Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0 - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #121
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
The first 25 games of the AO final ended exactly the same as the USO final 7-6 6-5*
You realise that only helps strengthen his argument?
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #122
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Worth nothing that those who have won Slams have achieved significantly more than Raonic by the age of 22.

Worth noting again that I have only included them reaching the quarters as minimum. In some cases the players had gone onto the semis, finals, or even to win the event (Nadal for example).
The fact that you're even comparing him to five slam winners (including three of the greatest of all time) and consistent top 10 guys like Tsonga and Berdych suggests once again that you actually think Raonic is quite good and that his future could be a very successful one. Otherwise, I see no reason for you to do this. I don't even do such a thing myself.

And yes, it's true that Milos is a late developer compared to most elite players. His first year on tour was as a 20 year old. Why this means he hasn't improved significantly over the last two years, I'm not sure. Although it seems that maybe you've given up that particular trolling tangent like the others and are now pathetically going on about how far he's behind all-time greats like Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. Hilarious stuff.
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #123
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What?

I am comparing Raonic to the top four to show the RaonicTards just how far away their hero is from winning an event of any significance.
Don't think I've seen a single Raonic fan saying he's going to be winning slams left and right.

And honestly, Raonic is not that far. I could easily see Milos serving massive for 2 weeks, getting hot, and winning Wimbledon within the next 2-3 years.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #124
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How?

More like it shows how close their matches are and that they are only decided by a few points.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #125
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Federer was 19 yrs 9 months 3 weeks when he reached the RG QF, not 20. Lest you should reply "That is almost 20" I highlighted Nadal's 18 too, which is in itself correct, but he was much closer to 19 when he reached his first slam QF than Federer was to 20. In fact, he had his 19th birthday later in the same tournament.

As for Masters, Fed was 19 yrs 7 months when he reached Miami QF in 2001. Perhaps you mistook his birth year for 1980?
I wasn't matching them up perfectly, but as close as I could get whilst trying to do it quickly. I knew there might be a couple of months either side.

In any case all of the players who have gone onto win slams have achieved a great deal more than Raonic by the age of 22.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #126
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

The most important match for Nadal fanboys and fangirls tomorrow is not the Almugro clash.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #127
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaratandMilos View Post
The fact that you're even comparing him to five slam winners (including three of the greatest of all time) and consistent top 10 guys like Tsonga and Berdych suggests once again that you actually think Raonic is quite good and that his future could be a very successful one. Otherwise, I see no reason for you to do this. I don't even do such a thing myself.
They are a point of comparison to show how average Raonic's career has been so far.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #128
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Really not sure why people continue to compare players by age.

Raonic first year on the main tour, he was 20.

Nadal? 15-16.

Fed? 16-17.

Of course they will peak earlier. This generation will peak later.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #129
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Don't think I've seen a single Raonic fan saying he's going to be winning slams left and right.

And honestly, Raonic is not that far. I could easily see Milos serving massive for 2 weeks, getting hot, and winning Wimbledon within the next 2-3 years.
To the first sentence: read harder.

To the second setence: Ridiculous. Hasn't gone past the second round at Wimbledon but you think he can win it in 2-3 years?

Old 04-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #130
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No it doesn't, considering the elements were at their worst in the first set and a a half in New York.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #131
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am comparing Raonic to the top four to show the RaonicTards just how far away their hero is from winning an event of any significance.
No, you're just trolling to a more ridiculous, even greater extent than usual. The fact that Milos didn't make the quarterfinal of a slam at the same age as some of the all-time greats doesn't mean his future will be a bad one or that he'll never win anything significant. Your hate for Milos must be quite strong to ignore any kind of rational process with your every post.
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #132
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Raonic first year on the main tour, he was 20.
Why was that Johnny?
Old 04-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #133
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

About Milos, I would be very surprised if at the end of his career he had not won at least 3 slams.

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #134
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaratandMilos View Post
No, you're just trolling to a more ridiculous, even greater extent than usual. The fact that Milos didn't make the quarterfinal of a slam at the same age as some of the all-time greats doesn't mean his future will be a bad one or that he'll never win anything significant.
Are Berdych, Tsonga, Del Potro and Ferrer all-time greats now?
Old 04-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #135
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are Berdych, Tsonga, Del Potro and Ferrer all-time greats now?
Is he saying that Milos will be an all time great or only a multi-slam winner?

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote