Ask MTF Mods - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #136
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
They can change I am sure.
For me I don't think they should have to, but that's my opinion.

Their posts are as much of a part of MTF as the in depth analysis posts.

I visit MTF to discuss Tennis, but also have a bit of a laugh and a joke. Guys like t doc, tag, heya etc provide good laughs, and I don't think they should be punished for their posting style.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #137
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
For me I don't think they should have to, but that's my opinion.

Their posts are as much of a part of MTF as the in depth analysis posts.

I visit MTF to discuss Tennis, but also have a bit of a laugh and a joke. Guys like t doc, tag, heya etc provide good laughs, and I don't think they should be punished for their posting style.
Their posts haven't been allowed since long before you were a member. One of those posters has 20 infractions and has been given a permanent ban warning. One of those posters was inactive for like 7 years and changed their posting style significantly between the eras. The other poster opens threads intended to bash players. None of this is allowed here and none of it has been since long before you were a member.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #138
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

How could I search old threads in search engine ( from 2003-2007 or so ) ?

I knew how to do it but haven't used it for years so forgot it
Old 05-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #139
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post

Advanced Search - Find Posts from (a year ago) (and older), not sure there's a better way
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #140
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Advanced Search - Find Posts from (a year ago) (and older), not sure there's a better way
nah, it will just show 250 results in that period

there was some other way just i don't remember it
Old 05-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #141
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will get limited results in any search. Of course, you can go to GM (or other forum you want) and display all the threads from beginning, and then manually try to find the right year. It takes time though.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #142
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I am not sure.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #143
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Have the admin team or even the owners ever thought of upgrading the forum to vBulletin 4 or 5? Imo this version is so outdated. There is so much more features available on 4 and 5.

argument.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #144
Snowwy

Quote:
Have the admin team or even the owners ever thought of upgrading the forum to vBulletin 4 or 5? Imo this version is so outdated. There is so much more features available on 4 and 5.
Yes, I asked about this the day I became an admin. It is entirely up to the owners.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:11 PM   #145
country flag ProdigyEng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Yes, I asked about this the day I became an admin. It is entirely up to the owners.
Ah okay. Hope it can be done soon. Both version are much more stable than this one .

argument.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:21 PM   #146
Snowwy

Quote:
Ah okay. Hope it can be done soon. Both version are much more stable than this one .
I find the blue version does everything I need done and fairly quickly.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #147
country flag ProdigyEng

The 4 and 5 versions have much more interactivity for users though

argument.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #148
country flag samanosuke

what's up with RagingLamb ? He isn't admin anymore ?
Old 06-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #149
Snowwy

Quote:
what's up with RagingLamb ? He isn't admin anymore ?
RagingLamb has decided it is time to move on with his life. He is very busy with a number of things. RagingLamb has done a great job at this site for years and it is very sad that he is leaving but we are all wishing the best for him going forward.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #150
country flag samanosuke

Wish him the best also

But how this looks now? He was the one who brought or at least tried to apply that very debatable " Bashing players rule " and now when it has to be formally applied the guy who should be the most responsible for working of it isn't here anymore . Sorry but now it looks even more disputable than it was before