The reality is that del Potro is easily the fourth best tennis player in the world - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is del Potro the fifth best tennis player on planet Earth at the moment?

Yes, easily 81 29.14%
It's between him and Berdych/Tsonga or both 59 21.22%
No, Ferrer is 110 39.57%
He's one of the best four 28 10.07%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 04-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #91
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30,241
Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post
Nadal is more limited than Djokovic and Fed, and has positive H2H
Murray is more limited than than Federer, but also leading H2H.
So? Doesn't change the fact that what you wrote in the previous post is more contradictory than my username.
__________________

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #92
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30,241
Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
The most ironic thing about this thread is that the people defending Ferrer based on H2H are mostly Fedtards who claim it doesn't matter when it comes to Federer and Nadal Ridiculous how some still can't get over the USO 2009 final, I know it stopped Fed from holding all 4 Slams at once and being the first to win a Slam six years in a row -but it was almost 4 years ago and Federer has 17 Slams and plenty other records and is probably the best tennis player ever, it's time to let it go.
You talking about not letting things go. Now I've seen it all.
Mister Mark "Del Potro loses to mugs because he had an injury in the 16th century" Lenders talking about not letting things go.
__________________

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #93
country flag Honestly
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,837
Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
It's a fact. He might not have been able to hang with the current top 4 post surgery, but he's still comfortably a better player than anyone else. He's also 5-5 in his last 10 matches against said top 4 so the signs are that the gap is closing, not increasing.

Surgery/injuries have affected his relative standing in the game compared to the current top 4, but that's all. He's still better than everyone else. This has been the case ever since his return.

Discuss.

You take the Ferrer vulture thing too far but I have to admit you are right here. Ferrer could never dream of doing what Delpo did in IW or the USO. Delpo just needs better consistency. Rankings don't always tell the whole story. Ferrer does vulture a lot of MM events.
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #94
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast
 
emotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 19
Posts: 37,154
emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is than del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
To steal from another poster:

I don't understand how anybody can think DP the 5th best player at the moment.

Points from slams and WTF: Ferrer 2920, DP 1390
Points from Masters: Ferrer 2160, DP 1520
Points from small tournaments: Ferrer 1890, DP 1840

Total points: Ferrer 6970, DP 4750
I may have to make this my sig
__________________


Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #95
country flag Guga_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,555
Guga_fan has a reputation beyond reputeGuga_fan has a reputation beyond reputeGuga_fan has a reputation beyond reputeGuga_fan has a reputation beyond reputeGuga_fan has a reputation beyond reputeGuga_fan has a reputation beyond reputeGuga_fan has a reputation beyond reputeGuga_fan has a reputation beyond reputeGuga_fan has a reputation beyond reputeGuga_fan has a reputation beyond reputeGuga_fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
You take the Ferrer vulture thing too far but I have to admit you are right here. Ferrer could never dream of doing what Delpo did in IW or the USO. Delpo just needs better consistency. Rankings don't always tell the whole story. Ferrer does vulture a lot of MM events.
Ferrer has already done that, beating both in straights.
Guga_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #96
country flag Mark Lenders
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 12,948
Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
You take the Ferrer vulture thing too far but I have to admit you are right here. Ferrer could never dream of doing what Delpo did in IW or the USO. Delpo just needs better consistency. Rankings don't always tell the whole story. Ferrer does vulture a lot of MM events.


He probably does dream about it, he just doesn't have the ability to do it because he's not as good a tennis player, simple as that. It's good to see that not all Federer fans are hating on JMDP because of that USO final
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #97
country flag Nole Rules
Registered User
 
Nole Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 22
Posts: 7,065
Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Delpo >>> Ferrer. Fact. Anyone thinks otherwise is delusional.
__________________
Djokovic - Lacko - Tipsarevic - Gulbis - Del Potro - Cilic - Nishikori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #98
country flag Honestly
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,837
Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post


He probably does dream about it, he just doesn't have the ability to do it because he's not as good a tennis player, simple as that. It's good to see that not all Federer fans are hating on JMDP because of that USO final
I'm a big Delpo fan. I don't hate on players for beating my favorite. I hate them for who they are.
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #99
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30,241
Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Delpo >>> Ferrer. Fact. Anyone thinks otherwise is delusional.
So, how does it feel being Lenders' lapdog?
__________________

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #100
country flag Mark Lenders
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 12,948
Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole Rules View Post
Delpo >>> Ferrer. Fact. Anyone thinks otherwise is delusional.
Look at the poll though, no shortage of such people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
I'm a big Delpo fan. I don't hate on players for beating my favorite. I hate them for who they are.
Means you're a real fan of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
So, how does it feel being Lenders' lapdog?
So agreeing with me makes someone my lapdog eh? Flawless logic there.

Also, it's the other way round. I can barely get games off him when we play TopSpin online, even when I'm Djokovic and he's Simon. If anything, I'm his lapdog
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #101
country flag retister
Registered User
 
retister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 38
Posts: 1,283
retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
It's a fact. He might not have been able to hang with the current top 4 post surgery, but he's still comfortably a better player than anyone else. He's also 5-5 in his last 10 matches against said top 4 so the signs are that the gap is closing, not increasing.

Surgery/injuries have affected his relative standing in the game compared to the current top 4, but that's all. He's still better than everyone else. This has been the case ever since his return.
So, your ONLY real argument is that he is doing well against top 4, since David is ahead of him in every other aspect of the game.
And yet, it is preposterous to say that Fed cannot be goat because of his h2h with Nadal.
Man, this exclude-the-rest-of-the-field-when-it-suits-me game is sure darn difficult to grasp.
retister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #102
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30,241
Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
So agreeing with me makes someone my lapdog eh? Flawless logic there.
Nah, otherwise I'd be calling everyone that agrees with you your lapdog. NR is a special case, creating threads and making videos for you, and yes, agreeing with you 24/7 as if he never had his own opinion on anything.

Quote:
Also, it's the other way round. I can barely get games off him when we play TopSpin online, even when I'm Djokovic and he's Simon. If anything, I'm his lapdog
Again you with your fantasy world. Get real, Lenders.
__________________

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #103
country flag Mark Lenders
Registered User
 
Mark Lenders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 12,948
Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Nah, otherwise I'd be calling everyone that agrees with you your lapdog. NR is a special case, creating threads and making videos for you, and yes, agreeing with you 24/7 as if he never had his own opinion on anything.



Again you with your fantasy world. Get real, Lenders.
Or maybe, just maybe, his opinion often happens to coincide with mine and there's nothing more to it. But why let logic get in the way of a perfectly good ad hominen?
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #104
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤
 
Deathless Mortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 30,241
Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Or maybe, just maybe, his opinion often happens to coincide with mine and there's nothing more to it. But why let logic get in the way of a perfectly good ad hominen?
Nice of you to stand up for him. A truly heartwarming story about a clown and his lapdog.
__________________

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #105
country flag Nole Rules
Registered User
 
Nole Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Age: 22
Posts: 7,065
Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
So, how does it feel being Lenders' lapdog?
That's the best you can do? Okey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathless Mortal View Post
Nah, otherwise I'd be calling everyone that agrees with you your lapdog. NR is a special case, creating threads and making videos for you, and yes, agreeing with you 24/7 as if he never had his own opinion on anything.
You are even lying here to prove your point. How pathetic. This is simply not true. We disagreed many times before.
__________________
Djokovic - Lacko - Tipsarevic - Gulbis - Del Potro - Cilic - Nishikori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
You never know with Djokovic. He is as predictable as Calgary weather.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios