John Tomic allegedly arrested for breaking nose on Bernie's HP - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #136
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: John Tomic allegedly arrested for breaking nose on Bernie's HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanCondition View Post
When you look at Tomic's attitude, his body language, his approach to the game, you can see a majority of it is influenced by his deplorable father. Arguably the reason why the Nard called himself the "best of all time" is because that's what's expected. His father probably glued such a staggering thought into his head during his childhood, and, as a result, spawned this egocentric attitude we now see of him now. It's difficult for someone to detach themselves from a someone who has had an integral role in their career. Most of Tomic's quirks of behaviour on the tennis court is directly related to his coaching system and how he was brought up to play tennis.
Bernard is his own man. Stop giving him excuses.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #137
country flag Brit Tennis Fan

Brit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rude View Post
From the ATP Rulebook............

VIII. THE CODE
8.04 Player Major Offenses/Procedures
A. Offenses

2) Conduct Contrary to the Integrity of the Game

The favorable reputation of the ATP, its tournaments and players is a valuable asset and creates tangible benefits for all ATP members. Accordingly, it is an obligation for ATP players, their coaches and family members to refrain from engaging in conduct contrary to the integrity of the game of tennis. Conduct contrary to the integrity of the game shall include, but not be limited to, comments to the news media that unreasonably attack or disparage a tournament, sponsor, player, official or the ATP. Responsible expressions of legitimate disagreement with ATP policies are not prohibited. However, public comments that one of the stated persons above knows, or should reasonably know, will harm the reputation or financial best interests of a tournament, player, sponsor, official or the ATP are expressly covered by this section.

Violation of this section shall subject the player to a fine of up to $100,000 and/or suspension from play in ATP World Tour or ATP Challenger Tour tournaments for a period of up to three (3) years.
It is right and proper that players can be held accountable for what their team and/or family do at ATP events but my guess is that punishment would only be forthcoming in certain circumstances. In a case like this where it is quite possible that the player in question is the victim of an abusive parent I seriously doubt that he would be punished.
Brit Tennis Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #138
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Bernard is his own man. Stop giving him excuses.
What a thought-provoking response. You clearly have no understanding of psychology and how peer pressure can indirectly change and influence one's behaviour throughout their lifetime. Of course the Nard is no saint here; he's done plenty wrong and can make his own decisions, but to ignorantly come out and say "Tomic, change things up right now" is naive thinking.

"Thank you very much for letting me win"
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #139
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What a thought-provoking response. You clearly have no understanding of psychology and how peer pressure can indirectly change and influence one's behaviour throughout their lifetime. Of course the Nard is no saint here; he's done plenty wrong and can make his own decisions, but to ignorantly come out and say "Tomic, change things up right now" is naive thinking.
He is not a 13 year old child.

You have clearly picked up a book called 'Psychology for Dummies' and read about Stockholm Syndrome and somehow think it applies here.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #140
country flag Stronga23

Stronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You have clearly picked up a book called 'Psychology for Dummies' and read about Stockholm Syndrome and somehow think it applies here.
You are clearly a Tomic hater. Just admit it.

Stronga,Monfils,DelPo,Nalbandian,Berdych,Gulbis,Ha as and Djokovic are the players I support the most.
Stronga23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #141
country flag Brit Tennis Fan

Brit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yep, It is hard to underestimate the damage that an abusive parent can do. Obviously we are speculating, we don't know the facts, but John Tomic is clearly a very strong and domineering individual who has had a huge impact on Bernie's life. Whatever the truth is, and I doubt we will ever really know, Bernie needs to make a clean break. Of course that is very easy for us to say but much, much harder for Bernie to do.
Brit Tennis Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #142
country flag deyaT87

deyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond reputedeyaT87 has a reputation beyond repute

wtf?!!!
Really don't know what to say, Tomic's dad should be lifetime removed from tennis, really disgusting behavior
Bernard should hire the other coach, immediately
Poor guy,hope he recover soon
deyaT87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #143
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Do you have any remote understanding how peer groups can indirectly shape one's attitude and behaviour? I've done extensive research into the subject (I am a psychology major) and for you to mindlessly disagree, citing "he is not a 13 year old child" as your only argument, shows more about your lack of understanding than anything else. I've witnessed this firsthand; parenting is instrumental in our development as children. There is endless complexities at hand - some people's whole behavioural framework is worked around how they were brought up and by whom.

Stop arguing on an issue you've got little knowledge of. And to think somebody of your nature could potentially moderate the forum. Scary.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #144
Banned!

Quote:
Do you have any remote understanding how peer groups can indirectly shape one's attitude and behaviour? I've done extensive research into the subject (I am a psychology major) and for you to mindlessly disagree, citing "he is not a 13 year old child" as your only argument, shows more about your lack of understanding than anything else. I've witnessed this firsthand; parenting is instrumental in our development as children. There is endless complexities at hand - some people's whole behavioural framework is worked around how they were brought up and by whom.

Stop arguing on an issue you've got little knowledge of. And to think somebody of your nature could potentially moderate the forum. Scary.
You are biased, incapable of being objective and clearly know zero on the subject matter at hand. Stop reading your pop psychology books and get out into the real world.

Problem with you "psychologists" (if you even are one) is that everything is an excuse or a justification.

Please explain in-depth how Tomic's behaviour both off and on court when his father is not around also happens to be John's fault.

Can't wait to hear this.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #145
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis player Thomas Drouet of Monaco, training partner of Australian tennis player Bernard Tomic, leaves a court house bandaged and wearing a neck brace in Madrid on May 6, 2013. Drouet was allegedly headbutted by Tomic's father and coach, John Tomic, during an altercation on May 4, 2013 in Madrid. The court set a May 14 hearing for a judge to decide John Tomic's guilt or innocence.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #146
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #147
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

Quote:
You are biased, incapable of being objective and clearly know zero on the subject matter at hand.
Me biased? I'm sorry, who is the one who mindlessly makes the inept and shallow statement that Tomic should "just make his own decisions and grow up?". Wow, where to begin with such an intelligent, sophisticated and astute response! This is superficial thinking for those who clearly have an incompetent understanding on the issue we're discussing. Please elaborate how I am "incapable of being objective". I'm the one trying to dissect the situation rationally and you are the only providing half-witted, dumbfounded "suggestions" like "grow up and make your own choices". Life isn't that simple, pal.

Quote:
Stop reading your pop psychology books and get out into the real world.
This is what I do for a living and you know what? Reality disagrees with you. I've witnessed the instrumental effect of parenting and peer pressure firsthand. I've seen how a dysfunctional and taxing childhood can indirectly shape the behavioural framework of a grown indivisual. Am I saying these people are incapable of making choices? No. They CAN fix their problems, but some problems are much more complex and intricate. Not like I'd expect you to understand that.

Quote:
Problem with you "psychologists" (if you even are one) is that everything is an excuse or a justification.
I'm not a psychologist (I majored in it), but from your post, I am getting some implication that you've had a bad, somewhat unsteady history with shrinks. You clearly do not understand what the subject entails. I am providing a plausible and rational theory on why Tomic is the way he is. You are ineptly telling him to "grow up and make his own decisions" - what are you doing? Trying to give the illusion of being pragmatic, experienced, realistic? It's this type of superficial, shallow thinking that worries me, especially if you want to moderate this forum.

Quote:
Please explain in-depth how Tomic's behaviour both off and on court when his father is not around also happens to be John's fault.
As I said earlier, Tomic is not incapable of making his own decisions and attempting to change his behaviour. He can. However, there are certain traits and features within his behavioural framework that can not just "change", like that, overnight. But I already see something awfully problematic with your post. Just because Tomic does something irrational without his father's physical presence doesn't mean it's not John's fault. This is all speculative at this point, but clearly John is an aggressive, determined and bellicose indivisual (from what we've heard and seen). Tomic must have grown up with this type of assertiveness, and has an underlying obligation to try and win and become, as he notoriously pointed out, "the best of all time". This type of unparalleled pressure can build up and be behaviourally released in many different ways. This is a psychological fact.

And you still don't understand my point. I can not analyse the merit of Tomic's behaviour since there is a large handful of insufficient details. It's a theory. My initial point, which you are ignorantly overlooking, is that to place the full blame on Tomic, and not even accepting the fact that parents and childhood development can have an instrumental and integral effect on your mental health as an adult is ignorant and shallow. I am in no position to judge Tomic's behaviour and understand the psychological intent. I am telling you that you are merely dead wrong in thinking, as I just said, not even accepting the fact that parents and childhood development can have an instrumental and integral effect on your mental health as an adult. But it's obvious his father is an assertive person and many of Tomic's existing problems could be directly related to his upbringing and all the variables within.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #148
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Wow John also hits Bernie?
The rumour is that Bernie grew up being intimidated by his father, who also abused officials at junior toutrnaments in Australia, shouted at his opponents, verbally abused parents, was the parent from hell - to which TA turned a blind eye to because Bernard had more talent than other players. There is a clear line through Bernie's career, including a match against Matosevic where John pulled Tomic off court, of arrogance and buulying behaviour by his father.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #149
Banned!

Quote:
Me biased? I'm sorry, who is the one who mindlessly makes the inept and shallow statement that Tomic should "just make his own decisions and grow up?". Wow, where to begin with such an intelligent, sophisticated and astute response! This is superficial thinking for those who clearly have an incompetent understanding on the issue we're discussing. Please elaborate how I am "incapable of being objective". I'm the one trying to dissect the situation rationally and you are the only providing half-witted, dumbfounded "suggestions" like "grow up and make your own choices". Life isn't that simple, pal.
Look at the avatar on the left of every post you make. That is how we all know you are incapable of being objective and unbiased.

Quote:
This is what I do for a living and you know what? Reality disagrees with you. I've witnessed the instrumental effect of parenting and peer pressure firsthand. I've seen how a dysfunctional and taxing childhood can indirectly shape the behavioural framework of a grown indivisual. Am I saying these people are incapable of making choices? No. They CAN fix their problems, but some problems are much more complex and intricate. Not like I'd expect you to understand that.
What makes Tomic's problems so complex and intricate?

Quote:
As I said earlier, Tomic is not incapable of making his own decisions and attempting to change his behaviour. He can. However, there are certain traits and features within his behavioural framework that can not just "change", like that, overnight. But I already see something awfully problematic with your post. Just because Tomic does something irrational without his father's physical presence doesn't mean it's not John's fault. This is all speculative at this point, but clearly John is an aggressive, determined and bellicose indivisual (from what we've heard and seen). Tomic must have grown up with this type of assertiveness, and has an underlying obligation to try and win and become, as he notoriously pointed out, "the best of all time". This type of unparalleled pressure can build up and be behaviourally released in many different ways. This is a psychological fact.
How well do you know Bernard personally?

Remind me again, can you show me the post where I said that Tomic's behaviour was definitely in no way, shape or form as a result of the parenting he enjoyed growing up as a child? Thanks.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #150
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Hope Bernard gets rid of this Ahole ASAP. He's a big boy already and he has enough money, he can send his dad packing if he wants to. This can't be anything but a negative influence on Tomic's tennis.
Has Bernard enough money, or does Papa have it all? - Just like Danir Dokic left his daughter near to being a pauper.
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote