Ask MTF Mods - Page 114 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #1696
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

A few of the threads have been split (the most recent of the bigger ones).

The idea is to allow individual threads to be created, but if they generate no major discussion, to merge them in the super-thread in order to help searching through GM.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #1697
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

we ve had a few matches with 2 results thread yesterday(none of them made by me). if you put them all together, is when search button wont work, because they wont find a thread and if someone wants to make one...then he will make double post. but not without a reason, because the match doesnt have a thread anymore

the fact it doesnt get many answers doesnt mean it isnt important. this is tennis forums. maybe challengers or juniors threads get the same amount of messages sometimes and i dont see any people complaining against it: this is a fine tennis forum to discuse about players, results...even if they are not the most well-known. GS qualies ARE important enough...

and really, still no one answered to my question: why it was never a problem when i ve been doing this for years since i came to the forums for every slam, and suddenly its a problem? the answer is obvious. and its obvious its not because of the reasons some people said above.

about other problems, yeah, my message about future subforum was ignored?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
being back at what matters

futures subforum this time. i alerted what happened would happen(it happened in the past. this guy updates every 5 minutes for days/weeks, i mean too much. then suddenly disappears for ages). the guy creates all the threads for the next week on thursday(putting the ones from this week to the second page. i make this on friday usually and not putting the current tournaments to the second page), and then dont update qualifying draw since then. you open threads 2 days before a tournament starts, and then, 3-4 days after every qualifying has finished, you dont have time to update any of them...

we have 25 tournaments this week and im afraid the mods will have to do the work, because he/she seems interested in posting messages but not updating the draws(it doesnt give more messages to your account i guess), and also, calls chinese taipei F1 tournament(listed like that on ITF) "taiwan F1" and doesnt want to change it even if i told him/her the official tournament is called chinese taipei F1: http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100032291
hope some of you can change it: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=510306
and if you want to update the 25 qualifying draws you can do it...because maybe on sunday you will have to update 25 doubles draws and 25 main draws too, plus adding the name of the winner on 25 threads

please edit the name of chinese taipei F1´s tournament thread on the link i gave above if possible, please. the other things can wait...but it seems the guy wont update them though

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #1698
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post

please edit the name of chinese taipei F1´s tournament thread on the link i gave above if possible, please. the other things can wait...but it seems the guy wont update them though

I don't speak Chinese so I can't verify if this tournament is really called one or the other. Taiwan is the correct name of the country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tories_in_Asia
vBookie net amount won: 27174 (2014: +20479, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 96, TT doubles rank 81.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #1699
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I don't speak Chinese so I can't verify if this tournament is really called one or the other. Taiwan is the correct name of the country.
But Chinese Taipei is the country's sports' name:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Taipei
http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/tournaments/men's-tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100032291

It's not such a big deal if you ask me. As long as users understand what country we are talking about.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:26 PM   #1700
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
It's not such a big deal if you ask me. As long as users understand what country we are talking about.
I agree it's not a big deal, that's why I don't want to change what is already there. I wouldn't change from Chinese Taipei to Taiwan either.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:32 PM   #1701

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

its a big deal for me. the official name of the tournament is the one listed on itf tennis. i dont really care about the real name of the country, we are talking about the tournament here and it has an official name which is chinese taipei f1 and not taiwan f1

btw, we had last year a switzerland future called played in vaduz and it wasnt called liechtenstein future but switzerland future. lets respect itf´s official names...

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
Old 08-21-2014, 02:52 PM   #1702
Joey Tribbiani

Joey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond repute

God insulted badly in a rep for this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Tribbiani View Post
If Ferrer breaks, Roger should try the desperation card.. he should start butt picking and smelling his fingers.

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

'The future is just a fucking concept that we use to avoid being alive today.'

'You only get one life. There's no God, no rules, except for those you accept or create for yourself. Then once it's over... it's over. Dreamless sleep forever and ever. So why not be happy while you're here?'
Joey Tribbiani is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #1703
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Tribbiani View Post
God insulted badly in a rep for this post:
Solved.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:46 PM   #1704
country flag MDot

MDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond reputeMDot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I dont like to be like this, but the official name of the country is Republic of China so you cant say that the real name of the country is Taiwan although everyone calls them this. Also they are not claiming to my knowledge that they are a new country but they claim they are the real government of China from 1949 when they retrieved their forces to the island of Taiwan during the Chinese Civil War. Again dont want to be a jerk but this could be thin ice in both China
MDot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #1705

the thing is what the official name for the tournament is. and its chinese taipei. and no one has changed it even though i complained about it =S

MDot

Henkka Kontinen
Old 08-21-2014, 08:55 PM   #1706
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDot View Post
I dont like to be like this, but the official name of the country is Republic of China so you cant say that the real name of the country is Taiwan although everyone calls them this. Also they are not claiming to my knowledge that they are a new country but they claim they are the real government of China from 1949 when they retrieved their forces to the island of Taiwan during the Chinese Civil War. Again dont want to be a jerk but this could be thin ice in both China
OK, I admit to knowing too little about this and that was also my starting point. I'm not overruling one name in favour of the other.

Old 08-23-2014, 09:35 PM   #1707

hi,

i would like to ask you help for the futures subforum again. as i told you, the user who made the threads this week didnt edit any of them, and he just published some results on some threads(on futures subforum) today, so i guess he wont edit them. i ve asked to edit them multiple times throughout the week, without any result...

all the qualifying draws and almost all the doubles draw are finished by now and none of them are updated...

to make it easier, i will link you guys to the threads that can be edited completely already(q-draw, main draw and doubles draw. plus winner on the title of the thread). hope someone can make it! thanks in advance!
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=510450
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=510578
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=510665
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=510681
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=510322
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=510338

if we have a futures mod, this message is for him/her, but i dont think we have one, so please help us mod team!!

Henkka Kontinen
Old 08-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #1708

hi,

i accept someone cannot do their work here without wifi, or without time

but this guy, the OP, has updated the full results for the next week(so he has time) and yet he doesnt add the draws from last week!!!(he/she opened the threads)

and im afraid he will never edit them, because it doesnt give you more messages to your account

if someone isnt interested in updating them, why opening all the threads like there is no tomorrow? just do your duty man...

anyway, there are 3 tournaments(gabon, taiwan, which should be chinese taipei and russia) with draws added. all the other 22 tournaments need to be edited by mod team or someone. so please do it...or tell this guy to do it. but he wont probably do it, he is out of control he will keep updating every 5 minutes posting results, but of course no time to edit the draws on page 1 when he opened the threads....god, im really fed up of this

please help us, edit the draws, and i promise i will take care of the threads in the future so people not interested enough to update them once tournaments are over, open them

please help, seriously

thanks in advance

Henkka Kontinen

Last edited by Sombrerero loco : 08-25-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #1709
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

I have been looking through this problem.

What exactly do you mean by draw is not updated?

For instance, I'm trying to compare with past events. Like this one: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=506105

I don't see the main draw or the doubles draw being added there either. In the 3rd and 4th post I mean.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #1710

because of the bot. if you look at it, i updated it back in then and if you quote the message, the draw will be seen

btw: is it possible to change taiwan for chinese taipei? its the official name listed on itftennis.com ... here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=510306

Henkka Kontinen