John Tomic allegedly arrested for breaking nose on Bernie's HP - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #106
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Tomic allegedly arrested for breaking nose on Bernie's HP

The thing is, there is always something going on with Tomic and his father and it's always negative. Tomic losing his drivers license, saying stupid things in his interviews (i.e. 'I'll be the best of all time' etc.) ... big ego, big mouth ... too bad his big ego/mouth will not win him any big tournaments. now this with his father. how can a grown up 'civil' man get into this kinda situation? I hate to judge but it looks both Tomic and his dad need to 'grow up' and get serious.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #107
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronga23 View Post
John Tomic is a fucking asshole innocent or not. Bernard's career will skyrocket the minute he dumps him.
Yup, it does seem like that
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #108
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Hope Bernard gets rid of this Ahole ASAP. He's a big boy already and he has enough money, he can send his dad packing if he wants to. This can't be anything but a negative influence on Tomic's tennis.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #109
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

gong show. hope doesn't affect bernie much.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:06 PM   #110
country flag zcess81

zcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond reputezcess81 has a reputation beyond repute

From Tennis.com:

Report: Tomic told police his father assaulted hitting partner

The Spanish wire service EFE reports that Bernard Tomic admitted to Spanish police that it was indeed his father, John, who assaulted his hitting partner, Thomas Drouet. The incident occurred in Madrid on Saturday at 3:40 PM on a street outside of a player hotel.

Drouet was found laying on the sidewalk bleeding after John Tomic allegedly headbutted him, knocking him out cold for 20 minutes.

EFE reports that the police interviewed Bernard, who told them that it was his father who headbutted Drouet. The police then went into the hotel and arrested John. However, L’Equipe reported that Bernard told police that he was not around at the time of the incident.

John Tomic is no longer under arrest, but must stay in Spain for his court hearing, which was supposed to be on Monday.

The Herald Sun reported that Drouet said he had been treated like a “dog” and a “piece of s---” by John Tomic for months. Drouet also said that after John demanded he buy him a carton of milk before they were heading to the airport, Drouet said he didn’t have time, which lead to the assault.

“He spat in my face, then walked away, and said he wouldn’t pay me any more,” Drouet said. “I said, ‘OK, John, you are a real man. That’s fine. Bernard will pay me’. And he head-butted me. Every day he treat me like a dog for six months, with disrespect and then this. But he need to be off the ATP.”

Drouet also alleged to the newspaper that John Tomic had punched Bernard in the mouth during a practice session last Tuesday, leaving the player in tears. John Tomic told The Age that he wasn’t guilty and was acting in self-defense.

Former Aussie standout Neal Fraser told The Age, “It’s disgraceful. I’d like to know more of the details…it’s what you could say is another hiccup on the path of Bernie’s road to wherever he wants to go…to me it’s most un-Australian and unnecessary.”

Todd Woodbridge, Tennis Australia’s head of professional tennis, said on the radio that, “What’s important for us at Tennis Australia is that this allegation is thrown towards John, his dad, and not to Bernard.”

If John Tomic is found guilty, Bernard Tomic is subject to a fine of up to $100,000 and/or suspension from play for a period of up to three years, under ATP rules. It is unclear under what situation he could receive a lifetime ban.

David Ferrer - Leyton Hewitt - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Janko Tipsarevic - Tommy Haas

AJDE NOLE!
zcess81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #111
country flag Stronga23

Stronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcess81 View Post
From Tennis.com:

The Spanish wire service EFE reports that Bernard Tomic admitted to Spanish police that it was indeed his father, John, who assaulted his hitting partner, Thomas Drouet. The incident occurred in Madrid on Saturday at 3:40 PM on a street outside of a player hotel.

Drouet was found laying on the sidewalk bleeding after John Tomic allegedly headbutted him, knocking him out cold for 20 minutes.

EFE reports that the police interviewed Bernard, who told them that it was his father who headbutted Drouet. The police then went into the hotel and arrested John. However, L’Equipe reported that Bernard told police that he was not around at the time of the incident.

John Tomic is no longer under arrest, but must stay in Spain for his court hearing, which was supposed to be on Monday.

The Herald Sun reported that Drouet said he had been treated like a “dog” and a “piece of s---” by John Tomic for months. Drouet also said that after John demanded he buy him a carton of milk before they were heading to the airport, Drouet said he didn’t have time, which lead to the assault.

“He spat in my face, then walked away, and said he wouldn’t pay me any more,” Drouet said. “I said, ‘OK, John, you are a real man. That’s fine. Bernard will pay me’. And he head-butted me. Every day he treat me like a dog for six months, with disrespect and then this. But he need to be off the ATP.”

Drouet also alleged to the newspaper that John Tomic had punched Bernard in the mouth during a practice session last Tuesday, leaving the player in tears. John Tomic told The Age that he wasn’t guilty and was acting in self-defense.

Former Aussie standout Neal Fraser told The Age, “It’s disgraceful. I’d like to know more of the details…it’s what you could say is another hiccup on the path of Bernie’s road to wherever he wants to go…to me it’s most un-Australian and unnecessary.”

Todd Woodbridge, Tennis Australia’s head of professional tennis, said on the radio that, “What’s important for us at Tennis Australia is that this allegation is thrown towards John, his dad, and not to Bernard.”

If John Tomic is found guilty, Bernard Tomic is subject to a fine of up to $100,000 and/or suspension from play for a period of up to three years, under ATP rules. It is unclear under what situation he could receive a lifetime ban.

Why and the hell would they ban Bernard???

Stronga,Monfils,DelPo,Nalbandian,Berdych,Gulbis,Ha as and Djokovic are the players I support the most.
Stronga23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #112
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcess81 View Post
From Tennis.com:

It's not his fault if his father's an idiot. Give Bernard time, I'm sure he will drive over the speed limit again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Nothing wrong with my serve technically
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #113
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
It's not his fault if his father's an idiot. Give Bernard time, I'm sure he will drive over the speed limit again.
It is Bernard's fault though if his coach is an idiot. Player's can be held responsible for the behaviour of members of his team.
Hypnotize is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #114
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Love how people are forgetting what an arrogant little shit Bernard Tomic is.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #115
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, a bit curious thing is that John head-butted Drouet. If I'm not mistaken, that's something only an experienced thug/beater would do, therefore he's probably been in a number of fights/this is mostly likely not the first time he did it.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #116
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

“He spat in my face, then walked away, and said he wouldn’t pay me any more,” Drouet said.

wow, this is so bad, sorry guys, but his dad has some serious mental issues. I feel bad for Tomic.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #117
country flag moon language

moon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Btw, a bit curious thing is that John head-butted Drouet. If I'm not mistaken, that's something only an experienced thug/beater would do, therefore he's probably been in a number of fights/this is mostly likely not the first time he did it.
Also head butting someone so hard they are unconscious for 20 minutes. It's rare to see someone knocked out for that long from anything. I hope Drouet is seeing a neurologist.
moon language is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #118
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Fining Bernard for this would be unbelievably unfair. Remember this kid has been raised by this guy. His father seems like a real piece of work, I can't imagine what Bernard had to go through in his childhood. This shit is hard enough on him right now, he is already a victim. No need to make him a financial victim aswell...

btw a big thumbs up for Drouet for standing up for himself, and for Bernard! Hope he recovers soon.

"a place for vultures and mugs to express their opinions about other vultures and mugs"
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #119
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not quite understanding how Bernard would be penalized for his father's actions. I guess the idea is that a player is responsible for the actions of a member of his team? Not sure about that.

If the investigation shows John Tomic did what was alleged, I do think he should be banned from the tour for awhile.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #120
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon language View Post
Also head butting someone so hard they are unconscious for 20 minutes. It's rare to see someone knocked out for that long from anything. I hope Drouet is seeing a neurologist.
A fracture vertebrae in result of this, it's some serious brute force. I can imagine him losing consciousness on impact and fell to the floor, we know how dangerous that can be, hitting your head on a concrete floor. If he didn't get a concussion out of this, he's lucky. I feel sorry for this guy. If John Tomic doesn't get banned from ATP and if he remains to be Tomic's coach, this Thomas guy is most certainly out of a job too.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote