Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and abortion - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #46
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Maybe the situation went like this:

Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 12:54 AM   #47
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

I think Connors had the asshole gene.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
10 consecutive slam F, 23 consecutive slam SF, 36 consecutive slam QF
3/4 slam titles on 3 occasions, 4/4 slam finals on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #48
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Yeah because she "decided" to get pregnant

Obviously neither of them made a decision to have a child. What happened was unplanned.

I don't think any of the youngsters on this site have any idea what it meant to have a child out of wedlock in those days. It wasn't like it is now.

Interestingly, or not, Jimmy started going out with a playboy model who he impregnated before he married her.
What is with you and the marriage? It is a sham institution. It is a fraud by the religious folks. You know it and I know it. Marriage should be treated just like a contract between two people, that way we don't have bigots complaining about gay folks getting married. I have no problem with people getting pregnant outside of marriage. What you are suggesting is people should get married if they want to have a child. That's just B.S and you know it. Also, while I respect the right of women, I think Jimmy not having any say at all, well, I don't agree with that.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Arjen Robben ... Soccer's version of ATP's biggest faker!
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #49
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Old 05-05-2013, 01:06 AM   #50
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
What is with you and the marriage? It is a sham institution. It is a fraud by the religious folks. You know it and I know it. Marriage should be treated just like a contract between two people, that way we don't have bigots complaining about gay folks getting married. I have no problem with people getting pregnant outside of marriage. What you are suggesting is people should get married if they want to have a child. That's just B.S and you know it. Also, while I respect the right of women, I think Jimmy not having any say at all, well, I don't agree with that.
He had a say, but he couldn't force her to carry a pregnancy to term if she didn't want to. Or maybe that's the way you think it should work?

In 2013, your views are very run of the mill. However that was not how it was for people in the 1970s. While a man who fathered children outside of marriage might have been considered a naughty roué, a woman was not regarded the same way.

However, I would say it was not the question of marriage that was decisive because there were a lot of other things involved mainly her professional career.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:11 AM   #51

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He had a say, but he couldn't force her to carry a pregnancy to term if she didn't want to. Or maybe that's the way you think it should work?

In 2013, your views are very run of the mill. However that was not how it was for people in the 1970s. While a man who fathered children outside of marriage might have been considered a naughty roué, a woman was not regarded the same way.

However, I would say it was not the question of marriage that was decisive because there were a lot of other things involved mainly her professional career.
I just explained to you I respect the choice and the right of women. But not even talking about it or having a discussion about it is disrespectful in a "relationship." The fact that these two did not use protection when doing the dirty, that's their own damn fault. I hate to break it to you, holy spirit does not make you pregnant. But unprotected intimacy does.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #52
country flag Whiznot

Whiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond reputeWhiznot has a reputation beyond repute

If Evert was determined to abort the pregnancy why did she ever tell Connors that she was pregnant? I do agree that the decision is always the female's choice.
Whiznot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:14 AM   #53
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I just explained to you I respect the choice and the right of women. But not even talking about it or having a discussion about it is disrespectful in a "relationship." The fact that these two did not use protection when doing the dirty, that's their own damn fault. I hate to break it to you, holy spirit does not make you pregnant. But unprotected intimacy does.
Well, thanks for the biology lesson. However, even when using protection, people do get pregnant.

I agree that not having any discussion is disrespectful, but in reading that small excerpt, I didn't get the impression that there was no discussion. It seemed to me what was represented was their last conversation on the subject.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #54
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiznot View Post
If Evert was determined to abort the pregnancy why did she ever tell Connors that she was pregnant? I do agree that the decision is always the female's choice.
That's what makes me think there was discussion about it. They were both so young. Didn't he say he was 22? Then Evert was even younger.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #55

Quote:
Well, thanks for the biology lesson. However, even when using protection, people do get pregnant.

I agree that not having any discussion is disrespectful, but in reading that small excerpt, I didn't get the impression that there was no discussion. It seemed to me what was represented was their last conversation on the subject.
Let's face it. They did do the dirty unprotected. If you believe they used protection at all times when they were young, then I have a bridge to sell you on the moon. Yes. Protections are not 100% and we are talking about 70s or whatever. But come on. They had no problem being naughty and you somehow know they used protection?

Old 05-05-2013, 01:20 AM   #56
Future ATP Star

Some more vintage Jimmy.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #57
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Let's face it. They did do the dirty unprotected. If you believe they used protection at all times when they were young, then I have a bridge to sell you on the moon. Yes. Protections are not 100% and we are talking about 70s or whatever. But come on. They had no problem being naughty and you somehow know they used protection?
I just don't know how you read that into what I wrote.

I have no idea about their contraceptive practices.

I don't really consider having sex as "being naughty" or "doing the dirty."

I do think that people manage to get pregnant even though they don't want to get pregnant. Whether they are careless or unfortunate, I have no way of knowing.

That said, I'm pretty sure I know a whole lot more about contraception in the 70s than you do. There are failures in each and every type of contraception even ligation. I guess castration is pretty failsafe in a man though.

Last edited by star : 05-05-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #58

Quote:
I just don't know how you read that into what I wrote.

I have no idea about their contraceptive practices.

I don't really consider having sex as "being naughty" or "doing the dirty."

I do think that people manage to get pregnant even though they don't want to get pregnant. Whether they are careless or unfortunate, I have no way of knowing.

That said, I'm pretty sure I know a whole lot more about contraception in the 70s than you do. There are failures in each and every type of contraception even ligation. I guess castration is pretty failsafe in a man though.
You were talking about sex and getting pregnant outside of marriage. That's why I called it naughty. Maybe I should get the book to find out whether they did use it. Alright. Nevermind. The book is trash anyway. Who cares what this loudmouth had to say about anything. Just get Chris Evert off of my TV because she is god awful in offering "insights" on tennis.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:56 AM   #59
country flag SliceAce

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute

Wow this is still in GM? First we have a gay marriage thread where everyone who doesn't agree 100% with whatever homosexuals say is banned, now we have an abortion thread where a woman is a saint for not telling her fiancee and the father of her child about an abortion while the man is the a$$hole for revealing this information. One is a book, the other is murder. Only on MTF (at least when the TF idiots flood in)

Are all these threads just honeypots to ban anyone who doesn't comply to the political agenda of the mods? It appears that way. Why they decide now to make GM into liberalpolitics.com/forums I don't know, but this forum gets more ridiculous every day.
SliceAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:00 AM   #60
country flag MrPlateperson
Banned!

MrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
Wow this is still in GM? First we have a gay marriage thread where everyone who doesn't agree 100% with whatever homosexuals say is banned, now we have an abortion thread where a woman is a saint for not telling her fiancee and the father of her child about an abortion while the man is the a$$hole for revealing this information. One is a book, the other is murder. Only on MTF (at least when the TF idiots flood in)

Are all these threads just honeypots to ban anyone who doesn't comply to the political agenda of the mods? It appears that way. Why they decide now to make GM into liberalpolitics.com/forums I don't know, but this forum gets more ridiculous every day.

they were banning people for that?

Last edited by MrPlateperson : 05-05-2013 at 04:02 AM.
MrPlateperson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote