Ask MTF Mods - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #181
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
Thanks, but that doesn't solve the problem, does it? If I think a particular moderator is doing a bad job, me joining the team doesn't change that fact, does it?
No, but moderators have the facility to interact with each other in private, and perhaps say things which could not be said in public. You may find that the mod in question will accept constructive criticism, or you may even find that you are wrong and they are doing a better job than you realise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #182
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate that, but I don't think that's the best way to solve this problem. I am not the only one who holds this view, I've been in contact with many other posters who hold this opinion as well, and they will back me up on this one. Does that change anything? Or are the moderators oblivious to popular opinion?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #183
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not a mod, despite my job title, so I have no idea how the mods react to popular opinion. I expect that they are conscious of it, as I am.
I do know that they have collective responsibility for all decisions, so it is no good saying "Mods A, B & C are ok but let's campaign for the removal of Mod X". I can only amplify what I said earlier, don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #184
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I appreciate that, but I don't think that's the best way to solve this problem. I am not the only one who holds this view, I've been in contact with many other posters who hold this opinion as well, and they will back me up on this one. Does that change anything? Or are the moderators oblivious to popular opinion?
I think you should say names ...

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 118(Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 94 (Best 70) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires QF Auckland, QF Houston (with stbanchile)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:3 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #185
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
I think you should say names ...
LOL

GOOD LUCK IN UNRETIREMENT JOHNNY GROOVE
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #186
Andreas
Новак Ђоковић

Andreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond reputeAndreas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you have anything concrete or a specific complaint, I'd advise you to either face the problem and send that moderator a PM, or, if you prefer, you can express yourself to any of the other moderators.

Andreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:48 AM   #187
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
I'm not a mod, despite my job title, so I have no idea how the mods react to popular opinion. I expect that they are conscious of it, as I am.
I do know that they have collective responsibility for all decisions, so it is no good saying "Mods A, B & C are ok but let's campaign for the removal of Mod X". I can only amplify what I said earlier, don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes.
But what if there are, say, 50+ posters or even more wanting one particular moderator/admin to be stripped of his position due to, say, abuse of power? Is there any action that can be taken?
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #188
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
But what if there are, say, 50+ posters or even more wanting one particular moderator/admin to be stripped of his position due to, say, abuse of power? Is there any action that can be taken?
Agree with all of this. Make it happen.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:00 AM   #189
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I may or may not agree to a forum wide referendum, it all depends on the situation. But 50 posters is a bare fraction of the total representation of this forum. There are 54,000 members, maybe 30,000 are active on a daily basis. It needs to be 10,000 or above in order for this to work.

I agree that you may need to have your infraction evaluated, but it's a little farfetched to say it was an abuse of power. If it was, you would have been permanently banned. But you're banned according to the number of infractions you have received.

Either way, welcome back and I wish you well in your endavours. You can pass as a historic figure of this board.

#Independence Day?
King Rafael "#1 Papi!" Nadal 1-8-2-2-G-61 | Prince Andy "Lendlray" Murray 1-1-G-28

WTA Royalties
Queen Maria Sharapova 1-1-1-1-S-29 | VIP Ana "Adje!" Ivanovic 1-12 | Madame Li Na 1-1- 9
Mong Mong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #190
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can always write Vertical Scope.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #191
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Saberq banned?

GOOD LUCK IN UNRETIREMENT JOHNNY GROOVE
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #192
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abel-o-matic View Post
I may or may not agree to a forum wide referendum, it all depends on the situation. But 50 posters is a bare fraction of the total representation of this forum. There are 54,000 members, maybe 30,000 are active on a daily basis. It needs to be 10,000 or above in order for this to work.
No way a half of the total members can be active on daily basis, those would be unreal stats, how did you come up with that?
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #193
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

30,000 members active each day?

lmao, no chance

try a few hundred members
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #194
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

and 50+ out of a few hundred, that's anywhere from 10%-25%...
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #195
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. I only usually lurk, so I only assumed from the statistics.
King Rafael "#1 Papi!" Nadal 1-8-2-2-G-61 | Prince Andy "Lendlray" Murray 1-1-G-28

WTA Royalties
Queen Maria Sharapova 1-1-1-1-S-29 | VIP Ana "Adje!" Ivanovic 1-12 | Madame Li Na 1-1- 9
Mong Mong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote