Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and abortion - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #31
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Well, let's suppose he wanted her to have the baby, but she didn't want to have it. Is she supposed to have to go through with the pregnancy (and believe me that was a lot bigger deal back then that it is now) and flush her career just because he wanted her to do it? I don't see him claiming he offered to marry her. He just wanted nature to take it's course which is great when nature taking its course didn't affect him at all physically, financially, or professionally. She's the one who was going to bear ALL of the bad consequences, and he was not going to have any bad consequences.

And then he's upset because she turns cold when he basically says he wants to back off the relationship? Yeah. What did he want her to do? Sob and beg him? She's got her pride too.
No even if she insisted on abortion - she should have given him the opportunity to discuss the matter before it happened anyway.

Instead, she got perhaps scared of changing her mind and so she rushed and committed the abortion - and then came to him and told him and expected him to behave as if nothing had happened.
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #32
country flag Aloevera

Aloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jimmy Connors hints relationship with Chris Evert ended with pregnancy and aborti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
Frankly, it doesn't really matter what both of them decided when they were 19 years old. It was 40 years ago.
What matters is that Jimmy revealed it today without her permission.

Bastard.
Without her notice.

He doesn't need her permission to tell the truth, though obviously he spiced it up a bit on the way to portray Chris as heartless bitch like the ice queen we know in tennis court. The selling point of the book. $$$
Aloevera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #33
country flag polarisgalaxy

polarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond repute

Remember, in the early 1970s in the United States abortion was a hot topic and also remember 1973 Roe Vs Wade when abortion got legalized. In the early 1970s if Jimmy Connors did NOT marry Chris Evert it would have destroyed her career and reputation. I doubt early 1970s America would approve of a unwed, young female tennis player with a child. Back then in the 1970s unwed mothers were scorned. Chris Evert had to think about her reputation and her future. I think Chris did the right thing having the abortion. Billie Jean King did the same thing she also had an abortion during her career.
polarisgalaxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:26 AM   #34
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
Frankly, it doesn't really matter what both of them decided when they were 19 years old..
Both of them didn't decide anything.

She decided to abort the baby by herself without seeking 'second opinion'.

So it's a bit rich of her now to demand the kind of treatment from him that she was unwilling to give back then. She ought to know that people tend to treat you the way you treat them

Last edited by Raiden : 05-05-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #35
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
No even if she insisted on abortion - she should have given him the opportunity to discuss the matter before it happened anyway.

Instead, she got perhaps scared of changing her mind and so she rushed and committed the abortion - and then came to him and told him and expected him to behave as if nothing had happened.
He didn't say she refused to discuss it with him. It seems they discussed it and he had a different opinion than she did and she made up her mind. At no point does he say that she had an abortion without him knowing about it first.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #36
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Without Chrissie's permission:

" In his book, Jimmy Connors has written about a time in our relationship that was very personal and emotionally painful," Evert said in a statement released to Reuters on Saturday through her agent Lawrence Frankopan at StarWing Sports.

"I am extremely disappointed that he used the book to misrepresent a private matter that took place 40 years ago and made it public, without my knowledge. I hope everyone can understand that I have no further comment."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/0...0DL05G20130504
So what? I hate Chris Evert with a passion. And she has no problem getting pregnant and then deciding what happens when Jimmy wanted the child. Both need to disappear because they are both overrated as commentators.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Arjen Robben ... Soccer's version of ATP's biggest faker!
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #37
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

I bet he didn't want to keep the baby either- his whole career would have changed if he had.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #38
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri View Post
Cheap way to sell a book. Some things are kept private.
Like Agassi doing meth? The only thing private was Armstrong doping all those years and admitting it on Oprah than in a book. Everything else is fair game my friend.

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Arjen Robben ... Soccer's version of ATP's biggest faker!
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #39
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
So what? I hate Chris Evert with a passion. And she has no problem getting pregnant and then deciding what happens when Jimmy wanted the child. Both need to disappear because they are both overrated as commentators.
Yeah because she "decided" to get pregnant

Obviously neither of them made a decision to have a child. What happened was unplanned.

I don't think any of the youngsters on this site have any idea what it meant to have a child out of wedlock in those days. It wasn't like it is now.

Interestingly, or not, Jimmy started going out with a playboy model who he impregnated before he married her.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #40
country flag Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
He didn't say she refused to discuss it with him. It seems they discussed it and he had a different opinion than she did and she made up her mind. At no point does he say that she had an abortion without him knowing about it first.
If your fiancee says something like "hey darling, I'm on my way to the abortion clinic - see you on the practice court tomorrow" do you consider that to be a discussion of the issue ?
Old 05-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #41
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I was not a fan of Jimmy Connors and this makes me despise him even more.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #42
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Well she made her own mind on what to do. And honestly, it was the right thing to do for both of them at that point in their lives.

I don't know why Jimmy revealed it here and now in his book, oh wait, yes I do, he is the ultimate showman, and it only makes sense that his book would have things like this in it.

I was always planning to get this book when it was released, now even more so.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #43
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If your fiancee says something like "hey darling, I'm on my way to the abortion clinic - see you on the practice court tomorrow" do you consider that to be a discussion of the issue ?
Do you know the whole story? Are you sure Evert never discussed this with Connors?

The only fact I know here is Connors revealed something very private between him and his ex-financee without informing her first just to make a few bucks.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #44
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
There was no indication the conversation went anything like that.

He said he wanted "nature to take its course" and she wanted to terminate the pregnancy. We don't know how long they discussed it or how many conversations they had. All he details is their final conversation where she says she has made up her mind, and he says well lets break up then and she says fine.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #45
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Two selfish idiots.
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote