Ask MTF Mods - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #196
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Since using the IE 10 MTF offers me a spelling test and underlines words in red and automatically uses capitalization for words.

Do you have any idea how I can change this?

Thanks in advance
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #197
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Is it not time mods went over some of the perma banned users and give them a second chance? The reason I am suggesting this is because I have just realized that there are some users that are temp banned for breaking rules a certain amount of times, whereas other users are permabanned, for breaking the same rule, the same amount of times. I am not sure if this is a genuine mistake on mods part, i.e new rule implementation after the perma bans, or just general inconsistency.

Temp Ban:
Caesar1844 07-24-2013, ~04:00 PM 3rd Discriminatory Remarks

Perma Ban:
LawrenceofTennis 03-06-2012 Never Discriminatory Remarks - 3rd Strike

Regardless of whichever reasoning, I think these users deserve to be given a second chance, to fall in line with the new rules the site has. To me, it is a little unfair that these users fell underneath rules of an old regime (didn't want to use that word lol).

I mean, a lot of users can be reformed, and I think a probationary period in which users in this case get a 1-2 month period to prove their worth, if they do, they stay, if they don't, they are perma banned...
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #198
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Since using the IE 10 MTF offers me a spelling test and underlines words in red and automatically uses capitalization for words.

Do you have any idea how I can change this?

Thanks in advance
I am using IE 10 too but don't have automatic capitalization
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #199
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Is it not time mods went over some of the perma banned users and give them a second chance? The reason I am suggesting this is because I have just realized that there are some users that are temp banned for breaking rules a certain amount of times, whereas other users are permabanned, for breaking the same rule, the same amount of times. I am not sure if this is a genuine mistake on mods part, i.e new rule implementation after the perma bans, or just general inconsistency.

Temp Ban:
Caesar1844 07-24-2013, ~04:00 PM 3rd Discriminatory Remarks

Perma Ban:
LawrenceofTennis 03-06-2012 Never Discriminatory Remarks - 3rd Strike

Regardless of whichever reasoning, I think these users deserve to be given a second chance, to fall in line with the new rules the site has. To me, it is a little unfair that these users fell underneath rules of an old regime (didn't want to use that word lol).

I mean, a lot of users can be reformed, and I think a probationary period in which users in this case get a 1-2 month period to prove their worth, if they do, they stay, if they don't, they are perma banned...
This was a thought I had myself, but I soon persuaded myself to think again.

Mods, like judges, can only deal with the rules as they are at the time they apply them. Like all societies MTF evolves. Some rules become stricter or more explicit (baiting, trolling), some more relaxed, as in the example you quote.

I will give two ridiculously extreme examples from the U.K.

In 1965 the death penalty for murder was abolished. Someone who was hanged in 1964 cannot be brought back to life because the law is now different.

Conversely in 1967 abortion was made legal. A baby born in 1966 would now be 47. What if the mother did not want it, and would have aborted it if she could? Kill the 47 year old because the law has changed?

And who can say that the laws won't change back again at some point?

The mods have repeatedly said that they are not going back over old permabans, no matter how much you or I or anyone else would like to see it, and they will certainly not be applying new rules to old cases.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #200
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
This was a thought I had myself, but I soon persuaded myself to think again.

Mods, like judges, can only deal with the rules as they are at the time they apply them. Like all societies MTF evolves. Some rules become stricter or more explicit (baiting, trolling), some more relaxed, as in the example you quote.

I will give two ridiculously extreme examples from the U.K.

In 1965 the death penalty for murder was abolished. Someone who was hanged in 1964 cannot be brought back to life because the law is now different.

Conversely in 1967 abortion was made legal. A baby born in 1966 would now be 47. What if the mother did not want it, and would have aborted it if she could? Kill the 47 year old because the law has changed?

And who can say that the laws won't change back again at some point?

The mods have repeatedly said that they are not going back over old permabans, no matter how much you or I or anyone else would like to see it, and they will certainly not be applying new rules to old cases.
I know this isn't the place to argue, but your examples are completely wrong.

For one, someone who was hanged in 1964 can't be brought back to life, you're right. However, someone who was put on death row can be taken off of death row. These posters are still alive, so they can be brought back

Also, comparing being banned on a forum to abortion is just We're talking about posters being punished, abortion isn't a punishment and has no relation to being banned.

Sorry if this was the wrong place to argue

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #201
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

I have questions about trolling infractions. When you get the first one, is it just warning or immediately counts like real one and leads to ban ?
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #202
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
I have questions about trolling infractions. When you get the first one, is it just warning or immediately counts like real one and leads to ban ?
All of this can be found here.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...6#post15212506

How it works:

Warning
Infraction - No Ban
Infraction - 1 Day Ban
Old 06-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #203
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

hi, i have already complained about this, but it seems he wont stop. please do something about this guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by outrider View Post
Wasted WC. Milton has no future and no past. Pure average. Will prob not even win a set against Sugita. Shame that a guy like Ward-Hibbert who played in Egypt on clay on Thursday and is a local player didn't get a WC but he will qualify i hope. Cmon Josh! I hope he will get a QWC for Wimbledon, too. He has the perfect game for a grass court. Big forehand, big serve, good net play and a bombing one-handed backhand.
this is, imo, crossing the line, not the same as calling someone a choker or a mug. he has said even worse things, and he seems to keep doing this...

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #204
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
hi, i have already complained about this, but it seems he wont stop. please do something about this guy

this is, imo, crossing the line, not the same as calling someone a choker or a mug. he has said even worse things, and he seems to keep doing this...
Things like this were being targeted by the new player bashing rule, but it is not going into effect at this time, there is a long thread about it which I am sure you have seen.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #205
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Things like this were being targeted by the new player bashing rule, but it is not going into effect at this time, there is a long thread about it which I am sure you have seen.
what in that post would've been against the rules? calling a player average? That is pure criticism without bashing. If anything, that's what you wanted.

Sombrerero loco: No words. Seriously, so childish. people are allowed to think little of players you like.

Last edited by Kat_YYZ : 06-09-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Kat_YYZ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #206
country flag Andreas
Новак Ђоковић

Andreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond repute

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that post. Please don't report posts in public, sombrerero loco. Use the function specifically designed for it instead.

. . . . . .
Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #207
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

lol Somebrero loco

don't want to discuss if this post crossed the line or not because it's too obvious . Thing which confuses me is, weren't you against this bashing rule ? I mean this post wouldn't be bashing even if this rule exists but still
Old 06-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #208

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

ok. yeah i think acussing a player of tanking a match without any evidence on QR2 is also not too much and doesnt go against the rules. great to know someone got his post edited for calling gasquet a choker and not for this.

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
Old 06-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #209
country flag samanosuke

and where was tanking accusation in that post ?
Old 06-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #210

it was already reported by me to snowwy. if you read my message, i say "i have already complained about this"

he called some players " a piece of shit" too and things which are way worse. he accused of tanking a match to dustin brown on qr2 in nottingham last week. if i dont copy it here too it is because i am not only complaining about that last message, but about this situation which this user, that doesnt want to stop

so no, it was not only i am "reporting this post" or something but complaining about a situation. i dont think it is allowed on the forum accusing someone of tanking without evidence, specially when that was in QR2 not even in QR, so he wouldnt have entered as a LL

Henkka Kontinen