Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #46
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barcelona SF: Nadal roasts Raonic 6-4 6-0

I really think none of the new guys we have seen this week will be world n°1. Dimitrov injured after 1 big tourny? going down like a shmuck to Tammy. Tomic, ahahah, next. Nishikori, humiliated by Ramos disappointing. Raonic close to defeat against a dead tired Robredo, and the next day... Seriously, the next 5 years in tennis will be boring unless some new guy rise.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #47
country flag MaratandMilos

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
Was Raonic the only one to play two matches yesterday then?
No, but he's one of the few that had to play two yesterday and play another match against the physical force that is Rafael Nadal on slow, wet clay. It's no wonder he got tired.
MaratandMilos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #48
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarisgalaxy View Post
A lot of immature comments on this thread, Milos Raonic is the best Canadian tennis player EVER.

What did people expect? Geesh, the kid is only 22 years old, clay is his WORST surface, he tried his best and he lost.

There is no shame in losing to Nadal on clay so I don't understand the crude comments.

The Canadian people we are very proud of him. He did well to back up his semifinal result from Barcelona of last year this kid can play on clay.

What Milos needs to LEARN from this match and I acknowledge is, in order to beat the great players like Nadal especially on clay he's going to need more than just the serve.

Nadal returned Milos serve very well, the commentators said, Milos needed to vary his serve more especially the first serve.

Milos backhand needs improvement, Nadal exposed his backhand big time in this match.

He kept on running around the backhand to hit forehands, but the problem is it exposes his movement. He needs to improve the backhand that's the key for him.

And he also needs to work on his volleying it was very predictable to volley into the open court. Nadal just chased the ball down and passed him. Instead, he needs to volley smarter.

The good thing is Milos is a smart kid, he's got a good coach he will watch the tape and he is improving. Last year around this time Milos was ranked in the 20s this year he's number 13 in the world. He defended his points and he's going to get BETTER.

Milos is not a robot the kid played a 2 and a half hour match with Robredo and he also won a first match against Gulbis it is a lot of tennis. Nadal had Raonic running around the court he did get tired. It is not an excuse. Nadal played better obviously since he won the match.
The usual load of rubbish from a Canadian.

In what way has Milos improved?

He has become less of a threat as time goes by. He might as well not bother entering Masters events or Slams as he's usually gone by the time it starts to get serious. I think as someone else said he could get a part-time job for when those events are on as he'll be going home anyway come Friday.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #49

MaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond reputeMaratandMilos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The obvious ways (obvious to those of us who aren't here specifically to troll young players, I guess), return and movement. They are vastly superior to what they were when he started on tour a little over two years ago and I have little doubt that those areas will continue to improve as he gains more experience against elite opponents.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #50
country flag polarisgalaxy

polarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D. View Post
I really think none of the new guys we have seen this week will be world n°1. Dimitrov injured after 1 big tourny? going down like a shmuck to Tammy. Tomic, ahahah, next. Nishikori, humiliated by Ramos disappointing. Raonic close to defeat against a dead tired Robredo, and the next day... Seriously, the next 5 years in tennis will be boring unless some new guy rise.
Your logic is flawed, so because some of the young players had ONE bad week they are suddenly finished? Dimitrov had an excellent week in Monte Carlo BUT he lost to Tommy Robredo a former top ten player who just won an event in Casablanca a few weeks ago. Robredo also beat a top 10 player Berdych this week. Robredo is a multiple time French Open quarterfinalist. To dismiss Robredo's abilities on clay is foolish.

Also, Milos Raonic did well he won two matches yesterday and he beat Robredo who was on a hot streak, in a 2 and a half hour match. Raonic defended his semifinal points, and he tried his best against Nadal today and it wasn't good enough.

Raonic had an excellent week reaching the semifinals, he won three matches on clay his worst surface, and he knocked off Robredo who is an excellent clay court player.
polarisgalaxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #51
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaratandMilos View Post
No, but he's one of the few that had to play two yesterday and play another match against the physical force that is Rafael Nadal on slow, wet clay. It's no wonder he got tired.
If it hadn't been wet clay he'd have been fine? Is that what you are saying?
Old 04-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #52
Banned!

Quote:
The obvious ways (obvious to those of us who aren't here specifically to troll young players, I guess), return and movement. They are vastly superior to what they were when he started on tour a little over two years ago and I have little doubt that those areas will continue to improve as he gains more experience against elite opponents.
Show the direct correlation between the improvements in his game with the improvements in his results.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #53

Quote:
If it hadn't been wet clay he'd have been fine? Is that what you are saying?
No, that isn't what I said at all. Why must you persist with this troll job? It isn't even a good one.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #54
country flag polarisgalaxy

polarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond reputepolarisgalaxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The usual load of rubbish from a Canadian.

He has become less of a threat as time goes by. He might as well not bother entering Masters events or Slams as he's usually gone by the time it starts to get serious. I think as someone else said he could get a part-time job for when those events are on as he'll be going home anyway come Friday.
Your comment is rubbish, you are not Canadian and obviously you don't know how important Milos Raonic is to Canadian tennis.This kid just got back to his highest ranking of number 13 in the world he's defended his points in Barcelona reaching the semifinals for the SECOND TIME it was no fluke. Milos can play on clay.

I think it is rather pathetic for someone to attack a kid who is in the top 20, who is the youngest man ranked in the top 20 in the WORLD.

Only an idiot, would think reaching a semifinal of a big clay court event on a player's worst surface is not improvement.

For a young player like Milos this is a good learning experience, it shows how much he really needs to improve if he's going to compete with Nadal on clay.

Milos started well holding serve and breaking Nadal's serve. The game plan was good but the execution was the problem he became a bit predictable.

Some of you arm chair internet tennis critics, don't have any sense of class. Rebecca Marino a Canadian tennis player she QUIT tennis because of bullies on the internet and you sound like a bully!

Marino quit because she was upset about the nasty comments people made about her on the internet.

He WON his matches he defended his semifinal points, he won two matches in one day and beat a solid clay courter in Robredo.

Last edited by polarisgalaxy : 04-27-2013 at 05:32 PM.
polarisgalaxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #55
Banned!

Quote:
No, that isn't what I said at all. Why must you persist with this troll job? It isn't even a good one.
Why mention the conditions as if that was some sort of factor? Wet clay or not Milos would have run out of gas.

Embarrassing.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #56

Quote:
Show the direct correlation between the improvements in his game with the improvements in his results.
In 2011, he went 31-19 for a 62% winning percentage. His ranking went from 152 to 31 by the end of 2011.
In 2012, he went 45-20 for a 69% winning percentage. His ranking went from 31 to 15 by the end of 2012.
In 2013, he's gone 17-6 for a 74% winning percentage. His ranking has gone from 15 to 13 and he's currently 11th in the ATP race.

He's been improving incrementally over time and his results support that. There hasn't been a major breakthrough at a big tournament yet, but there is little reason to doubt that's coming on the basis of that clear improvement. Why you'd go out of your way to deny this in the attempt to troll a young, improving player full of potential, I'm still not sure.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #57
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't expect Raonic to win, but I did expect to see a more competitive match. disappointing.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #58
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarisgalaxy View Post
Your comment is rubbish, you are not Canadian and obviously you don't know how important Milos Raonic is to Canadian tennis.This kid just got back to his highest ranking of number 13 in the world he's defended his points in Barcelona reaching the semifinals for the SECOND TIME it was no fluke. Milos can play on clay.

I think it is rather pathetic for someone to attack a kid who is in the top 20, who is the youngest man ranked in the top 20.

Some of you arm chair internet tennis critics, don't have any sense of class. Rebecca Marino QUIT tennis because of bullies on the internet and you sound like a bully!

He WON his matches he defended his semifinal points, he won two matches in one day and beat a solid clay courter in Robredo.
I want the youngsters in the tennis world to do well, but I find the nationalistic rubbish that goes on embarrassing. You Canadian's always have an excuse for your hero - "oh he's tired", "oh he's still young", "oh that player played his best ever match vs Milos so that's why he lost" etc etc etc.

He has done very little in the major events. He has the game to bully weaker opponents, but when it really matters he has been found wanting.

You go on and on about his age, yet by that age Federer was a Slam winner, so too Nadal and Djokovic. It's yet another excuse.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #59
Banned!

Quote:
In 2011, he went 31-19 for a 62% winning percentage. His ranking went from 152 to 31 by the end of 2011.
In 2012, he went 45-20 for a 69% winning percentage. His ranking went from 31 to 15 by the end of 2012.
In 2013, he's gone 17-6 for a 74% winning percentage. His ranking has gone from 15 to 13 and he's currently 11th in the ATP race.
How has he done in the tournaments that matter?
Old 04-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #60

Quote:
Why mention the conditions as if that was some sort of factor? Wet clay or not Milos would have run out of gas.
Because they were a factor in his fatigue at the end of that match, I'm sure, so why shouldn't it be mentioned?

At this point, I'm not even sure you know what you're trolling anymore.