Ask MTF Mods - Page 37 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #541
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
the term 'infract' means a red card
but this actually makes sense. the way Sonja used the verb to infract clearly means to fine/to give an infraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Regarding your main point, you are absolutely right. Since the mods decide whether to delete or infract(in the MTF sense) a post that breaks the rules, the decision will be subjective and thus, there is (tremendous) scope for bias. But, it is the same in football. The referee decides whether the violation deserves a free kick, a yellow or a red. There too there is scope for the referee's bias to come into play, just like a chair umpire/linesman's bias can come into play in a tennis match. The mods claim that they try their best to not let this bias play a role. Whether or not that is true is for us to decide(I, for one, do believe it is to a reasonable extent). If you(or anyone else) thinks it isn't, well, I don't know what can be done about it. Maybe that's what we need to find out.
I've to go out for a while I'll try to reply later
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #542
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
One thing is for sure, there are no "protected" posters.
that's for sure.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #543
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I see, posting questions in here equals to arguing, that's very convenient isn't it?
Not at all – but there seems to be confusion on what you are actually asking.

You have to bear in mind that at times things are a matter of degree and not everything is black and white - for example, a person can be called a silly sausage or a dotdotdot by someone - being called a silly sausage is possibly going to annoy only the person being called that, whereas calling someone a dotdotdot is much more serious and would obviously offend a lot more site posters. When such a post is reported Moderators make a judgement on such issues. Eg Was it done deliberately to upset the poster, or was it just an innocent comment taken the wrong way, etc, etc. It’s not a case of favouring any poster – it’s making a judgement call on each individual case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
Any TF admins/moderators that use this site that I could talk to? Anybody know?
I have forwarded the issue you have mentioned in a PM to me onto a TF Admin.
Old 10-23-2013, 07:31 PM   #544
country flag motorhead
Banned!

So the point is: a user asking why some posts got deleted and Snowwwy replies that probably rules have been broken. Now this obviously not true, every user who's been here for longer than two days knows that, quite often posts that don't break any rules are deleted without any reason, a mod asks for evidence about these non-breaking rules posts that got deleted which is quite funny as said posts have been deleted.
Which means a mod can easily choose not to use yellows or red cards on a user while giving yellows/reds for the very same type of post to another user and no one will bother to question their conduct as no evidence is there to be seen by other users.
For instance which offences fall under the 'only deleting' measure?
Again the answer will be 'it's a mod's discretion'

Besides that I have two more questions:
Is there a time limit for an appeal to be decided, I've submitted one 9 days ago.
The other one is if there's a time limit after which past posts are no longer subjects to infractions?
It wouldn't be too smart from me linking cases of past non infractioned discussion in which I am involved where people got different treatments.

Last edited by motorhead : 10-23-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #545
country flag outrider

outrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond repute

If this guy
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...1&postcount=12
won't receive a ban for this message ....

You get a ban here for editing over a mods change but not for using this two words?

A lot of people lost people because of this asshole from Austria.

I really hope it is because nobodoy saw it ...ban this clown.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #546
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

The exact infraction for him will be decided soon enough. Btw, your trolling in that thread was completely uncalled for, so maybe you will get something as well.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 PM   #547
country flag outrider

outrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
The exact infraction for him will be decided soon enough. Btw, your trolling in that thread was completely uncalled for, so maybe you will get something as well.
What are you talking about? I made one post in the whole thread. I insulted nobody and even mentioned a result. But give me an infraction. I don't care at all. Of course you can also blame me for him insulting a lot of people and using the two words where you can go to jail for 5 years in Germany. Your post is a joke. He came from nowhere and used the two words. I don't even speak to a concrete person in my post. Laughable.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #548
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

What result? You came into doubles thread to say how double tennis is a joke.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #549
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Have any of you ever modded whilst drunk ?
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #550
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
I was initially banned from TF for drunk-posting

NADAL - MATOSEVIC - BORG
TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - BROWN - NALBANDIAN - WAWRINKA

HINGIS - KOURNIKOVA - DOKIC
DEMENTIEVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - MYSKINA - DAVENPORT - RUBIN
SCHNYDER - HANTUCHOVA - SCHETT - MAURESMO - CLIJSTERS
RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL - KVITOVA - JANKOVIC

Dmitry Verdasco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #551
country flag Motoflou
Barkeep

Motoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyEng View Post
I love some good whiskey, but I don't mod while drunk. I got better things to do when I'm drunk! hehe. Not that it would make a difference, honestly...if someone made bad decisions while drunk, the other mods would reverse them and probably not be very happy. heh.

I should start, though.

Last edited by Motoflou : 10-25-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Motoflou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #552
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post

Besides that I have two more questions:
Is there a time limit for an appeal to be decided, I've submitted one 9 days ago.
The other one is if there's a time limit after which past posts are no longer subjects to infractions?
It wouldn't be too smart from me linking cases of past non infractioned discussion in which I am involved where people got different treatments.
11 and counting
Old 10-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #553
country flag motorhead
Banned!

can I open a thread on appeals statistics?
do all mods have to take part in an appeal's process or just a certain % of them is requred for every vote?

Last edited by motorhead : 10-26-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #554
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

All moderators may review the case, that is, apart from the person that gave the warning/infraction. After about a week, as long as a reasonable amount of moderators have given their opinion (there is currently no strict amount and moderators aren't forced to give their opinion either way), a final decision will be made using the rules stated here-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...php?p=17040353
Sham Kay is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #555
country flag motorhead
Banned!

how does the vote look like? the appeal mod opens a thread where he posts the 'infracted' user's reasoning and mods vote it or what? does the appeal Mod himself take part in the vote?

can I open a thread on appeals statistics?

who decides when the the vote lasted enough to close the case?