Mutua Madrid Open 2013-WWW and Draw Discussion, Qualies placed - Page 22 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW

Djokovic, Novak 63 52.07%
Federer, Roger 13 10.74%
Murray, Andy 4 3.31%
Ferrer, David 2 1.65%
Nadal, Rafael 33 27.27%
Other 6 4.96%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #316
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mutua Madrid Open 2013-WWW and Draw Discussion, Draw in OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Exactly. Can't, and don't, take anything nadal says too seriously.
One can recognize that Nadal reduces the pressure he feels by falsely denigrating his chances while still acknowledging that in certain situations, like Madrid, he really ISN'T the favorite. Most people don't have this cognitive dissonance to deal with, but I understand that tards sometimes have to work harder. You have my sympathy.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #317
country flag MrPlateperson
Banned!

MrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond reputeMrPlateperson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Check the rules dude.

No need to be but hurt over somebody calling out your idol for faking injuries. It would be one thing if he played by the rules and finished matches but he doesn't.
MrPlateperson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #318
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htom Sirveaux View Post
One can recognize that Nadal reduces the pressure he feels by falsely denigrating his chances while still acknowledging that in certain situations, like Madrid, he really ISN'T the favorite. Most people don't have this cognitive dissonance to deal with, but I understand that tards sometimes have to work harder. You have my sympathy.
You do realise Nadal has said the same line for Rome, MC and RG in the past, don't you? Or is it your cognitive dissonance that stops you from understanding the underlying context of our posts?

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #319

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And you're the whining variety of tard.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
You do realise Nadal has said the same line for Rome, MC and RG in the past, don't you? Or is it your cognitive dissonance that stops you from understanding the underlying context of our posts?
This is the post I initially responded to:

Quote:
Any clay tournament he plays he is the favourite!!!!!!!
I referenced NOTHING else in the conversation that was taking place. I am aware of Nadal's psychological gamesmanship, and I understand if it bothers some people. But to say he's the favorite in 'any' clay tournament is simply stupid. It betrays an ignorance of the different factors involved that contribute to Nadal's dominance in certain clay conditions.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #321
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPlateperson View Post
No need to be but hurt over somebody calling out your idol for faking injuries. It would be one thing if he played by the rules and finished matches but he doesn't.
What year are you living in?
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #322
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is the post I initially responded to:

I referenced NOTHING else in the conversation that was taking place. I am aware of Nadal's psychological gamesmanship, and I understand if it bothers some people. But to say he's the favorite in 'any' clay tournament is simply stupid. It betrays an ignorance of the different factors involved that contribute to Nadal's dominance in certain clay conditions.
Well, why wouldn't he be the favourite to win in Madrid? Djokovic and himself have won it once, even though he has never liked the conditions. You can make an argument for Djokovic being superior on clay atm but it's certainly not clear-cut.

Quote:
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Well, why wouldn't he be the favourite to win in Madrid? Djokovic and himself have won it once, even though he has never liked the conditions. You can make an argument for Djokovic being superior on clay atm but it's certainly not clear-cut.
I agree, absolutely nothing is clear-cut atm, especially in Madrid. Nadal doesn't like the altitude, and the court has irritated him in the past. He was also away from the game a long time and isn't playing with much confidence yet. Djokovic looked subbar in Indian Wells and Miami, but was peak in the MC final. He also beat Nadal in straights here and played an incredibly tight three setter with Nadal before peak Djokovic had emerged. Federer has played well here in years past, but he too looked lousy earlier this year and has also been out for a while, if considerably less than Nadal.

Based on all that, I give Djokovic a solid edge on clay right now, especially here, but that could change somewhat depending on what happens in Madrid. And Federer could surprise people and come back fresh here. He could win the thing or he could go out early, there's really no knowing unless you're actually in his camp. It won't change his dark horse status in the other clay events however.

So the furthest I'd be willing to go is say there's no clear favorite in Madrid, but I don't really believe that. Djokovic remains my favorite unless his motivation goes AWOL again.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #324
country flag Han Solo

Han Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond reputeHan Solo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I agree, absolutely nothing is clear-cut atm, especially in Madrid. Nadal doesn't like the altitude, and the court has irritated him in the past. He was also away from the game a long time and isn't playing with much confidence yet. Djokovic looked subbar in Indian Wells and Miami, but was peak in the MC final. He also beat Nadal in straights here and played an incredibly tight three setter with Nadal before peak Djokovic had emerged. Federer has played well here in years past, but he too looked lousy earlier this year and has also been out for a while, if considerably less than Nadal.

Based on all that, I give Djokovic a solid edge on clay right now, especially here, but that could change somewhat depending on what happens in Madrid. And Federer could surprise people and come back fresh here. He could win the thing or he could go out early, there's really no knowing unless you're actually in his camp. It won't change his dark horse status in the other clay events however.

So the furthest I'd be willing to go is say there's no clear favorite in Madrid, but I don't really believe that. Djokovic remains my favorite unless his motivation goes AWOL again.
Seems pretty clear to me that Djokovic must be considered favourite, albeit only slightly, for Madrid due to his win in Monte Carlo, the fact he's the best player in the world right now, and Nadal's been out for a while. Not to mention Madrid is not a clay tournament at which Nadal's been completely at ease in the past.

Last edited by Han Solo : 05-05-2013 at 08:54 PM. Reason: punctuation
Han Solo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:59 PM   #325
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Djokovic got upset. Dimitrov, Wawrinka and Tsonga aren't too shabby, but if he survives that the SF will probably be his easiest match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Djokovic owns Wawrinka on clay and Tsonga is irrelevant.......Dimitrov LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Then get him out of your avatar and sig talking about him like that, disgrace.
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Criticism of Federer = Thoughtcrime
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #326
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
Today was probably the first time ever that Saberq was confident Djokovic will win in the live commentary thread, even when Dimi went up a break. Typical Saberq versus universe - Fails at everything

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #327
country flag Looner

Default Re: Mutua Madrid Open 2013-WWW and Draw Discussion, Qualies placed

There you go. Djokovic can't move on this "great" clay. Nadull to fluke another title.

Quote: