2013 NCAA Tournament: UCLA vs Virginia for the title - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #31
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament: Final Four set. A new champion will be crowned.

neither of these matches could be any closer

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #32

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament: Final Four set. A new champion will be crowned.

UCLA and Ohio State at 3-3. Kobelt and Giron to decide it. Giron leads 5-4 but on serve in 3rd set.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #33
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

DF on MP to lose the tie. I feel bad for Kobelt.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates

Last edited by SapELee : 05-20-2013 at 09:27 PM.
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #34

Giron breaks him and gives UCLA the 4-3 win! Kobelt double faulted on match point, with a disastrous mishit on the 2nd serve.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:28 PM   #35

Novikov apparently got a full game penalty to lose the match to Rola.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #36
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Go UCLA I think
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #37
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Novikov would play Domijan instead of Jenkins.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 05-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #38

Default Re: 2013 NCAA Tournament: UCLA vs Virginia for the title

good quality video of Giron clinching and this has sound.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:20 AM   #39

Nathan Pasha throwing in back to back double faults at 30 all to give Domijan the break to go up 5-4 in the 3rd. Domijan would then easily hold to secure the win for Virginia.

Some aggressive taunting from Virginia fans here toward Pasha.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #40
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Congrats to UVA for finally winning the title. Defeats UCLA 4-3 with Frank clinching the tie 0-6 6-4 7-5. What a dramatic match. Puget was serving for the match, but lost the championship point b/c he touched the net. Frank won the last 3 games, dramatic final game as well. His game might not be the most exciting, but at least he is mentally tough unlike some players.

Rhyne's Picture Thread

Last edited by SapELee : 05-22-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:40 AM   #41

what a final. I thought Virginia was going to bottle it again when Puget and sell had the 3rd set momentum. The end of Frank/Puget was ugly, both players playing poorly. Frank cracked like an egg at 3-4, hitting three straight routine shots into the net. I thought for sure Puget had it at that point. This would have been a beyond devastating loss for Virginia but in the end they took home their first title.

Even though Frank will get praise as the hero because he was the last to win and pull out the 0-6 6-4 7-5 win the real heroes today were Justin Shane and Jarmere Jenkins.

Shane was pounded by Emilio Gomez in 2011 in the national title and then last year lost the decider in heartbreaking fashion to Yannick Hanfmann. And with that history he comes back this year and routine Clay Thompson 6-2 6-2(Thompson had been on fire for a month) was very impressive.

Jenkins really showed up in his final dual match as a Cavalier. Novikov is one of the most pro ready players in college and had been playing very good including giving Henrique Cunha his first loss of the year. Jenkins was able to control Novikov throughout the match and give UVA a very crucial point.

for UCLA. Giron really showed up by routining Domijan 6-4 6-4(2nd straight year Domijan has been routined in the national title, last year he was beaten by Ray Sarmiento in 2) after he beat Kobelt in the decider in the semifinals. Big tournament for Giron.

Mkrtchian gave a good solid performance by beating Stylsinger without too much sweat.

Karue Sell had a big rally which is what set up Puget to add the exclamation point. Uriguen's lack of conditioning showed again as he was less fit than Sell and was out maneuvered by sell in the last two sets and beat the usually clutch senior.

Last edited by out_here_grindin : 05-22-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #42
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Domijan and Novikov are mentally weak. Domijan was broken at the tail end of each at 4*-5 and Novikov df on match point.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 05-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #43
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for Puget.
Smoke944 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote