The reality is that del Potro is easily the fourth best tennis player in the world - Page 53 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is del Potro the fifth best tennis player on planet Earth at the moment?

Yes, easily 81 29.14%
It's between him and Berdych/Tsonga or both 59 21.22%
No, Ferrer is 110 39.57%
He's one of the best four 28 10.07%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2013, 04:06 PM   #781
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
You think every single 3-set match a player loses from a set and a break up is a choke, regardless of what actually happens on court? It's never a case of simply getting outplayed/tired/unlucky...?
unlucky?no........tired?who cares its his fault and getting outplayed maybe but Delpo choked that final we all saw it you know
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #782
country flag Ivelina_P

Ivelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The reality is that del Potro is easily the fifth best tennis player in the world

Talent-wise he isn't the fifth,but ABOVE that.

Washington = unofficial 5th Slam
http://ivelinacp.tumblr.com/image/55430905367
Mark Lenders = Gospel of Objective Unbiased Analysis
Topspindoctor = Pillar of MTF
Abel = GOAT
Ivelina_P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #783
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

The current poll results are interesting: 50% of the people (86) voted for Ferrer, 86 voted that the rankings don't reflect reality. Considering some people don't actually think Ferrer is good and just voted to try and prove me wrong, it's safe to conclude more than 50% of MTF doesn't buy Ferrer's inflated ranking - definitely a sign of sanity.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #784
country flag vpmrosulate

vpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond reputevpmrosulate has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer in 2 View Post
OMG really?
Yeah, here's the tweet, with a picture: https://twitter.com/WeLoveNadal/stat...07170745790464

del Potro/Nalbandian/Safin
Gulbis/Monfils/Dolgopolov/Tursunov/Giorgi
Davydenko/Janowicz/Verdasco/Lopez
Soderling/Cilic/Blake
vpmrosulate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #785
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, easily.

He's the only one outside the top 4 who I could see belonging in that top 4 based on his talents.
Injuries sadly have limited his career. I just hope and wish him good health because JMDP is good for tennis.
The Fearhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #786
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The current poll results are interesting: 50% of the people (86) voted for Ferrer, 86 voted that the rankings don't reflect reality. Considering some people don't actually think Ferrer is good and just voted to try and prove me wrong, it's safe to conclude more than 50% of MTF doesn't buy Ferrer's inflated ranking - definitely a sign of sanity.
You mean 0.16% of MTF members have the same preferences as you do.
Considering that some people don't actually think Del Potro is good and just enjoy taking part in the Ferrer hating, it's safe to conclude it's a bit less than that. Definitely a sign of sanity, yep.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #787
country flag Timot

Timot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your interpretation of others intention is just your delusion. And the results could have been even less favorable for you, if it weren't for your biased poll options, eg. if someone "blindly" followed the rankings he'd consider Ferrer as #4, not 5, as that's his position atm and has been for the last several weeks.

He's #5 based on:
- his form in big events (GS and Masters),
- winning % against top10 for the last 52 weeks,
- better H2H against each one of his rivals to #5, etc,
Not his ranking, which is still higher atm (even though, it will probably change on Monday).
Timot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #788
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timot View Post
Your interpretation of others intention is just your delusion. And the results could have been even less favorable for you, if it weren't for your biased poll options, eg. if someone "blindly" followed the rankings he'd consider Ferrer as #4, not 5, as that's his position atm and has been for the last several weeks.

He's #5 based on:
- his form in big events (GS and Masters),
- winning % against top10 for the last 52 weeks,
- better H2H against each one of his rivals to #5, etc,
Not his ranking, which is still higher atm (even though, it will probably change on Monday).
Exactly. That's why I didn't take part in the poll. But let him believe what he wants, he's living in a fantasy world anyway, with hardly any kind of touch with reality.

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #789

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer's option finally below 50% as it should be - MTF showing some sanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
You mean 0.16% of MTF members have the same preferences as you do.
Considering that some people don't actually think Del Potro is good and just enjoy taking part in the Ferrer hating, it's safe to conclude it's a bit less than that. Definitely a sign of sanity, yep.
Stop trolling already

Old 05-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #790
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Less than half think Ferrer is the real #5 then? Interesting, seems a lot more agree with Lenders than people make out.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #791
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ferrer's option finally below 50% as it should be - MTF showing some sanity.

Stop trolling already
Those are the actual numbers, I'm afraid.
Though by now perhaps 0.17% of all MTF members have voted your way.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #792
country flag No1emania

No1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond reputeNo1emania has a reputation beyond repute

The reality is that a healthy Del Potro is easily the 4th best player today. Or even 3rd due to Federer's aging.

Del Potro

Janowicz
No1emania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #793
country flag Stronga23

Stronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond reputeStronga23 has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer fans he has been awful this year. So Lenders is spot on. Also DelPo beat Murray and Djokovic back-to back while Ferrer had two massive chokes against Nadal and Murray. Also you say Ferrer beats DelPo 75% of the time well Monfils does the same shit to Ferrer.

Stronga,Monfils,DelPo,Nalbandian,Berdych,Gulbis,Ha as and Djokovic are the players I support the most.
Stronga23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #794

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Less than half think Ferrer is the real #5 then? Interesting, seems a lot more agree with Lenders than people make out.
I'd not use the word think, it's a logical impossibility. The ability to think (rationally) makes it impossible to reach the conclusion that Ferrer is the fifth best player in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
Those are the actual numbers, I'm afraid.
Though by now perhaps 0.17% of all MTF members have voted your way.
I'm obviously referring to active GM members who have come across this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1emania View Post
The reality is that a healthy Del Potro is easily the 4th best player today. Or even 3rd due to Federer's aging.
This is a valid opinion, with a poll option dedicated to it and all (the last one), so vote up I assume you mean ahead of Murray, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronga23 View Post
Ferrer fans he has been awful this year. So Lenders is spot on. Also DelPo beat Murray and Djokovic back-to back while Ferrer had two massive chokes against Nadal and Murray. Also you say Ferrer beats DelPo 75% of the time well Monfils does the same shit to Ferrer.
It's not just this year, his entire claim to fame is built on little league domination.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #795
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute

The real top 10 (in order):

1. Djokovic
2. Nadal
3. Federer
4. Del Potro
5. Soderling
6. Tsonga
7. Berdych
8. Gulbis
9. Fognini
10. Almagro
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote