Ask MTF Mods - Page 70 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 03-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #1036
country flag motorhead
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,794
motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

there's clearly a high demand for it then.
the IT stuff should give it a thought as to implement it, as for the freakyman question? thanks
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #1037
country flag Litotes
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 41
Posts: 34,634
Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
there's clearly a high demand for it then.
the IT stuff should give it a thought as to implement it, as for the freakyman question? thanks
Also asked & answered. Please search in this thread before asking questions about old incidents.


Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
I have a question about removing Freak3yman840's permaban.

First want to say that absolutely support over turning permaban decisions whoever is included but few things confusing me. From all permbaned posters why Freak3yman840 was the one who deserved decision changing when this poster at the time of his ban created at least 3-4 DAs? And by the rules of MTF just this is enough for another permaban. Even more, if already permaban decision deserved to be changed and you didn't want consider all those DAs as another permaban violation why at least he didn't serve suspension for it from the moment when initial decision was changed? We all are witnessing every day cases when temporally banned users creating DAs and getting extra months of penalty for it.

So my question would be why other permabaned posters who aren't breaking the rules and not making DAs even if they know they won't be back don't deserve second chance but one poster who even permabaned was continuing to break the rules deserved it ?



PS Writing all these want to say I have nothing against Freak3yman840 just I am confused with deciding consistency. Oh wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I feel like this has been answered before but the user filed an appeal and it was decided that the user had a good case. The user had already served 6 months of ban time at the time.
__________________
.
(October 23rd)
ST rank 4 (best 3) - 5 wins, 0 titles
vBookie net amount won: 27174 (2014: +20479, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 94 (high 90), TT doubles rank 82 (high 81).
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:24 PM   #1038
country flag motorhead
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 11,794
motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Also asked & answered. Please search in this thread before asking questions about old incidents.
Sorry, I think I was missunderstood. I wasn't asking why he was allowed back on MTF after the permaban.
I was asking why is he allowed to be spamming like there's no tomorrow nowadays.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:50 PM   #1039
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 12,344
Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

@Dylan- just pick the name you prefer best and request it in the namechange thread man. That list gave me a dizzy wizzle. Yeah, that's a term I made up.

The rest of you guys- stop messin' around in here or I'm gonna have to whip out my metre stick... and wave it around. If you've got any serious questions for us (preferably ones that lack unnecessarily clever wit), fire away, otherwise stay away.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:00 PM   #1040
country flag ProdigyEng
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 21
Posts: 27,999
ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

@Shamy Kay answer my question please, did Andreas get my email?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:08 PM   #1041
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 12,344
Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
@Shamy Kay answer my question please, did Andreas get my email?
You should really ask this question to the man himself, Joe. I believe an email from you to askmtfmods was received, but there's nothing else I know man.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:22 AM   #1042
Dmitry Verdasco
Registered User
 
Dmitry Verdasco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,273
Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Wondering if a new VerticalScope template is ever going to come? It hasn't changed in like the 8 years I've been lurking on TF, MTF.... If you could ask the site owners or smth..
__________________

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:33 AM   #1043
country flag ProdigyEng
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 21
Posts: 27,999
ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

This probably won't get answered, but whatever.


There is certain users whose behaviour definitely isn't within the rules of MTF. However they constantly get away with it and escape bans etc etc. I have asked mods/admins why one of these users gets away with this behaviour before and the response was along the lines of 'they are very special'. The clear implication there is that the user has mental health issues that affect the way they post. However, I am really not sure that this can be used as an excuse not to ban them. For all we know they could be trolling. The way I see it is that if they are fit enough to post on the forum, then they are fit enough to abide by the rules regardless of there mental health/wellbeing.

I mean the fact is that these users aren't the only ones with mental health issues, and it isn't painting a good picture that certain users are getting off the hook with trolling because of their apparent mental health issues. I myself suffer from Aspergers and know at least 3 forumers that also suffer from it. However i'd like to think that our posting is not affected by this. if the posters I am referring to are getting let off the hook then why aren't me and those suffering from Aspergers also getting let off the hook when we troll etcs?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:12 AM   #1044
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 12,344
Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
This probably won't get answered, but whatever.


There is certain users whose behaviour definitely isn't within the rules of MTF. However they constantly get away with it and escape bans etc etc. I have asked mods/admins why one of these users gets away with this behaviour before and the response was along the lines of 'they are very special'. The clear implication there is that the user has mental health issues that affect the way they post. However, I am really not sure that this can be used as an excuse not to ban them. For all we know they could be trolling. The way I see it is that if they are fit enough to post on the forum, then they are fit enough to abide by the rules regardless of there mental health/wellbeing.

I mean the fact is that these users aren't the only ones with mental health issues, and it isn't painting a good picture that certain users are getting off the hook with trolling because of their apparent mental health issues. I myself suffer from Aspergers and know at least 3 forumers that also suffer from it. However i'd like to think that our posting is not affected by this. if the posters I am referring to are getting let off the hook then why aren't me and those suffering from Aspergers also getting let off the hook when we troll etcs?
You're right man, that's not getting answered.

...

Alright, alright, I'll give it a shot...

I think I know what poster(s) you're talking about, since you may have mentioned this in the past. Yeah, no posters should be receiving special treatment. We all come from all walks of life, and come with our own various different set of abilities and needs like any large gathering of people. The main problem is that when it comes to trolling, it's not always that obvious. As you say, for all we know they could be trolling, but most of the time that's a subjective matter and tough for mods to decipher and be consistent with it. We prefer to give everyone the benefit of the doubt as much as possible.

I'm unsure if you feel their threads are breaking the rules or if it's just their entire forum persona that they use when they post, but you're going to have to report their rule breaking posts or otherwise guide us to where they're breaking the rules. From what I've seen of them personally, their behaviour seems quite light-hearted and not really breaking rules, otherwise something would have been done about it, but since you see it differently, PM us or report to your leisure, mate.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #1045
country flag Cloren
Registered User
 
Cloren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,701
Cloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Well I posted in the name change thread and thought I will post it here as well because I have not received an answer about it there.

What I want to suggest to the mods is that you know when a user(whether his is premium member or not) changes his name, his former usernames should in the user's profile. There is another forum who does it and think this forum should do it as well because once a user changes his username we may not be able to recognize who the user is. If we see the profile and see his former usernames, it would be of great help. It will be more convenient.

So what do you think about this mods? I think it would be useful.
Cloren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #1046
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master
 
Slasher1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Age: 28
Posts: 7,932
Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Your proposal is not Mod business, nor is it Admin business. It's programming business, and all the Admin team can do is they will talk to VS about it and will let you know of developments.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #1047
country flag Pratik
Registered User
 
Pratik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz
Posts: 9,027
Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
Well I posted in the name change thread and thought I will post it here as well because I have not received an answer about it there.

What I want to suggest to the mods is that you know when a user(whether his is premium member or not) changes his name, his former usernames should in the user's profile. There is another forum who does it and think this forum should do it as well because once a user changes his username we may not be able to recognize who the user is. If we see the profile and see his former usernames, it would be of great help. It will be more convenient.

So what do you think about this mods? I think it would be useful.
Name changes of premium members won't be made public, let alone put in their profiles. I brought this point up a few months ago and my proposal was turned down by the mods. You can search for it in this thread.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:47 AM   #1048
country flag Cloren
Registered User
 
Cloren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,701
Cloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Name changes of premium members won't be made public, let alone put in their profiles. I brought this point up a few months ago and my proposal was turned down by the mods. You can search for it in this thread.
I've just seen it and its a shame the proposal was turned down.
Cloren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:20 AM   #1049
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'
 
Sham Kay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 25
Posts: 12,344
Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
I've just seen it and its a shame the proposal was turned down.
Could just see it as another perk of being a premium member. If they really wanted everyone to know who they are, they'd probably just tell you in their sig etc. If some members just want to change their names and not let everyone know about, then that's there business. I don't like the idea of forcing it on them by having it in their profile.

I mean, I really dislike my previous name. Would really be irritating if it were permanently in my profile for everyone to see...
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:44 AM   #1050
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30,682
Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Could just see it as another perk of being a premium member. If they really wanted everyone to know who they are, they'd probably just tell you in their sig etc. If some members just want to change their names and not let everyone know about, then that's there business. I don't like the idea of forcing it on them by having it in their profile.

I mean, I really dislike my previous name. Would really be irritating if it were permanently in my profile for everyone to see...
C'mon, Shambritfan was not that bad.
__________________

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios