*** ~~~ Betting shrine ~~~ *** - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #706
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** ~~~ Betting shrine ~~~ ***

Streak of 7? That's great!

I could conceivably had got a streak of eleven (!!) if I'd only not bet on G. Melzer. Or, if he wins, I could get a streak of 12....I don't expect him to, though. Wanted to add him to my stats. Wish that had been the first thing I did today It has been a spectacular day for me regardless. Not finished yet, though. I have a considerable amount out on Dimitrov. If he wins, it's either +1321 or +1384. If he loses, I'm still well in the black for the day. So far today 6 for 6 in Vienna and 4 from 4 in Stockholm Not so good in Moscow, but I made those bets first....

Also won my first bet ever on a Bosnian and a Swede
vBookie net amount won: 9335 (2014: +2640, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 179, TT doubles rank 160.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 08:04 PM   #707
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

I lost big today Typical that Pospisil would improve the one match I thought he was gonna lose.. just ugh. Happy for him, but sad for me losing almost half of my vCash.

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:38 AM   #708
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

I ended yesterday on +1321. This also gave me a new personal best career total, +4025 This stands as my best career total ever at the end of a day's play. Record during play was slightly better, that that has also been improved after winning bets on Istomin and Karlovic today, to +4200.

This weekæs tournaments so far:
Stockholm +1005 (won 1005, lost 0!)
Vienna +798
Moscow +137 (including today's two completed matches)

Old 10-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #709
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Thought that the odds on Khachanov(v. Tipsarevic) were too good, almost placed a bet on him, but then the (then) current streak stopped me. It's very easy to start placing passive bets once you realise that you have a win streak going.

Win streak broken at 8. Bad day today. Lost 500 on Dolgo and Anderson took me out of ST. First three days of the week were to good to be true anyway. Had increased my vCash by 400%(i.e. to 500%) of it's starting. Week(and each of the 3 tournaments) still in positive.

2 landmarks:
Nadal over Wawrinka last week was my 1200th career bet*(as always, excluding abandoned ones)
Seppi over Lorenzi yesterday was my 900th bet of the season
Incidentally, my win streak started at the former and ended with the latter.

*Greater than 0.3% of the total bets placed on MTF.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #710
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

I too was plagued by a streak. I had 11 straight in Stockholm, to prolong that I bet on Anderson even though I wanted to bet on de Schepper, given the odds. That did not pay off. Streak ended on 12. Also, I tried to bet on Kohli again, after a long break, and it was the same old story...so not a good day so far. If Gasquet, Ferrer and Thiem wins then I'll have only a moderate minus, but to get a plus for the day I'll have to add a bet on Raonic - Johansson - and win it.

Congrats on your landmarks I have 1291 career bets now Not counting abandoned ones (of which I have 20).

Old 10-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #711
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I have 1291 career bets now Not counting abandoned ones (of which I have 20).
So slowly you are breaking all the longevity advantages I had over you in the statistics.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #712
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
So slowly you are breaking all the longevity advantages I had over you in the statistics.
You still have me soundly beat for gross amount won.

Gasquet is in trouble, btw If he loses almost all this week's gains are lost

Old 10-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #713
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

I got in Gasquet, Thiem and Ferrer. Made a 38 bet on Johansson. If he wins, I'm +14 for the day. A loss takes me to -167. Still not too bad on a day packed with surprises, after a great start to the week.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #714
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Made a bet on Haase because I know Pospisil is a mug, and that he was gonna lose.. whataya know, I was right!

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #715
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

I can't get Canadians right. Lots big on Raonic, reducing my total for the week and putting me off course for more "accumulated plus" records in the immediate future. Fognini also put me in negative in Vienna.

If Dimitrov wins, I'll salvage -386 for the day.

Lost on Raonic in Suicide too. Not a good day for me. But still a good week in total, +1622 if Dimitrov wins. If he loses, +1076.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #716
country flag Pratik

Is Canada your worst country? Without looking I can say that mine are Switzerland followed by Czech Republic(same two players again) with Austria at third due to one bad bet on Melzer.

Today must have been a tough ST day with Raonic losing and Ferrer getting the W/O.

Thiem would have made this a great day for me. Both in terms of vBetting and Gasquet's chances for the WTF.
Gasquet +110, Khachanov -50, Thiem -18. Still a positive day.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #717
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Canada is my second worst country, ahead of Japan. I've lost three times as much as I've won betting against them, and 2½ times as much betting on them. Can't get them right. I too struggle with the Czechs but not to the same extent. Austria was just a win for Thiem away from being positive. And Switzerland is my best. Federer on top, Wawrinka solidly positive, Chiudinelli and Laaksonen positive both on and against, though of course the last two have little action.

I paid the price for being a coward in Suicide. Wanted to pick Ferrer or Gulbis to have a chance of winning, but picked Raonic to secure more points. As it was a Ferrer with Gulbis BU or vice versa would have seen me survive....with Dimitrov a likely winner, half the remaining field will go into day 6. 15 players in total.

Old 10-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #718
country flag Pratik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
You still have me soundly beat for gross amount won.
I thought I replied to this.

Even if I stop betting, it is going to take a real drastic change in betting style from you to beat me in either gross won or gross lost, even within the next year. Same holds to a lesser extent in total amount bet, I think. I am presently 87 away from 2.24M.

15 players left on day 6. Wow! That must not happen often in a one week tournament.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #719
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
I thought I replied to this.

Even if I stop betting, it is going to take a real drastic change in betting style from you to beat me in either gross won or gross lost, even within the next year. Same holds to a lesser extent in total amount bet, I think. I am presently 87 away from 2.24M.

15 players left on day 6. Wow! That must not happen often in a one week tournament.
My total amount bet is "only" 967 180. I guess I'll finish the year very close to one million. Will try to get over I don't expect to change my style so probably the next year will be similar, hopefully with less frantic bets on Federer but with more activity early in the season.

15 players on day six is unusual, but not unheard of. Week 1 I was one of 16 to get to day seven without a pick. Of the 15, only four can still win as the other 11 have used too many of the remaining players (or the wrong ones).

Old 10-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #720
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

After eventful days I played it safe today, mainly going on outsiders with small amounts. Only favourite I bet on was Haas, and he saved my day, for a total of +91

So far this week:
Stockholm +1280
Moscow: +367
Vienna: +66

Plus in all three Don't think I'll risk any of them, betting below what I've already won for tomorrow.