Ask MTF Mods - Page 54 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-08-2014, 12:04 AM   #796
country flag outrider

outrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Why it is allowed to open a lot of Threads in GM with few words and without a real topic to discuss. User "Sombrereolocoo" is opening one thousands threads with something like "ooohhhh i don't know him but a good result for sure..." ...i guess match threads can be open but then opener should write something about it.

Of course nothing will happen. rules here are a joke. pretty disgusting stuff.
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 01:14 AM   #797
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

You are taking shots at sombrero loco again? .

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:15 AM   #798
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
So you do not think that sig is baiting given the circumstances surrounding it?
Bump

argument.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #799
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by outrider View Post
Why it is allowed to open a lot of Threads in GM with few words and without a real topic to discuss. User "Sombrereolocoo" is opening one thousands threads with something like "ooohhhh i don't know him but a good result for sure..." ...i guess match threads can be open but then opener should write something about it.

Of course nothing will happen. rules here are a joke. pretty disgusting stuff.
Match threads are legit; we can't really dictate to people what to write in their posts as long as it's not completely offtopic or breaks the rules in some other way. There would be an awful lot of posts to delete if there were rule which allows only quality stuff
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:42 PM   #800
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

A bug in this thread:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=386681

I edit my first post there but actually the original is showed. When I going to edit it again the modified post is there. Three or four posts of this thread disappeared without any apparent reason.

Quote:
Bump
Sorry m8 but quoting a post is not against the rules in any forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkulpus View Post
Also it's normal sometime not to to have moderators online.
There were some mods posting in GM in that moment. Thanks anyway.

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #801
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
A bug in this thread:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=386681

I edit my first post there but actually the original is showed. When I going to edit it again the modified post is there. Three or four posts of this thread disappeared without any apparent reason.

Sorry m8 but quoting a post is not against the rules in any forum.

There were some mods posting in GM in that moment. Thanks anyway.
In this situation it is baiting and mods know it.

Of course if it was the other way round and I'd done it to bait this particular user I'd be getting PM's from mods telling me to remove it, just like I did in the past with you know who. But it's okay, it's because an admin has a grudge against me so I will never have a leg to stand on when it comes to these situations.

argument.

Last edited by ProdigyEng : 01-09-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #802
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In this situation it is baiting and mods know it.

Of course if it was the other way round and I'd done it to bait this particular user I'd be getting PM's from mods telling me to remove it, just like I did in the past with you know who. But it's okay, it's because an admin has a grudge against me so I will never have a leg to stand on when it comes to these situations.
That's enough.
It's pretty lame of you to cast this "mods are against me" propaganda since you know posters were getting infractions and bans for baiting you and whatnot.
The quote is not edited, it is what you wrote and there is no reason for us to ask the poster to remove it and that's it on the subject.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #803
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
That's enough.
It's pretty lame of you to cast this "mods are against me" propaganda since you know posters were getting infractions and bans for baiting you and whatnot.
The quote is not edited, it is what you wrote and there is no reason for us to ask the poster to remove it and that's it on the subject.
The comment is not directed to you, if you thought that.

And why is there no reason for you to ask the poster to remove it? I'm pretty sure you are aware of what went on between me and that poster. He put that quote in there on purpose to piss me off and that is blatantly obvious. What's more, is when I did a similar thing and copied the style of a users signature that I had had an argument with and just edited what it said, I was told to remove the sig. Why is this situation any different? It's the same thing, yet because it's a quote it's okay is it? It is MY POST, I do not want MY POST in this users signature, and I believe it is my right to have it removed. If it was someone elses post, I would have no ground to stand on, but it's mine and I do not want it there? Do you understand that?

I am pretty sure if samanosuke did a similar thing to you as what has been done to me you'd make sure the quote was removed as soon as possible.

argument.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #804
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I am pretty sure if samanosuke did a similar thing to you as what has been done to me you'd make sure the quote was removed as soon as possible.
actually it happened and i must have removed it, no matter if my posts spent eternity in DM's signature, and all that happened before he became a mod, imagine if i did it now , permaban inevitable
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:23 AM   #805
country flag ProdigyEng

I agree man.

argument.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:37 PM   #806
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

How can you ban pusherforlife and delete his posts simply for expressing his tennis opinion? It's not a crime for expressing one player is more talented than another player who relies on defense and stamina to win. Absolutely nothing wrong with saying that. Wrong opinions or biased opinions are still part of free speech. Maybe he is a bit repetitive, but so are 90% of other posters.

Additionally, his opening of GS threads is a strong tradition here on MTF. You cannot ban him right as the Slam is going to start Even Ferrer fans appreciate it.
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:49 PM   #807
country flag Motoflou
Barkeep

Motoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond repute

He wasn't banned for expressing his tennis opinion. The mods agreed months ago that it is not okay for him to keep opening these repetitive threads where he bashes players and calls them nonsense jokes, talentless, etc. Also, he does it in a nearly-identical way every time, and although some people may find it funny, a lot of users do not. It's basically the definition of trolling. The players that he repeatedly bashes do have fans, and it isn't fair that they have to deal with these disparaging match threads every time their favorite players have a match.

We asked him nicely to stop doing it over and over. He refuses to stop, despite repeated bans, and he knows that he's going to get infractions by doing it. There's no bias here. He knows he's doing something that isn't allowed, knows the consequences, and he continues to do it. So we take action. I can totally understand that some people are upset about it, but there are rules, he's been warned many, many times, and...well, that's all.

Last edited by Motoflou : 01-10-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Motoflou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:44 AM   #808
country flag ProdigyEng

There is certain posters that are just as bad if not worse than PFL, yet nothing is done about them.

argument.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:53 AM   #809
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone change the title of my thread in GM to; Dmitry Verdasco's Brisbane International 2014 Experience

without the The... it won't let me Go Advanced for some reason (probably on my end). Thanks so much

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - KIRILENKO - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:28 AM   #810
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

I see someone did it, but I think you change headline of topic which was open by you with clicking on it

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 115 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 67 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH, Manta CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote