*** ~~~ Betting shrine ~~~ *** - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #361
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** ~~~ Betting shrine ~~~ ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Not a very good day for me either. I was done in - again - by Del Potro. I honestly have no idea why I bet on him.

All I have left is 100 on Federer, for a possible win of 22. I have calculated I need to bet 1650 on him to have a chance of a plus for today. I haven't yet decided if I want to do it....40 more minutes to think about it. He just came out of a vicious negative stat and back to decency...1650 minus would be enough to see him 3rd last, only above Del Potro and Almagro. On the other hand, a win would see him back to top-5. Tempting.
Not trying to make you feel bad, but I was quite surprised when I saw your JMDP bet. Not only did you lose big on him, you also had several very close calls on him recently with big amounts. Guess he is your worst player now.

I got tempted on Federer by seeing his level in the last match. Of course, Simon has given him a lot of trouble in the past, but then that's the reason why the odds are so good.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2013, 06:37 PM   #362
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute

My bets for today so far

Gulbis -200
Dolgopolov -30
Anderson -25
Ferrer ABANDONED
Total -255

And I have

Gasquet 300 (Possible +126)
Federer 500 (Possible +110)

Possible(-19)

I will bet 200 more in Roger
bry17may is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #363
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Not trying to make you feel bad, but I was quite surprised when I saw your JMDP bet. Not only did you lose big on him, you also had several very close calls on him recently with big amounts. Guess he is your worst player now.

I got tempted on Federer by seeing his level in the last match. Of course, Simon has given him a lot of trouble in the past, but then that's the reason why the odds are so good.
Don't worry, I feel bad, but it's not in any way your fault. I honestly don't know what grip Del Potro has on me. He's not even one of my favourites. It must be the statistical purist in me, trying to rehabilitate my worst players. He's been at the bottom of my stats for a long time, though Almagro is now even worse. And Federer was worse after Nishikori before Starace.

Now that bry17may has also upped the ante on Federer, I will follow suit. Both joy and misery loves company, isn't that what they say?
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #364
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Both joy and misery loves company, isn't that what they say?
First time I'm hearing it like that. It's always misery loves company, afaik.

Rome organisers are terrible. They put my two favourite and heavily bet on players so late in the day.

After the wonderful piece of cheating by Janowicz, Richie seems to be following in the lines of Gulbis and Chardy for the day. If he loses, even a Federer win won't be enough to get me into positive for the day.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #365
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Rome organisers are terrible. They put my two favourite and heavily bet on players so late in the day.

After the wonderful piece of cheating by Janowicz, Richie seems to be following in the lines of Gulbis and Chardy for the day. If he loses, even a Federer win won't be enough to get me into positive for the day.
That must be some others saying that

Gasquet lost I avoided betting on that one, was unsure about Richie but didn't like the odds on Janowicz either. So Federer winning was not enough for you...still better than losing, ofc. Now, thanks to my boldness, I managed +2 for the day. Perhaps I should start counting how many days are in plus and how many in minus? There's a thought.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #366
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This is also the frist time that I hear that but I like it. And I can't believe that Gasquet lose against Janowicz

My day was

Gulbis -200
Gasquet -300
Dolgopolov -30
Anderson -25
Ferrer ABANDONED
Federer +154
Total: -401

Monday: +495
Tuesday: +1130
Wednesday: -1595
Thursday: -401
Total: -371
bry17may is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:43 AM   #367
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Rome

Monday +25 993
Tuesday + 1366
Wednesday +8684
Thursday -7070

Total + 28964

Bad day yesterday

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 115 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 67 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH, Manta CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #368
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

Today

Granollers/Lopez @ 1000
Marrero/Verdasco @ 500
Lindstedt/Nestor @ 3000
Bhupthi/Bopanna @ 5000
Granollers @ 2000
Janowicz @ 700
Nadal @ 25000
Berdych @ 450

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 115 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 67 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) RU : Sarasota CH (with Litotes), Mohammedia CH, Manta CH (with Daniel_amr)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 9:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #369
country flag Pratik

-129 for Yesterday.
-7826 for Rome.

Today:
Lindstedt/Nestor: 1000@0.85
Granollers: 400@1.8

Will be adding more later. Two interesting first time doubles matches today. Reverse pairing of Lindstedt/Nestor vs Mirnyi/Tecau and INDIA vs CZECH. Good odds on both matches

Last edited by Pratik : 05-17-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #370
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Total for Rome after Thursday's +2 is +1891. Still looks like a good tournament.

For today:
Granollers 110 (9/5) - Paire is too up-and-down to trust and it seems all other regulars here go for Granollers, so I do too
Djokovic 1500 (3/20) - Against Berdych? Nuff said
Nadal 2000 (4/25) - I bet 5000 on him against Ferrer last week at lower odds so I guess I'm losing confidence in him somewhat. Not entirely, though.

Will add a bet on Federer later, depending on how things have gone until then.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #371
country flag Pratik

Marrero/Verdasco: 200@3.23 They played the Bryans once in Baracelona and it was quite close
Granollers/Lopez: 1000@0.61
Djokovic: 1480@0.15 He is on a 11 match win streak against the Birdman

Granollers won only one game. bry17may is the only one among us who got that right. Other four of us(including b_o_c) got it wrong. Lindstedt/Nestor are down a set. I have 1000 on them, Marto has 3000 and b_o_c has 100.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #372
country flag Pratik

Terrible start of the day for me. Lost on Granollers, Lindstedt/Nestor and Marrero/Verdasco, a total of 1600. need Djokovic and Granny/Lopez to win, but that will only give me a +832. Will need to top it off with a late bet on Federer.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #373
country flag Pratik

Oh lord. I should just give up vBetting.

Nishikori beats Federer
Benneteau beats Almagro on clay, coming off a 7 match losing streak
Granollers beats Murray
And now Berdych looks like he will beat Djokovic, coming off a 11 match losing streak against him.

Lost big on all of them. And I'm not one to bet on huge favourites.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #374
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Pratik, you haven't lost on Djokovic yet. Berdych has faltered against him before. He needs to hold serve twice to win. Easier said than done.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #375
country flag Pratik

Completely wiped out.

Went 0/5 today for a total of -4080.
Ridiculously bad last 12 days. -26516. Everything I touched turned to stone. Opposite of the Midas touch.

Nothing left to vBet with. Will have to take a three week hiatus from vBetting. With my posting habit, it will take quite a while to build back, but my RG game should give me ~1500 credits. So see you guys either in RG SF/F or in Halle/Queens.