*** ~~~ Betting shrine ~~~ *** - Page 43 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #631
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** ~~~ Betting shrine ~~~ ***

Hm, I got fooled - a few of my bets are for tomorrow, not today.

I added bets on Istomin, Goffin and Tursunov.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #632
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

I added another bet for tomorrow - 185 on Sock (99/37). Huge chance here, I'd say. Almost every breakthrough of the kind Raonic had in Montreal is followed by a letdown when playing the next week.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:54 AM   #633
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Ouch, bad day yesterday. Lost both my biggest bets on Istomin and Janowicz. Went -773 for the day, now -709 for Cincinnatti.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:06 AM   #634
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Lost 3 bets of 500 on Fish, McDonald and Melzer and won on Stepanek and Blake for a total of -270. I too ended up placing a few bets for today. Big one on Isner and one on Anderson. So, among the 7 bets I placed yesterday, only 2 were odds-on and Stepanek among that was at 0.99. Going big on Isner again because I will always trust Isner on US soil. If he wins, I may even end up placing my second bet against one of two favourites in the next round, over Gasquet.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #635
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Between vBetting, FITD and THE Game, it seems that for many matches either outcome will both help me and hurt me. Not sure who to root for anymore
Old 08-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #636
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

I've had a real bad run so far in Cincy. Suddenly Nieminen decides to win again. Davydenko's breathing problems didn't last and he broke my perfect streak on Paire. Nishikori continues to cause me troubles, thought it'd be better on HC but apparently not. And I forgot to bet on my mainstay Robredo. At least Younzhy and Wawrinka won for me.

Another "make-or-break" bet on Federer will dwarf the other results, though. Thought I was done with those but it's hard for some reason....and not betting big on 4/17 against Kohli in Cincy proved impossiblem even though I needed two tries to process the bet.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #637
country flag Pratik

Before wining on him yesterday, Davydenko was 1-7, but still was in positive of 1000+. Andujar reaches a 0-8. Why do I still bet on him?
Also bet my 200th amount yesterday. +2563 yesterday for a total of +2293 for the tournament.

Started today well with a big win on Murray. Lot of odds off bets for the third day in a row.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #638
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Andujar is really troublesome for me too. Significant losses both on and against.

I won big on Federer yesterday. The plan was to get enough to - once again - get to career plus, but I lost on pretty much everything else so I stayed on -243 even after my tournament moved to +5455. I've noticed a funny trend. In each tournament I win really big on Federer, I do terribly elsewhere, dampening the effect of the big win. And when I lose big on him, I do well elsewhere, dampening the effect of the big loss. I hope to end the series now and restrain myself to normal bets on Fed, but if my willpower is enough for the task is uncertain, to put it mildly. I'm almost showing addict tendencies here.

Today started fine for me too, with a Murray win. If Pospisil beats Goffin, I'm back to career positive again
Old 08-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #639
country flag Pratik

Davydenko goes to 2-8, but still with a 1000+ net.
Robredo improves to a 8-1 with a +13K net.

Even mentioned that I would bet on Isner a couple of posts ago, but ended up putting 1000 on Gasquet Betting on favourites is what has ruined my vBetting numbers. Gasquet is on a small positive and Federer is on -63K.

+260 for yesterday, Cincinnati +2553
Old 08-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #640
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Your favourites have ruined you? Funny, I have avoided a similar fate (for now). Federer is back on top of my rankings, after my win on him against Kohli. The rest of my top-10 list of favourites are solidly positive as a group, with Davydenko being the only one on minus, but even his stat is no catastrophe. My worst players are generally ones I'm quite positive towards but not to the point of calling them favourites. I guess I'm more cautious with my favourites (except Fed, ofc) than I have been with them. None of my "worsts" have contributed to bad results lately, though. I have all but stopped betting on Almagro, Del Potro, Kohli, Nieminen, Nishikori, Dolgopolov and Ferrer.

Yesterday ended with +70 for me. Not enough to erase the career negative. Came very close on Pospisil, but not enough....
Cincinnati is +5525.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #641
country flag Pratik

It's quite easy to get carried away into thinking that the odds on your favourite are worth betting on. Among my favourites, Wawrinka and Hewitt are the only ones with a very good record. Federer, Melzer, Kohlschreiber, Llodra and Stepanek(including doubles bets for the last two) have cost me a lot of vMoney.

I just realised that Federer and Berdych(although he isn't one of my favourites)together are responsible for just over 30% of my total amount lost. That is despite having 191 other players(/teams/countries). And this does not even include the amount I have lost betting against Berdych(except those on Federer against Berdych, of course).

Yesterday also got me back to five figures for career profit.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:11 AM   #642
country flag Pratik

Won my first bet on Tursunov in 4 attempts. Loss on Robredo takes him to 8-2. This was already my 26th bet on Dimitrov, add to that 2 on him in doubles.

Yesterday: +2262, Sadly neither of my late bets on Robredo and Dimitrov paid off.
Cincinnati: +4815

Add to that the 7222 "gift" from MTF. I'd say it is a nice week.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #643
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Wohoo! I'm back to career positive

+395 for my betting career

Went +568 yesterday, winning on the five early matches (except Isner-Raonic) which I abstained from) and losing small on the two night matches.

Total for Cincy: +6111

For today, I expect to bet a bit on del Potro at 2/5. Don't see Tursunov in the SF. I'm not sure about the others...will probably place a purely symbolic sum on Federer, for Murray - Berdych I'll await the odds when the market is up.

Last edited by Litotes : 08-16-2013 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #644
country flag Avi14
14 Slams,no?

Avi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond reputeAvi14 has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw this thread.

Nice place to keep up on Vbookie stats.

I'm down by 10,233 Credits now.I'll try to take it seriously from now on and update my stats regularly.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:44 AM   #645
country flag Pratik

@Avi: Welcome to the Betting Shrine!

@Litotes: do you have any idea if admins have access to more overall vBetting stats than the ones mentioned under "Bet Statistics"?

Today, I'm going to go for three underdogs plus Murray(it would probably be best to refrain from a Berdych bet)