Ask MTF Mods - Page 59 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #871
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Respecting the privacy of a poster who requested it via PM, it wouldn't be appropriate to tell you who it was. The thread will stay in the chat section.
I'm not asking the identity of the poster, I'm simply asking if it was Eden or not!
If it was not Eden I want it back where it should be, unless you are saying that my wishes count for less than those of the poster who wanted it moved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #872
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Why have AdeyC and Marto not been promoted to smods when both are great and fair mods?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:19 PM   #873
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
I'm not asking the identity of the poster, I'm simply asking if it was Eden or not!
If it was not Eden I want it back where it should be, unless you are saying that my wishes count for less than those of the poster who wanted it moved.
Although I don't know who requested this either, the thread is fine in the chat section unless the topic starter specifically requests it to be moved back. It's not that your opinion counts for less, it's just that it seems that the topic starter has no qualms about the thread being moved early.

In the case of the other thread, the topic starter made a request for the thread to be moved back to NT, but even so, that's only temporary.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #874
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

We're getting absolutely nowhere by moving threads back and forth. Sure, your word counts just as much as the word of X, so we move the thread back, then Y comes in and requests it be moved to the chat section, then Z says it was better where it was, and so forth. That is why asking the OP is your only choice here, Goldenoldie. If the OP agrees to your request, I see no problem.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:30 PM   #875
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

It was not up to me to ask the OP, it was up to the mod who moved it.
But as you say, Slasher, we are getting absolutely nowhere.
I will keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rules.

In the meantime I will make no further contributions to that thread, and delete those already made.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #876
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

AdeyC and Marto are two of the best mods on this forum. Why have they not been promoted to smods? With the trajectory that some staff had on this forum Martin should be Admin now...

argument.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #877
country flag Andreas
Новак Ђоковић

Andreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
Why have AdeyC and Marto not been promoted to smods when both are great and fair mods?

It was decided that there is currently no need for super mods. There is the same number of active posters above the moderator level as before the latest advancements.

. . . . . . .
Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #878
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
It was decided that there is currently no need for super mods. There is the same number of active posters above the moderator level as before the latest advancements.
Okay. But it still does not answer my question. Both Adrian and Martin have been long standing ACTIVE mods, yet both are still sat at mod position whilst both Domi and Sham who I do not have anything against, were at mod level for a lot less than both Adrian and Martin but are already at Admin position. It seems unfair on both Adrian and Martin that they are not being rewarded for working hard. EXTREMELY unfair.

argument.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:41 PM   #879
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

1) Sorry but it isn't your thing
2) I'm curious how you decide who is active mod and who isn't. Just because I don't think you can know.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:17 PM   #880
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was not up to me to ask the OP, it was up to the mod who moved it.
But as you say, Slasher, we are getting absolutely nowhere.
I will keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rules.

In the meantime I will make no further contributions to that thread, and delete those already made.
I didn't mean to offend you in any way, but I am sure you will do the logical thing and talk to Eden about it. I'm sure it is all a misunderstanding. I highly appreciate your posting around the forum and it will be sad to see you stop contributing anywhere. Please reconsider your decision and let us place your posts back in the forum.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #881
country flag Illusive Man

Illusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond reputeIllusive Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
What Sham is saying is basically this:

I would count injury news, a major move in the rankings or reaching WTF as major player news which can stay in GM.

To you and Sham (whose posts aren't showing up properly, thanks a lot!

Tier 1: Fish, Kuznetsov, Donskoy, Kyrgios, Vesely, Thiem, Coric

Tier 2: All other young players (We need a new generation of players!)

Tier 3: Carreno, Pella, Struff, Janowicz, Goffin
Illusive Man is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #882
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

It was me to ask if the "Let's create an album" thread could be posted in the chat and game section considering it is a game and for example other game threads also go in there when they have a new volume.

I made that request already a while ago and was told that it would be too early to move it there yet.

I don't know exactly what's the number is now whether a threads gets moved - 500 or 1000 posts.

If people prefer to have it just in Non Tennis section I'm fine with this.

No need to argue about something like this please
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #883
country flag Goldenoldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
It was me to ask if the "Let's create an album" thread could be posted in the chat and game section considering it is a game and for example other game threads also go in there when they have a new volume.

I made that request already a while ago and was told that it would be too early to move it there yet.

I don't know exactly what's the number is now whether a threads gets moved - 500 or 1000 posts.

If people prefer to have it just in Non Tennis section I'm fine with this.

No need to argue about something like this please

How unfortunate. All a mod needed to do was tell me in the first place that it was your request.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #884
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How unfortunate. All a mod needed to do was tell me in the first place that it was your request.
I can understand it that they didn't wanted to reveal the name of the person as it was a request in a PM

The moderator didn't knew whether I would like to see the request getting mentioned publically.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:59 AM   #885
country flag Doktor Carpet

Doktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond reputeDoktor Carpet has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=398841

Seriously, this is very disrespectul. Shouldn't have a rule about these "my player only loses cause of injury" kind of threads?
Doktor Carpet is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote