men's fashion thread - Page 40 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #586
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: men's fashion thread

Just something else to talk about.

Fashion expert weighs in on men's Olympic kits

Related: Highs, Lows of Olympic Kits.

WIMBLEDON, England -- Never mind the covered logos, the new color scheme, the flash mobs and crowds speaking -- without being chastised by the umpire -- during points. The biggest difference between Wimbledon and the Olympic tennis event is the suspension of the all-white dress code. Players have been taken the court in a riot of colors and styles.

We all have opinions about fashion, but some are better informed than others. Jill Bream, a New York-based stylist, who's worked with Jay-Z among others, is on the grounds here at the All England Club. We enlisted her keen eye and sartorial sensibilities and asked her to assess the attire -- "kits," the kids call 'em -- of the tennis players in the field.

Top Five Men

5. Gilles Simon, France: "The French are sartorialists at heart. Gilles stepped it up with a polo shirt in his country's colors. He'll never look back and think, "what the hell was I wearing at the 2012 Olympics?" Classy and classic."

4. Feliciano Lopez, Spain: "Feliciano's long headband is about as wild and Spanish as it gets. The red and yellow shirt couldn't look better with his tan (you know you're thinking the same thing)."

3. Lleyton Hewitt, Australia: "Everyone knows faux hawks are a big no-no but Lleyton's is working for me. That plus the bright yellow shirt screams the laid back vibe everyone associates with Australia."

2. Roger Federer, Switzerland: "Fact: Roger Federer always looks impeccable on court. It's no different for the Olympics. I love the take on his usual polo shirt with the black piping and small zipper. Everything from his wristbands to racket are perfectly coordinated (per usual). And the William Tell apple! It's all too much. I'd give him the #1 spot but I think he's won enough."

Related: Federer's "RF" Olympic Pin.

1. Andy Murray, Great Britain: "Stella McCartney designed all of Great Britain's Olympic uniforms and Andy Murray is wearing his well. The blown up blue union jack stands out and his uniform has been the most talked about here at Wimbledon."

Related: Murray's Retro Wristbands.

Honorable Mention: Milos Raonic, Canada: "Looked like a Fed-in-Training with his coordinated red and white. Also, he has the most beautiful legs I have ever laid eyes on. So...points for that."

Not top men:

• "I love Andy Roddick but his shirts are just too big (common problem with men)."

A good comparison photo: look how fitted Novak's shirt is compared to Andy's windsail.

• "Novak Djokovic just started his new partnership with Uniqlo but you think they'd give him a color other than white. Wimbledon was weeks ago."

• "Anyone who didn't change their sweaty shirt mid-match to show us all their abs."
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 08-06-2012 at 07:40 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #587
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt know we had a thread like this
Old 08-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #588
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: men's fashion thread -- i kinda like the men's capris

Quote:
Originally Posted by damaged View Post
well, look on the bright side. Nadal isn't picking as much.
On the first page of this thread, while talking about Nadal's capris.
coluta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #589
country flag Berd Lover

Berd Lover has a reputation beyond reputeBerd Lover has a reputation beyond reputeBerd Lover has a reputation beyond reputeBerd Lover has a reputation beyond reputeBerd Lover has a reputation beyond reputeBerd Lover has a reputation beyond reputeBerd Lover has a reputation beyond reputeBerd Lover has a reputation beyond reputeBerd Lover has a reputation beyond reputeBerd Lover has a reputation beyond reputeBerd Lover has a reputation beyond repute

Berdy has been loving wearing stuff with flowers on it over the past 5 months.

And today, wearing a jumper with flowers on it at London Airport

Supporting: Tomas Berdych (CZE)[#7], Fabio Fognini (ITA)[#20], Dominic Thiem (AUT)[#39], Vasek Pospisil (CAN)[#53], Borna Coric (CRO)[#91], Alexander Zverev (GER)[#137], Marton Fucsovics (HUN)[#164] & Ben Mitchell (AUS)[#268]
Berd Lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote