Ask MTF Mods - Page 35 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #511
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
And I didn't say some infractions are not fined
Yes, you did it here: If you would be infracted for every time you break any rules, I fear our banned list would be too long

which obviusly means that some rules infractions are not fined.
Quote:
I don't even know where you guessed it.
see above.

Quote:
I said two different post where the rules was broken aren't always on the same level. Maybe one of them is that fine, we won't infract and the another one is 1000 times worse.
You came up with the For two same infraction from two different poster they will get the same only after my questioning, now you seem to talk about two posts from the same user? or if it's not the case that means that although the gravity of the rules violations differs, one poster could get away with it because another poster infraction has broken the rules to a higher extent which again means there's some form of discrimination as an infraction is an infraction regardless of the the posts surrounding the infractions.

Quote:
That's why there are deleted posts WITHOUT infraction.
I'm sorry but this doesn't explain anything really, some passages are totally obscure;
Maybe one of them is that fine

what does that even means?

Quote:
You saw more on my post than I actually wanted to tell
what exactly more would I have been seeing in your post that differs from your intended meaning?

Last edited by motorhead : 10-23-2013 at 04:06 PM.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #512
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

@motorhead:
Sonja is saying that every infraction is counted towards a ban, but every rule break is not given an infraction.
The term 'infraction' here is the same as a red card and is NOT synonymous to a rule break. For some rule breaks, the posts are simply deleted instead of giving an infraction.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #513
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Yes, you did it here: If you would be infracted for every time you break any rules, I fear our banned list would be too long

which obviusly means that some rules infractions are not fined.

see above.

You came up with the For two same infraction from two different poster they will get the same only after my questioning, now you seem to talk about two posts from the same user? or if it's not the case that means that although the gravity of the rules violations differs, one poster could get away with it because another poster infraction has broken the rules to a higher extent which again means there's some form of discrimination as an infraction is an infraction regardless of the the posts surrounding the infractions.

I'm sorry but this doesn't explain anything really, some passages are totally obscure;
Maybe one of them is that fine

what does that even means?
Now I'm sure you completely lost me. From the begin. You said posts was deleted, as they wasn't infracted, they didn't break any rules.
Then I meant not every posts are infracted because few of posts are fine compared to infracted posts. That was all I wanted to say. And if we infract those posts too what we only delete, we would give very very lot of infractions but we aren't that fascist.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #514
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
@motorhead:
Sonja is saying that every infraction is counted towards a ban, but every rule break is not given an infraction.
The term 'infraction' here is the same as a red card and is NOT synonymous to a rule break. For some rule breaks, the posts the simply deleted instead of giving an infraction.
Thank you, now I see some people understand what I try to tell
Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 PM   #515
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
@motorhead:
The term 'infraction' here is the same as a red card and is NOT synonymous to a rule break. For some rule breaks, the posts are simply deleted instead of giving an infraction.
that's exactly what I'm criticizing, if not every rules break is given an infraction it means mods can arbitrarily decide which posts get a red and which not (providing both are against the rules).
Old 10-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #516
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
And if we infract those posts too what we only delete, we would give very very lot of infractions but we aren't that fascist.
I think you really don't know what to infract means to begin with and it's sometimes difficult to follow your posts given your english.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #517
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Quote:
that's exactly what I'm criticizing, if not every rules break is given an infraction it means mods can arbitrarily decide which posts get a red and which not (providing both are against the rules).
It isn't that easy. If every posts was infracted what was deleted, we would have at least 50 more permabanned users. It's not what we want to reach.

MTF posters will always complain. Now you think that's not fair on this way. Otherwise you would complain we are robotic. And posters rightfully would ask why I got infraction for this? You know there are 'mild' things. Not fair to give infraction for them too and do the same way with something which is 1000 times worse. Maybe if you would try to look on this way.

But.. it's not the thing I should talk to you anyway. It was my last reply.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #518
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Compare it to football. Some rule breakings just give a free kick. Others give a yellow card. Again others give a red card. Removing posts without infractions is equivalent to the free kick. I'm sure you don't feel every football player should get a yellow card for each free kick.
vBookie net amount won: 31401 (2014: +24706, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 109 (high 90), TT doubles rank 63 (high 63).
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #519
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Compare it to football. Some rule breakings just give a free kick. Others give a yellow card. Again others give a red card. Removing posts without infractions is equivalent to the free kick. I'm sure you don't feel every football player should get a yellow card for each free kick.

Here we are talking about posts which didn't break any rules but got removed.
There have certainly been posts that infringed the rules and got deleted without reds or yellow cards had been given out for said rules infringements.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #520
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Quote:

Here we are talking about posts which didn't break any rules but got removed.
There have certainly been posts that infringed the rules and got deleted without reds or yellow cards had been given out for said rules infringements.
Think what you want. But I tell you it would be a hard maneuver as we are enough as admins/supermods/mods. Especially for a reported post.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #521
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
Think what you want. But I tell you it would be a hard maneuver as we are enough as admins/supermods/mods. Especially for a reported post.

How can a deleted post be reported? I'm talking about a mod's decision taken before deleting the post, it's not my 'thinking' it's what you have just been saying for two pages that some rules breaking posts gets deleted and not considered worth a yellow or red.

Last edited by motorhead : 10-23-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #522
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

I thought you mean we show favor for few posters.

But seriously, why does it matter if we do it on post-base and not poster-base? Anyway..
Old 10-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #523
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:

But seriously, why does it matter if we do it on post-base and not poster-base? Anyway..
Do what?
Also may I ask why I get replies to some of my posts in here via reps from you? Don't you have a limit for that like other users?
I really don't like this behind the scenes attacks/replies.
For the sake of precision to infract doesn't mean to fine/to give an infraction, it's quite the opposite.
You can have a look here http://www.thefreedictionary.com/infract

Last edited by motorhead : 10-23-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #524
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Quote:
Do what?
Also may I ask why I get replies to some of my posts in here via reps from you? Don't you have a limit for that like other users?
I really don't like this behind the scenes attacks/replies.
For the sake of precision to infract doesn't mean to fine/to give an infraction, it's quite the opposite.
You can have a look here http://www.thefreedictionary.com/infract
I'm an admin so I have unlimited reps. On the first reply I thought you went away as you haven't post since a while.

Here you can report the second if you felt attacked: http://www.menstennisforums.com/member.php?u=38295
But I didn't mean to and it wasn't at all.

And I could tell you what I don't like but no, I don't want to start it now.

I think I know what 'infract' mean but thanks for caring anyway. If we talk about that, on the GM there are million words which has nothing to do with original meaning.

Your first part of post "do what". you ask that like we didn't even speak about anything. MAYBE if you lost.. moderating on posts.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #525
country flag motorhead
Banned!

if by moderating on posts you mean arbitrarly choosing which posts gets deleted without fines been given and which are deleted with fines given out (providing both contain rules infringements) that's the same as favoring some users over others cause if a user is not given a fine matching his infractions inevitably another used is damaged.
it's like saying that not punishing a bank robber for his crime won't damage other people cause it's a decision only concerning said perpetrator rather than the entire community.

Last edited by motorhead : 10-23-2013 at 05:25 PM.