*** ~~~ Betting shrine ~~~ *** - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-09-2013, 06:56 AM   #616
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** ~~~ Betting shrine ~~~ ***

I also lost big on Berdych (not that big), who also took me out of Suicide tennis. Which was annoying, as I won on all other matches I bet on (Djokovic, Gasquet, Raonic, Davydenko and Matosevic). Total for yesterday +40. Total for Montreal -252. Career total -6064.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #617
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't bet because I am too lazy to continue with my picks method, it takes more time than I want so I will leave it and I will simply pick players and put my (+/-) credit average in every tournament like you do with a shorter explanation of my picks than before.

For today I only see Gulbis as a good bet. He has been playing well in this tournament and Raonic is not physically well. Del Potro played a very poor tennis yesterday. I put 300 credits on Gulbis, for me he has shown better things in this tournament than Milos (who plays at home).
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #618
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Today:
Pospisil, Gasquet, Matosevic, Raonic.
Amounts are such that I need at minimum both the Canadians or one of the underdogs to win to make a profit for the day.

Went for Raonic as I don't expect Gulbis to back up the big win. Also hoping that if he is not physically up for it, he will retire before the first set is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosRafaNadal View Post
I didn't bet because I am too lazy to continue with my picks method, it takes more time than I want so I will leave it and I will simply pick players and put my (+/-) credit average in every tournament like you do with a shorter explanation of my picks than before.
As you can see, this thread is filled with discussions about our personal vBetting stats and some one/two liner discussions about a market. You are obviously welcome to do the same. You can always go back to the long explanations if and when you are paid to do this. Who needs math when you can be a professional handicapper (Just kidding, of course.)
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #619
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

My bets today: Nadal 4884 (1/11), Davydenko 91 (9/7) and Djokovic 714 (1/7). If I get Nadal and Djokovic then I'm back to positive for the tournament. As for Gulbis - Raonic I'm undecided. Might add a bet on Gulbis later. Have had little success betting against Canadians here, though, so betting against both remaining ones might be too rich for me.

4884 and 714 are my 207th and 208th different amount bet (I've done 91 before). I bet I'm the only one keeping that stat.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:24 PM   #620
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
4884 and 714 are my 207th and 208th different amount bet (I've done 91 before). I bet I'm the only one keeping that stat.
You said that just to bait me, didn't you? As always, you succeeded. Will do it over the weekend. Possibly tonight itself. Will take some time though. 1080 bets to go through plus the abandoned ones, which I will be counting for this stat. I'm guessing I should be at 250+.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #621
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
You said that just to bait me, didn't you? As always, you succeeded. Will do it over the weekend. Possibly tonight itself. Will take some time though. 1080 bets to go through plus the abandoned ones, which I will be counting for this stat. I'm guessing I should be at 250+.
It will be interesting to see your total I have 913 bets myself, or 929 if you count the abandoned ones, which I don't do in the outset as it's a requirement in my "main base" to have either an amount won or lost. So I've stuck the abandoned ones in a separate sheet. There are no unique sums among those 16, though.

Davydenko - Pospisil was my first abandoned bet since 26/6. At that date I had three (!) I guess you remember the early rounds of this year's Wimbledon....
Old 08-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #622
country flag Pratik

Quote:
It will be interesting to see your total I have 913 bets myself, or 929 if you count the abandoned ones, which I don't do in the outset as it's a requirement in my "main base" to have either an amount won or lost. So I've stuck the abandoned ones in a separate sheet. There are no unique sums among those 16, though.

Davydenko - Pospisil was my first abandoned bet since 26/6. At that date I had three (!) I guess you remember the early rounds of this year's Wimbledon....
Wow! I had forgotten how much you have caught up with me. I had maximum 2-3 bets a day for most of the 3 months after Rome before Washington.

There was another stat(not vbetting related) which I wanted to look up this weekend, which I'm pretty sure you would be(or at least you were) really interested in. Guess that will have to wait now.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #623
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Wow! I had forgotten how much you have caught up with me. I had maximum 2-3 bets a day for most of the 3 months after Rome before Washington.

There was another stat(not vbetting related) which I wanted to look up this weekend, which I'm pretty sure you would be(or at least you were) really interested in. Guess that will have to wait now.
I'm sure I'd be interested still, whenever you get around to it

And yes, I've had quite high activity for some time. I had more than 100 bets in RG.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #624
country flag Pratik

As soon as I started doing it, I realised that the 250 that I gave will be way off. For most of the time that I have been vBetting, I have only looked at the decimal odds. So, it's very easy to keep betting the same amounts. Also, I've never put an amount just to increase this stat(you know you do it ). 197 different amounts. 131 of them with just 1 bet. 20 with 10 or more bets:
Code:
100	127
200	100
1000	99
50	84
500	64
20	58
300	51
2000	41
10	36
400	29
3000	25
5000	24
2	23
800	21
150	18
250	15
30	12
600	12
1500	12
700	10
Old 08-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #625
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

197 amounts? That's more than I expected, tbh. I'm prefectly aware that my total is inflated due to keeping this stat and I didn't think yours would be. I never choose an amount that won't pay out clean, though. If the odd is xx/100, then I only bet multiples of 100. Of possibly 10 or 25, if it's a real long shot I'm adding to my list of players bet on but not reallly believing in. Tomek.'s markets are nice this way, you see very unusual constellations like 19/118 when it will have to be a multiple of 118 bet.

My most frequent bets. I have 21 with 10 or more. My "leader" and #2 is the same as yours:
Code:
100	68
200	36
50	31
300	27
400	25
40	24
80	23
20	16
500	16
250	14
10	13
150	13
160	13
1000	13
30	12
60	12
125	12
180	11
220	11
600	11
140	10
Old 08-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #626
country flag Pratik

Well, every since you pointed out the fractional odds to me, I have been a bit more careful in putting amounts with clean payouts(although I have gone back to old habits recently). Another reason I have so many is that sometimes I decide the total I want to bet before the break up. For example, in one of my many I-need-one-of-these-2/3-to-win bets I decided to put 7000 in total. Which led to 3 consecutive bets of 2334. This amount, like so many others, never occurred before or after.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #627
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

I have much fewer solitary amounts than you, "only" 65. Then 49 amounts twice, 29 three times, 16 four times and then lower numbers from there on.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #628
country flag Pratik

Quote:
I have much fewer solitary amounts than you, "only" 65. Then 49 amounts twice, 29 three times, 16 four times and then lower numbers from there on.
Almost exactly half of mine!
For me, 19 amounts occurring twice, 14 thrice, 4 four times, 1 five times, 5 six times, 2 seven times, 1 eight times, higher are are mentioned above.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #629
country flag Pratik

With a bad last two days, I ended up at -12650 for the week which included a lost 20k bet, 2 lost 3k bets and 3 lost 3K bets! Have had a couple of positive tournaments, but every week post Wimbledon has been negative. Career: +7452.

I chose quite a bad time to post my WC numbers(just before Nole-Nadal). Don't think anyone saw them.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #630
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

I saw them, just didn't reply. Bumped it now.

I ended Montreal on +114 thanks to my loss on Pospisil against Raonic. Had Pospi won I'd have gone in fairly big on Djokovic against Nadal but I lost heart and secured my plus.

For Cincy I'm already on +64 after a small win on Harrison. Other bets today:
Odds-on:
Dimitrov 121 (10/11)
Paire 298 (1/2) - risking my best streak, I've never lost on Paire in seven bets.
Janowicz 410 (2/5)
Nishikori 270 (4/9)
Monaco 162 (4/6)
odds-off:
Fish 100 (54/50)
Youzhny 75 (34/25)
Mayer 120 (32/12)
Fognini 139 (1/1) - counts as odds-off as he's the underdog
Rosol 50 (11/5)

One new amount bet - 298.