Ask MTF Mods - Page 63 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 02-06-2014, 07:38 AM   #931
country flag ProdigyEng
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 21
Posts: 27,674
ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Apparently it is the admin or mods personal discretion as to whether a post is baiting or not, therefore what one mod sees as baiting another mod may not. Personally I feel that if a user strongly believes they are being baited by a post/signature than their judgement given they're the target of the baiting, should be enough for the moderation team to do something about it. That obviously isn't the case though sadly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-06-2014, 07:39 AM   #932
country flag Litotes
ALT-0
 
Litotes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norway
Age: 41
Posts: 32,817
Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Looking at GM and what gets closed or deleted and what stays, I have to admit that it's not very clear to me what the moderating team views as baiting.
It is a difficult subject. And of course, it is not everything that will be discovered without the aid of posts getting reported.
__________________
.
(September 17th)
ST rank 5 (best 4) - 5 wins, 0 titles
vBookie net amount won: 23284 (2014: +16589, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:43 AM   #933
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master
 
Slasher1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Age: 28
Posts: 7,640
Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Mods and Admins are not omniscient. We miss a lot of posts made on the forum. That is why the report function exists. Anyone who thinks a post is made for the sole purpose of annoying a specific fanbase can report it and the case will be dealt with.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:52 AM   #934
country flag ProdigyEng
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 21
Posts: 27,674
ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Something I reported as baiting months ago, apparently is not baiting according to the admin team. Even though the thing in question is a direct shot to myself, a fact that anyone with half a brain cell would be able to realise.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #935
country flag ProdigyEng
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 21
Posts: 27,674
ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

What happened to the davydenko doubles win thread? When I click on it it redirects to Monfils def Gasquet...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #936
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 27
Posts: 4,175
ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Looking at GM and what gets closed or deleted and what stays, I have to admit that it's not very clear to me what the moderating team views as baiting.
Exactly!
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #937
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 27
Posts: 4,175
ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Mods and Admins are not omniscient. We miss a lot of posts made on the forum. That is why the report function exists. Anyone who thinks a post is made for the sole purpose of annoying a specific fanbase can report it and the case will be dealt with.
...and what if the poster is just reporting a post / thread because they don't agree with the opinion which isn't hurtful or in any way an attempt to get under the skin of any fanbase and just wants the post / thread deleted because they want their player to not come under any constructive critisicm.

See this is such a vague and blured grey area.

Whatever mods an admin say, this is entirely subjective to each and every single individual, including those as part of the staff team on MTF. There is no collective view on what is bait between the group of mods, so I don't get how you guys operate.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #938
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master
 
Slasher1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Age: 28
Posts: 7,640
Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Let's go by the urban dictionary definition:

Quote:
Baiting
Something posters do to gain post count. Posters post something dumb, waiting on other peoples posts so he can reply for some +1 post count. Also, posters can flame people as bait, so the person who was flamed will reply, and there will be a big argument, leading to alot of +1 post count.
Expanding upon "posters post something dumb", we get to "posters post something irrelevant, often without argument" in order to "create a debate", which leads to "a big argument". Just because you want to debate something, doesn't make it useful or relevant, even if it is not meant to annoy a fanbase. It is meant to create a big argument though, not to present any fact nor to bring anything new and useful to the attention of the forum. Such non-information is "bait" for trolls to come in the forum and raise the big argument to epic proportions. Trolls do make big arguments anywhere they post, and as you have seen, if they do that in relevant topics such as match threads, the threads get closed as time passes so that the "big argument" ends.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #939
country flag Time Violation
Slacker
 
Time Violation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mount Sharp
Age: 35
Posts: 11,571
Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
Whatever mods an admin say, this is entirely subjective to each and every single individual, including those as part of the staff team on MTF. There is no collective view on what is bait between the group of mods, so I don't get how you guys operate.
We use common sense
__________________
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 AM   #940
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master
 
Slasher1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Age: 28
Posts: 7,640
Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

To make it clear, GM is not a chat section. Any thread made there must add to the information of the forum, or pose a relevant question. Arguments for the sake of arguments are not worthy of any forum.

Any thread meant to chat or speculate violates rule (3)(iii) of the General Messages rules:

Quote:
(3) (iii) Refrain from starting threads or derailing existing ones with the sole intention of speculating on a delicate issue involving a particular player unless there is an actual outside source/link to back the story up. That includes doping and match-fixing allegations, as well as gossip about the given player's personal life.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #941
country flag Pratik
Registered User
 
Pratik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Rheinland-Pfalz
Posts: 8,616
Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
What happened to the davydenko doubles win thread? When I click on it it redirects to Monfils def Gasquet...
I think that it some bug in the forum. For at least 5-6 hours after the first time I noticed this, the doubles forum still had that thread in Last Post column even though the thread was not actually in doubles forum. If the threads were mistakenly merged by a mod, it should not be appearing as the last post of doubles forum(though it doesn't any more, it did for a long time). Definitely a bug.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:50 PM   #942
country flag ProdigyEng
#1
 
ProdigyEng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Age: 21
Posts: 27,674
ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Deathless Mortal
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportstennis View Post
And, Roger Federer ranks 5th.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #943
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30,409
Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Deathless Mortal
If this is about what I think it is, then I'm afraid I can't take the credit. The IP tracking system caught him, not me.
__________________

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #944
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 27
Posts: 4,175
ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
To make it clear, GM is not a chat section.
lol

I laugh when you say that, because that is "exactly" what it is, go over the threads and go and check out howmany half-baked posts are put together. There are many of these "NID, tennis wins, what a pusher, he is GOATing etc etc" posts.

You cannot sit here and say to me the general section is not for the most part a slow and less prompt version of an online chat room. The posts rarely tackle talking points, they're mostly casual chit chat concerning fitness, how much of a mug a player is, or why that player has now become a choker.

You have a completely different overview of how the general messages section actually is and you cannot say that it's because you guys aren't able to monitor each and every post, because they're all over the place screaming at you in the face.

I'm really not that fussed to tell you the truth, I accepted it for it's very casual mess-about threads quite a while back.

Last edited by ClutchOnandWin : 02-10-2014 at 02:14 PM.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #945
country flag ClutchOnandWin
Banned!
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Age: 27
Posts: 4,175
ClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond reputeClutchOnandWin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=406417

There ya go.
ClutchOnandWin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios