for this guy. If John Tomic doesn't get banned from ATP and if he remains to be Tomic's coach, this Thomas guy is most certainly out of a job too.
I can see the force knocking him out, and I can see that he might have been on the ground for 20 minutes, but usually if someone is unconscious for 20 minutes, they have no recollection of what has happened just previous to the blow. This fellow seems to have excellent recall of the whole thing. It's a little confusing to me.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 08:31 PM   #122
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I can see the force knocking him out, and I can see that he might have been on the ground for 20 minutes, but usually if someone is unconscious for 20 minutes, they have no recollection of what has happened just previous to the blow. This fellow seems to have excellent recall of the whole thing. It's a little confusing to me.
I don't know what is the usual response of ppl to such brute force, I guess you are right but I guess there's exception? I don't know. But it's a fact that he's out cold for a certain minutes, I suppose. And what he said seem to be in line with what other witnesses had said.

Just last week, there was this guy who's was a referee on a high school soccer team, in a match he gave a yellow card to a player, that player who's 17 years old, punch him on the side of his head when arguing with this referee. The referee went into a coma and dead a week later. Just one punch and he's dead. You just cannot underestimate how much damage such brute force can cause.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #123
country flag Rick Rude

Rick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond reputeRick Rude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronga23 View Post
Why and the hell would they ban Bernard???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
It's not his fault if his father's an idiot. Give Bernard time, I'm sure he will drive over the speed limit again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jverweij View Post
Fining Bernard for this would be unbelievably unfair.
Quote:
I'm not quite understanding how Bernard would be penalized for his father's actions.
From the ATP Rulebook............

VIII. THE CODE
8.04 Player Major Offenses/Procedures
A. Offenses

2) Conduct Contrary to the Integrity of the Game

The favorable reputation of the ATP, its tournaments and players is a valuable asset and creates tangible benefits for all ATP members. Accordingly, it is an obligation for ATP players, their coaches and family members to refrain from engaging in conduct contrary to the integrity of the game of tennis. Conduct contrary to the integrity of the game shall include, but not be limited to, comments to the news media that unreasonably attack or disparage a tournament, sponsor, player, official or the ATP. Responsible expressions of legitimate disagreement with ATP policies are not prohibited. However, public comments that one of the stated persons above knows, or should reasonably know, will harm the reputation or financial best interests of a tournament, player, sponsor, official or the ATP are expressly covered by this section.

Violation of this section shall subject the player to a fine of up to $100,000 and/or suspension from play in ATP World Tour or ATP Challenger Tour tournaments for a period of up to three (3) years.
Rick Rude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #124
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

See you in 3 years Bernard.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #125
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm not quite understanding how Bernard would be penalized for his father's actions. I guess the idea is that a player is responsible for the actions of a member of his team? Not sure about that.

If the investigation shows John Tomic did what was alleged, I do think he should be banned from the tour for awhile.
First and foremost, he should be jailed for this.
retister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #126
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon language View Post
Also head butting someone so hard they are unconscious for 20 minutes. It's rare to see someone knocked out for that long from anything. I hope Drouet is seeing a neurologist.
Aye, that's the point. If one pulls it out "properly" (so to say), head-but can do serious damage. John looks like a big guy, so it only makes it worse.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #127
country flag Gliese581

Gliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond reputeGliese581 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not believe that anyone ever accused Bernad of being a jerk to his fans. The problem with him is his massive ego and poor work ethic. I guess now we see where some of that comes from. Bernard's father could join some of the legendary fathers of the sport like Maria Sharapova's dad.
Gliese581 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #128
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Tennis Fan View Post
In some ways that is shocking but in other ways not that shocking. There is obviously a love-hate relationship between the two of them and so the suggestion that there is an abusive angle to their relationship isn't that surprising. It would also go a long way to explaining Bernie's, at times, awful attitude.
It actually explains a whole lot about the B-Nard.

"Thank you very much for letting me win"
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #129
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
Tensions were already high, he said. He said he saw Tomic Sr punch Bernard in the mouth during a practice session last Tuesday, leaving the player in tears.

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #130
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
“He spat in my face, then walked away, and said he wouldn’t pay me any more,” Drouet said.

This needs to be made into a TV movie

HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Old 05-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #131
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcess81 View Post
From Tennis.com:

Report: Tomic told police his father assaulted hitting partner

The Spanish wire service EFE reports that Bernard Tomic admitted to Spanish police that it was indeed his father, John, who assaulted his hitting partner, Thomas Drouet. The incident occurred in Madrid on Saturday at 3:40 PM on a street outside of a player hotel.

Drouet was found laying on the sidewalk bleeding after John Tomic allegedly headbutted him, knocking him out cold for 20 minutes.

EFE reports that the police interviewed Bernard, who told them that it was his father who headbutted Drouet. The police then went into the hotel and arrested John. However, L’Equipe reported that Bernard told police that he was not around at the time of the incident.

John Tomic is no longer under arrest, but must stay in Spain for his court hearing, which was supposed to be on Monday.

The Herald Sun reported that Drouet said he had been treated like a “dog” and a “piece of s---” by John Tomic for months. Drouet also said that after John demanded he buy him a carton of milk before they were heading to the airport, Drouet said he didn’t have time, which lead to the assault.

“He spat in my face, then walked away, and said he wouldn’t pay me any more,” Drouet said. “I said, ‘OK, John, you are a real man. That’s fine. Bernard will pay me’. And he head-butted me. Every day he treat me like a dog for six months, with disrespect and then this. But he need to be off the ATP.”

Drouet also alleged to the newspaper that John Tomic had punched Bernard in the mouth during a practice session last Tuesday, leaving the player in tears. John Tomic told The Age that he wasn’t guilty and was acting in self-defense.

Former Aussie standout Neal Fraser told The Age, “It’s disgraceful. I’d like to know more of the details…it’s what you could say is another hiccup on the path of Bernie’s road to wherever he wants to go…to me it’s most un-Australian and unnecessary.”

Todd Woodbridge, Tennis Australia’s head of professional tennis, said on the radio that, “What’s important for us at Tennis Australia is that this allegation is thrown towards John, his dad, and not to Bernard.”

If John Tomic is found guilty, Bernard Tomic is subject to a fine of up to $100,000 and/or suspension from play for a period of up to three years, under ATP rules. It is unclear under what situation he could receive a lifetime ban.
Sweet Jesus H Christ! He punched Bernard in the face ?????????????????? This troll needs to be banned from tennis for life asap. I fear for Tomic's sanity if not his life I really do. This is outrageous. I can't believe it. we've made fun of Bernard's deplorable results and crappy attitude on and off court but it is now becoming very clear where the fault lies. This poor lad is clearly in a mentally and apparently physically abusive relationship with his father. It's a horrific situation. He needs to make the toughest decision he's ever made in his life and completely sever all ties with this lunatic. I feel so bad for Bernard. He's one of my faves on the tour and to see his life like this, well...This is just not right
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #132
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
The thing is, there is always something going on with Tomic and his father and it's always negative. Tomic losing his drivers license, saying stupid things in his interviews (i.e. 'I'll be the best of all time' etc.) ... big ego, big mouth ... too bad his big ego/mouth will not win him any big tournaments. now this with his father. how can a grown up 'civil' man get into this kinda situation? I hate to judge but it looks both Tomic and his dad need to 'grow up' and get serious.
When you look at Tomic's attitude, his body language, his approach to the game, you can see a majority of it is influenced by his deplorable father. Arguably the reason why the Nard called himself the "best of all time" is because that's what's expected. His father probably glued such a staggering thought into his head during his childhood, and, as a result, spawned this egocentric attitude we now see of him now. It's difficult for someone to detach themselves from a someone who has had an integral role in their career. Most of Tomic's quirks of behaviour on the tennis court is directly related to his coaching system and how he was brought up to play tennis.

"Thank you very much for letting me win"
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #133
Dmitry Verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rude View Post
From the ATP Rulebook............

VIII. THE CODE
8.04 Player Major Offenses/Procedures
A. Offenses

2) Conduct Contrary to the Integrity of the Game

The favorable reputation of the ATP, its tournaments and players is a valuable asset and creates tangible benefits for all ATP members. Accordingly, it is an obligation for ATP players, their coaches and family members to refrain from engaging in conduct contrary to the integrity of the game of tennis. Conduct contrary to the integrity of the game shall include, but not be limited to, comments to the news media that unreasonably attack or disparage a tournament, sponsor, player, official or the ATP. Responsible expressions of legitimate disagreement with ATP policies are not prohibited. However, public comments that one of the stated persons above knows, or should reasonably know, will harm the reputation or financial best interests of a tournament, player, sponsor, official or the ATP are expressly covered by this section.

Violation of this section shall subject the player to a fine of up to $100,000 and/or suspension from play in ATP World Tour or ATP Challenger Tour tournaments for a period of up to three (3) years.
That's a ridiculous rule

Old 05-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #134
Dmitry Verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanCondition View Post
When you look at Tomic's attitude, his body language, his approach to the game, you can see a majority of it is influenced by his deplorable father. Arguably the reason why the Nard called himself the "best of all time" is because that's what's expected. His father probably glued such a staggering thought into his head during his childhood, and, as a result, spawned this egocentric attitude we now see of him now. It's difficult for someone to detach themselves from a someone who has had an integral role in their career. Most of Tomic's quirks of behaviour on the tennis court is directly related to his coaching system and how he was brought up to play tennis.
Reaching, just a little.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #135
country flag Trollicki

Trollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond reputeTrollicki has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Drouet will recover from this soon. And hopefully Bernard will put some distance between himself and his father. Terrible story.
Trollicki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote