Federer to win a slam this year. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #46
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer to win a slam this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Not when discussing who's the better player. But it does count when discussing rankings. I wasn't doing that though. I just said Nadal was one of the top 2 players right now. Something that's different to the ATP rankings
I cannot recall you giving Federer the same treatment when he was still ranked behind Nadal but winning tournaments left and right. When exactly, in your opinion, was it established Nadal is now one of the top 2 players at the moment? After Vina de Mar? Sao Paolo? Acapulco? Indian Wells? And correspondingly, when was is established Federer was one of the top-2? After Paris 2011? WTF? Rotterdam 2012? Dubai 2012? Indian Wells? Madrid?

Quote:
Predicting a tournament the day before it starts seems like a good indication of being able to judge who's the better player at the moment.
At least on that particular surface. Basically noone would have picked Federer over Nadal in MC, had he entered. Correspondingly, basically noone would have picked Nadal over Federer had it been indoor hard. If your statement that Nadal is one of the top-2 at the moment only refers to clay, that I agree with you without reservation.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #47
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

If his current form holds throughout the rest of the year, definitely no chance whatsoever. What he needs to do is to string up some wins to get confidence and momentum going, as well as be able to prepare and stay fit for a solid 3-4 weeks at the time of slams. Unless can he can manage that, might as well throw in the towel for the year.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #48
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Predicting a tournament the day before it starts seems like a good indication of being able to judge who's the better player at the moment.
Not completely. Predicting a tournament is a lot to do with the surface and match-ups and thus, the draw. All on Nadal's results, other than IW, are on clay. You can't predict him doing well on other surfaces just because of his clay results.

Quote:
Achievement wise, Federer is above Nadal. Playing level and potential wise (and therefore more likely to have better results in the upcoming months), I'd put Nadal way above Federer. I highlighted the 8 months title drought as an indication of Federer's poor level of play.

The injury absence he had says nothing about his current level of play.
I guess we can put an end to this. We are saying essentially the same thing, just stressing on different point. Just don't blame the ranking system
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #49
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

I love Liotes and GSMnadal debates

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #50
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
I love Liotes and GSMnadal debates
Wow, Joe, you're one of the select few to write GSMnadal correctly Most use an uppercase N, for some reason. A little disappointing then you get my name wrong

As for our debates, I am glad to say there are never any hard feelings. I respect him as he does me, we just disagree a bit occasionally
Old 04-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #51
country flag lazybear

lazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond reputelazybear has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
sure
You said that last year too.
lazybear is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #52
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

The odds say it is a better chance that he won't, but still, I'd be very surprised if he finished his career with just 17.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #53
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute

very funny, I'm going to start "Gasquet to win a slam this year."

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #54
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
The odds say it is a better chance that he won't, but still, I'd be very surprised if he finished his career with just 17.
Have you got odds on this specific subject? I'm not surprised they're offered, just haven't seen them myself, would be interested to know the exact odd.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #55
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Have you got odds on this specific subject? I'm not surprised they're offered, just haven't seen them myself, would be interested to know the exact odd.
Very small market, very early as well, but:

Fed to win a slam- 3.1
Fed not to win a slam- 1.22
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #56
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Very small market, very early as well, but:

Fed to win a slam- 3.1
Fed not to win a slam- 1.22
Thanks! Not a good payout, they're not expecting lots of action on it.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #57
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

No. Roger and Nadal are done winning slams. 17 is amazing though.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #58
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mug View Post
I can only see Federer as a legitimately dangerous threat at Wimbledon. Winning it, however, is a bit of a stretch.
Just like last year, right? I am saving this thread just so I can entertain myself further if the GOAT goes and does something more remarkable than last year.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #59
country flag GOATERER

GOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond reputeGOATERER has a reputation beyond repute

GOAT still has a solid shot at Wimby IMHO, he's still best player on Grass but due to age, he might not always be able to bring his A game there which could mean a QF/SF exit

RG requires a bit of luck, but I think GOAT is 3rd favourite behind Dull/Nole...if the draw is kind enough (with Dull #5) then he might go as far as Final there

USO Nole is clear favorite IMHO
GOATERER is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #60
country flag Chair Umpire

Chair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond reputeChair Umpire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D. View Post
very funny, I'm going to start "Gasquet to win a slam this year."
That would be less hilarious than this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Edberg must be spinning in his grave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
As usual Mjau! is right on the money. Her analysis is flawless. It is unfortunate not everyone is as brilliant as her.
Butthurtism in Tennis Thread (demonstration inside).
Chair Umpire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote